IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

Same to me:

I'd like to move the license for AO 2.0 beta to my optimized Audio PC hardware, but since last week actually no response. [emoji31]

Unfortunately I have used both available licenses for testing on different hardware. So right now no chance to activate AO 2.0 beta on my WS 2012 R2 Audio PC.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hi Guys

sorry, we allowed ourselfes to enjoy christmas and new year as a family. We'll start working through over 300 emails now. Please be patient and don't resend your emails, everyone will get an answer.

best,

Phil & Family

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Actually it was the first time for me through the entire year to have a few days off... All other holidays were either used to bring new children to this world, to watch our for my wife after delivering that child or bringing all of them together into a new place. So not holidays at all untill now... ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I really understand that you had to enjoy your holiday season. But now I am still waiting since 23.12.15 for a reset of the activation key, because I moved from the testing machine to my audio pc with windows 10 replacing server 2012.

When do you think the emails received during holiday season will be checked?

Hi

we're back since a while. Obviously something went wrong, please accept my apologies. Please resend your request to [email protected]

Best,

Phil

Yes the Media Creation Tool only downloads Win 10 (home), not the pro, doesn't tell you that huh until you install. After an hour or so on the Microsoft site a few months ago now, it is clear that to download the pro iso is hidden to such a degree, it's easier to buy and download the ISO via a simple wizard.

There's always the torrents, provided the torrent is the same as the MS iso to add in your license key and not the hacked version.

No. The Media Creation Tool will download a pro version over an earlier Windows version that is "pro" or higher; if you don't have a pro version already installed it will download home. In other words, for a free upgrade you get Windows 10, but you don't get pro if you didn't already have pro or higher installed:

from Microsoft:

When you upgrade to Windows 10 for free, you’ll stay on an edition of Windows that is similar to the one you’re currently running. For example, if you’re running Windows 7 Home Premium, you’ll receive an upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

If you have earlier version of pro or ultimate installed, the tool will download pro.

One of the faqs at the page below clearly explains it.

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ - Windows Help

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

...pretty kool :) starting with Beta 8 you'll never miss a new available update for AO!

(assuming there is a working internet connection to actually check our servers for it)

update.png

Version 2.00, beta 8

================================================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Introduction of update notification feature

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Possibility to disables Windows Defender (Windows 10) FIX

- Possibility to disable OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

ServiceTool 2.00

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Possibility to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Removed support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

Very weird... I built a pre-check to see if internet is working or not and if there is no internet the update check will be skipped. Will have a look at the code tonight.

best,

Phil

I tried on winserver 2016 p4

but tells me not compatible operating system

Hi

No need to email me AND post it online :) please send me the screenshot of the output i asked for, thanks.

best,

Phil

I tried on winserver 2016 p4

but tells me not compatible operating system

Hi

Thanks for the output via email. I suggest you use the english instead of the italian version of server 2016 TP4. Once you sent me the next output i'll try to integrate the italian version in beta 9

Hi

the Update notification check is present in AO, ServiceTool as well as setup, so that makes sense. Beta 9 will have a better check if Internet/DNS is available or not, so you wont see it anymore.

Best,

Phil