IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

I am still trying to  troubleshoot why my mR as I cannot see my it on my network . The Lumen app is continuingly asking to select a LUMIN as the mR is falling off the network over and over.  It also will not show up on Kazoo.  I have strong a Wi-Fi connection and Network via my Apple Exteeme in spite of a being wireless . I've rebooted the mR.  I have reinstalled the Bubble UPnP server app via the GUI? I've powered down and re-powered the mR.  I've tried rebooting the MR and resetting MPD/DLNA app which shows active. Occasionally the mR will show up from the media renderer's tab on Bubble Server then  minutes later it disappears.  I do see the following error on the media renderer's tab when I select the (create an open home renderer box), "Server Error: could not create OpenHome Renderer: UPnP AV renderer cannot be controlled. If this is a WMP renderer make sure you enabled remote control in WMP".  This is a new problem for me and it's been working great for months. Any help would be appreciated

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

5 hours ago, Brubacca said:

I also have had it when not playing.  I only listen to music every couple of days and have noticed since the upgrade to 2.5 that I usually have to reboot.  

I disconnected and reseated my usb connectors today.  I'll let you know in a day or two if it worked.  

So I recomnected my mR about 11:30am today.  Listened to some music (working from home).  About 4pm I turned the music off.  Went about my evening.  Got home at 10pm and checked the Lumin App.  The mR was now gone from Lumin.  The mR is seen by my web browser, just not the Lumin app.  

I have not done a system update since I got the 2.5 card.  I was concerned because the web page says current version 2.5 and new version 2.3.  

Should I run the update utility and then see?  Maybe reinstall my 2.3 OS version and see if the problem stays or goes away?  

I do actually use a wireless bridge to extend my network.  Maybe a temporary hard line to test it out?  

well, left both mR's with an album on repeat for a few hours same issue with the one now playing to the dragonfly, DLNA renderer just stops running. Have restarted it and its now playing again, the other mR is still playing on repeat fine. both take music from same source and are both hard wired to switch. might it be worth putting 2.3 SD card back in to rule out hardware?

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

8 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I am still trying to  troubleshoot why my mR as I cannot see my it on my network . The Lumen app is continuingly asking to select a LUMIN as the mR is falling off the network over and over.  It also will not show up on Kazoo.  I have strong a Wi-Fi connection and Network via my Apple Exteeme in spite of a being wireless . I've rebooted the mR.  I have reinstalled the Bubble UPnP server app via the GUI? I've powered down and re-powered the mR.  I've tried rebooting the MR and resetting MPD/DLNA app which shows active. Occasionally the mR will show up from the media renderer's tab on Bubble Server then  minutes later it disappears.  I do see the following error on the media renderer's tab when I select the (create an open home renderer box), "Server Error: could not create OpenHome Renderer: UPnP AV renderer cannot be controlled. If this is a WMP renderer make sure you enabled remote control in WMP".  This is a new problem for me and it's been working great for months. Any help would be appreciated

This is long shot, but try to uninstall MPD/DLNA and then reinstall it from Apps / Software Manager. Also, if you are using a mobile device with cellular service you need to put the unit in Airplane mode and then connect to your network via wireless only.   

The last few days I have been having the same/similar issues as Brubacca (and Jiffi32).

I have the following set-up: MacMini (with Minimserver and Bubble UPnP) -> Router -> microRendu -> Ayre QB-9 and Lumin App on an iPad as control point

Since I started using the microRendu back in October 2016, I have been having very few issues. I guess the Lumin App has "lost connection" with the microRendu once a month or so. After rebooting (actually, disconnecting and reconnecting the power plug since I could not control the microRendu from sonicorbiter.com) it started working fine again. 

Like Brubacca, I have not done a system update since I got the 2.5 card (when it says "current version 2.5" and "new version 2.3", an update does not really sound like an update...).

For me the problems started about a week ago (maybe less). The microRendu has kept disappearing from the Lumin App. After rebooting the microRendu, it works fine again. Twice it stopped playing (and disappeared from Lumin App) in the middle of a song, something which has never happened before.

I guess I turn on my stereo 3-4 times each day. Since these problems started, I believe the Lumin App has not found the microRendu approx. 50% of the times I turned on the stereo. 

Last night when the Lumin App did not connect with the microRendu, I was experimenting a bit. Instead of rebooting the microRendu, I went to the Audio App Switcher. The MDP / DLNA switch was already "active", but I clicked it anyway. After I did this, the Lumin App once again did find the microRendu. (I have done this once, so not sure if this can be replicated).

I use the same Mac Mini to stream music to an Opponent 105 in a different room. I do not have any problems with this. Therefore, it does not seem like the issue is related to the Mac Mini, Minimserver or Bubble UPnP.

Well,  what is VPN and where can I find out if I'm running it?  I assume it's somewhere in my network set up .  I use an Apple router and I have the Airport utility on my iPad.

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

I don't believe that we have made any changes to the MDP/DLNA application since we launched 2.5. You can update the unit and see. I'm a little suspicious when things all the sudden act different and we have not made any changes on our end. I can't give you any information about Lumin and how or when it seeks UPnP devices on the network. I might be able to release a new version of the MDP/DLNA application that we have been working on for another output mode that is coming out soon and see if that helps.  

I moved all these posts here together because it seems you all have an issue with the Lumin app and the MPD/DLNA output mode. Where do you guys run the Lumin App? Do your devices have cellular capabilities? Do your devices go into a sleep mode? If yes, I would put the device in Airplane mode and then connect via WiFi. I would also disable the sleep node. I'll let you know when to update even though I can't say it will resolve your issue. When your device stops what does Apps / DAC Diagnostics show?    

5 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I would put the device in Airplane mode and then connect via WiFi

Jesus, airplane mode turns off wifi.  I think maybe you mean turn off cellular data.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

I don't believe that we have made any changes to the MDP/DLNA application since we launched 2.5. You can update the unit and see.

Do you mean to update from 2.5 (current version) to 2.3 (new version)?

Where do you guys run the Lumin App? Do your devices have cellular capabilities? Do your devices go into a sleep mode? If yes, I would put the device in Airplane mode and then connect via WiFi. I would also disable the sleep node. I'll let you know when to update even though I can't say it will resolve your issue. When your device stops what does Apps / DAC Diagnostics show? 

I run the Lumin App on both an iPad and an iPhone. The iPad has cellular capability, but it is turned off. The iPhone obviously have cellular capability. Not quite sure what you mean by sleep mode. The Mac Mini's sleep mode is turned off, but I do not believe the iPad and iPhone have a sleep mode option.

When I turned on the system a little while ago, the microRendu had disappeared again (both from the iPad and iPhone). Once again (as I mentioned in my last post), I was able to reconnect with the microRendu by clicking the MDP/DLNA switch in the Audio App Switcher, i.e. rebooting was not necessary. (Sorry, forgot to look at the DAC Diagnostics first)

Last night I updated my mR.  Today home from work and mR has dropped off Lumin app on iPad.  I can browse to the mR, but not available as target for Lumin.  I had no music playing at alll just sitting there since last night.  I tried loading Linn Kazoo app, but it could not find mR.  I wemt into app launcher and selected MPD/DLNA (it already said active).  mR was then available to both Kazoo and Lumin.  

I really don't think it is an iPad issue.  I have a desktop PC which I'll try to load Kazoo on.  I'll try to run some music with it then see if it can stay connected to mR.

We are releasing some updates shortly that will allow support for a new UPnP player to stream to Sonicorbiter. No clue if it will fix your issue since I can't reproduce it here so hang in there.

In the mean time please confirm that you are using OpenHome via BubbleUPnP. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

I do not have BubbleUpnp running at the moment.  I usually do, but removed it as part of the troubleshooting.  Currently I a, connected via Kazoo from my PC running 100 songs through the mR from the Kazoo PC app.  I'll let you know how it goes.  If that fails I'll load up Bubble Upnp and try again.  

From memory when I had Bubble running the bubble upnp device was still there when the straight upnp device disappeared, but the device still didn't produce music.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

In the mean time please confirm that you are using OpenHome via BubbleUPnP. 

Yes, I am using OpenHome via BubbleUPnP. Those times the Lumin App has lost connection to the microRendu, the microRendu did not appear as a Media Renderer in BubbleUPnP (but the Minimserver still appeared as Media Server).

I've had problems others have mentioned recently with Lumin losing contact with the microRendu.

I think I've had exactly the same problem running Lumin on an iPad and BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu.  Same resolution of going into the app switcher and reselecting DLNA/MPD.  Kazoo is even more flaky than Lumin.

What seems to work reliably is BubbleUPnP on Android (not OpenHome) but I only have an Android phone, not a tablet so I prefer to use my iPad as the control point.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

The update has been uploaded so go ahead and try it.

I installed this update tonight and now JRMC can no longer see the microRendu as an available Renderer.

All attempts to reboot the microRendu, or the JRMC server fail to reveal the microRendu as available Renderer.

I tried switching away from MPD/DLNA to another app and then back again, still no luck. I also tried restarting MPD, still nothing.

What's strange is that Sonicorbiter has no problem finding the unit, and I can see it has an IP address in the Fing app on Android, but it simply won't show up as an available JRMC "Zone" anymore.

The microRendu is also no longer visible as an available Renderer in BubbleUPnP Server, which I have running on a Mac mini computer and not on the microRendu itself.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

7 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

I installed this update tonight and now JRMC can no longer see the microRendu as an available Renderer.

All attempts to reboot the microRendu, or the JRMC server fail to reveal the microRendu as available Renderer.

I tried switching away from MPD/DLNA to another app and then back again, still no luck. I also tried restarting MPD, still nothing.

What's strange is that Sonicorbiter has no problem finding the unit, and I can see it has an IP address in the Fing app on Android, but it simply won't show up as an available JRMC "Zone" anymore.

The microRendu is also no longer visible as an available Renderer in BubbleUPnP Server, which I have running on a Mac mini computer and not on the microRendu itself.

My two units are updated and JRiver is finding them. After I updated I went to Settings / MPD/DLNA Renderer and pressed Save...this reinitialize the output mode. One unit is running BubbleUPnP server and the other is not. Both units are connected directly to my router via Ethernet. On the the unit running BubbleUPnP server I had to check off Create an OpenHome renderer again and now Kazoo finds all three renderers. I selected the OpenHome render...force of habit and because it supports Tidal and Qobuz.  

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 7.02.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 7.11.16 AM.png

First off let me say that I din NOT run the update you just loaded.  

I let my test of my wired pc run all night.  That PC does not go to sleep and I have turned off all power saving except screen saver.  

When I got up this morning the PC Kazoo app was still connected to the mR. It ran through the 100 song playlist.  

12 minutes ago, Brubacca said:

First off let me say that I din NOT run the update you just loaded.  

I let my test of my wired pc run all night.  That PC does not go to sleep and I have turned off all power saving except screen saver.  

When I got up this morning the PC Kazoo app was still connected to the mR. It ran through the 100 song playlist.  

I appreciate you testing this. 

I have a "double wireless" here.  So I am trying to determine if the problem is that.  I only reported the issue because it was brought up on another forum and mentioned that it was a known issue.  

By double wireless I mean iPad control wireless and mR connected hardwired to wireless ethernet bridge.  It worked mostly fine with 2.3, only the occasional reboot.

I'll load the update, but if problem persists I'll run a temporary hardwire to the mR from switch and report back.