IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@wklie Hi! I wanted to get a feel for using the Lumin App by playing to my ultraRendu in DNLA/MPD mode. I installed minimserver on my Synology NAS and installed the Lumin App onto my 11" iPad Pro. Everything seemed to be working correctly, however every time I "wake" my iPad the music will stop and when I try to get it playing again the entire queue vanishes. What am I missing here? TIA.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

That depends on how the particular OpenHome renderer implementation behaves.  What you describe does not occur on Lumin hardware - the Lumin OpenHome implementation is developed in-house and not based on any existing OpenHome open source implementation.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

10 hours ago, wklie said:

That depends on how the particular OpenHome renderer implementation behaves.  What you describe does not occur on Lumin hardware - the Lumin OpenHome implementation is developed in-house and not based on any existing OpenHome open source implementation.

OK, thanks. I figured that this would not be typical behavior for Lumin hardware. I'm just trying to get as much info as I can before investing in a U1, I want to be sure that this is my best choice for my situation.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

21 minutes ago, keeper said:

Hello

Can i run a Lumin app on the Microsoft Surface Go?

Will support be offered for the Neo and Duo?

I'm guessing like i just did on my MAC with full windows I could use Linn Kazoo 

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

53 minutes ago, keeper said:

Hello

Can i run a Lumin app on the Microsoft Surface Go?

Will support be offered for the Neo and Duo?

i don't think so -- just tablets and phones.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I have the same configuration

I think the problem could be due to Bubbleupnpserver, it is quite slow in retrieving the streamer ... did you shut down the SOtM?

Sometime I have observed that, after a reboot of the streamer, Lumïn app still show the streamer but Bubbleupnpserver not yet and this is causing the crash of the app

hope this can help

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, wklie said:

Those of you using non-Lumin hardware and experiencing Lumin app issue can try Esoteric Sound Stream app.

Are you sure about this app? It only gets 1.6 out of 5 stars.  

I am actually looking for a replacement for mconnect.    

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

7 hours ago, Philippe Bill said:

are you planning a solution?
or
will the Lumin app never be anymore compatible with "non-Lumin" hardware ?

If the lumin app would work or see non lumin hardware, this would solve my issues I am having on my 2nd system that I am using Mcontroll on.  Mcontrol when playing tidal masters, only plays 30 seconds of a song but ,the lumin app playing on the same network going to my D1 using the same ipad plays fine with 0 issues. If the lumin app could control other non lumin devices like my PS audio Direct stream JR, that would solve my issues and 1 app instead of 2 to control everything in my house. 

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

2 hours ago, erniejade said:

If the lumin app could control other non lumin devices like my PS audio Direct stream JR, that would solve my issues and 1 app instead of 2 to control everything in my house. 

Lumin app requires OpenHome.  I don't think this device supports it AFAIK.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

10 hours ago, wklie said:

At the time of this post we still hope Lumin app can work on any OpenHome renderer.  We would like to have critical compatibility issues solved, but tasks that benefit Lumin hardware users have priority.

I understand and on the other hand, I have appreciated your Lumin A1 for years and I know the regular evolution of your software... 

just found a small glitch:

- stop playback (as Roon endpoint) at the very beginning of a track

- let the U1 Mini "sleep" (display goes black)

- resume playback from where you left and...

... no track title on U1 Mini display ('till a new track starts)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 2/11/2020 at 4:01 AM, wklie said:

At the time of this post we still hope Lumin app can work on any OpenHome renderer.  We would like to have critical compatibility issues solved, but tasks that benefit Lumin hardware users have priority.

as I understand it today.. the problem occurs under the following conditions
- Lumin iOS version since 6.1.14 (android is OK)
- limited number of renderers (SOtM, DigiOne, ..)

question what does SOtM sMS-200 and DigiOne have in common ?

18 hours ago, pl_svn said:

just found a small glitch:

- stop playback (as Roon endpoint) at the very beginning of a track

- let the U1 Mini "sleep" (display goes black)

- resume playback from where you left and...

... no track title on U1 Mini display ('till a new track starts)

I cannot reproduce this problem.  I did this:

- Play something from Roon remote app

- Pause

- Let it sleep and wait for front panel to go black

- Play from Roon remote app again

- Track title shows up in front panel

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead