IGNORED

How to test lan speed between two macs?

My mini (music only) and mac pro (main computer in office) can be linked in a bunch of ways. Wifi, hard wire, etc. One would think hard wire is faster but for some reason in my new place this is a bit odd. And I have different wifi routers and configs I have tried with very varied results.

I would like an app I can install in one or both machines to determine the fastest and lowest latency connection.

Anything useful out there?

Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

My mini (music only) and mac pro (main computer in office) can be linked in a bunch of ways. Wifi, hard wire, etc. One would think hard wire is faster but for some reason in my new place this is a bit odd. And I have different wifi routers and configs I have tried with very varied results.

I would like an app I can install in one or both machines to determine the fastest and lowest latency connection.

Anything useful out there?

Thx.

Copy a large file and look at the sustained xfer. If you are concerned about latency on a local network then I have to assume you have some serious implementation issues.

Hardwire will always be the go to choice due to speed is a given if the wiring is meeting TIA spec.

You need to figure out why the wire speed is suspect.

I use helios lan test

HELIOS - HELIOS LanTest OS X für 40 Gigabit Ethernet

the web page is in german, the software itself however is in english. Try the link under "download" and use tools/tools as user/password.

I second this... You just mount the network volume then select it as the destination

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer