IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi,

This requires an experimental version of MPD made by lintweaker and others. Moode only runs mainline MPD releases to minimize support load. If native DSD and SACD iso support ever makes it into mainline MPD release then Moode will include it.

The wonderful Archphile includes the custom version of MPD. Archphile - Yet Another Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi, Udoo, Cubox-i and Odroid C1+/C2

-Tim

Many thanks for your great product and support.

I have just made a small donation to you too.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), Audirvana Plus 3.0, AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, Oppo HA-1/Mutec MC1.2 + Weiss DAC2, Audio-GD Master 9, Oppo Balanced Headphone Cable, Oppo PM-2

Hi,

I have just installed Moode and I have been getting what I assume is clipping (crackling noise at certain points in songs). I have an IQ Audio Dac+ and I'm using flac files that have had replay gain set by album in foobar. The only setting that I've changed in Moode was disabling the volume control as I'm using a headphone amp. I know there are plenty of volume settings but I'm not sure which ones are best to change.

Hi,

I have just installed Moode and I have been getting what I assume is clipping (crackling noise at certain points in songs). I have an IQ Audio Dac+ and I'm using flac files that have had replay gain set by album in foobar. The only setting that I've changed in Moode was disabling the volume control as I'm using a headphone amp. I know there are plenty of volume settings but I'm not sure which ones are best to change.

Hi,

If the audio glitches are in fact due to clipping you might want to try the -6 dB setting for Analog volume and 0 dB setting for Analog playback boost.

These settings are on the Customize screen under Chip options section.

-Tim

Hi,

If the audio glitches are in fact due to clipping you might want to try the -6 dB setting for Analog volume and 0 dB setting for Analog playback boost.

These settings are on the Customize screen under Chip options section.

-Tim

I changed the ALSA volume from 100 to 95 earlier and that fixed it. I just tried your method and put ALSA back to 100 and that worked too. Thank you.

8 hours ago, serialdie said:

@TimCurtis, You ever thought about integrating Multi-Room Audio?

Like RAATS Integration IE: Roon-Bridge?

I been playing with this and Roon-Bridge has work just fine with moodeaudio.

I know this is not supported... I am just experimenting :)

Hi,

Moode already supports multi-room synchronized audio via two of the integrated audio renderers, Airplay and Squeezelite. Use either iTunes or LMS.

To do this using Moode/MPD requires integrating something like SnapCast then creating a control UI for volumes and selection of endpoints, etc. It would be a considerable work effort for IMO a relatively niche usage scenario e.g., multi-room sync audio.

-Tim

7 minutes ago, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

Moode already supports multi-room synchronized audio via two of the integrated audio renderers, Airplay and Squeezelite. Use either iTunes or LMS.

To do this using Moode/MPD requires integrating something like SnapCast then creating a control UI for volumes and selection of endpoints, etc. It would be a considerable work effort for IMO a relatively niche usage scenario e.g., multi-room sync audio.

-Tim

@TimCurtis,

I been playing with all options, Thanks for poting this out to me, For what ever reason it escaped me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

MoOde release 3.5 is available at moodeaudio.org :-)

This release is $10 USD and includes a really great set of features, updates and bug fixes that provide improved audio quality, ease of use, reliability, performance and device support. Refer to the release notes below for details.

Everyone that donated to Moode Audio or purchased a moodeCase in 2017 prior to this release should have received a free MoOde 3.5 product key via email.

Amazon CloudFront CDN is being used to distribute the download zip file. Initial downloads might be a bit slow but once they are cached into the CDN, speeds should pick up. Please report any download issues to tim at moodeaudio dot org.

Enjoy!

-Tim

=============================
3.5 Release 2017-04-12
=============================

New features

- NEW: Real-Time Advanced Audio Kernel
- NEW: Advanced Audio Kernels for armv6l
- NEW: Advanced driver options in Audio config
- NEW: High performance compressed file system 
- NEW: Pi-Zero W support in Standard kernel
- NEW: ALSA Equalizer DSP with preset curves
- NEW: Airplay advanced config settings
- NEW: SoX multithreading option
- NEW: Configurable rotary encoder driver
- NEW: SSID scanner for Network config
- NEW: Use Artist or AlbumArtist tag for Library
- NEW: Optimized SQL database
- NEW: System information screen

Media

- NEW: BBC 320K Radio 5 live sports extra
- NEW: France Musique Classique Plus
- NEW: France Musique La Contemporaine
- NEW: France Musique La Jazz
- NEW: WDR 1LIVE
- UPD: Audiophile Baroque stream link
- UPD: Audiophile Classical stream link
- UPD: Audiophile Jazz stream link
- UPD: Audiophile Lounge stream link
- UPD: Audiophile Rock-Blues stream link
- UPD: CDNX 2 stream link
- UPD: Czech Radio Classical stream link
- UPD: Mad Music Asylum stream link
- UPD: The Jazz Groove station logo
- UPD: Remove Classic And Jazz station (no longer broadcasting)

Audio devices

- NEW: Allo Boss DAC (i2s)
- NEW: Allo Piano HiFi DAC (i2s)
- NEW: Buffalo I (i2s)
- NEW: Audiophonics ES9018 DAC (i2s)
- NEW: Audiophonics ES9023 DAC LTE (i2s)
- NEW: Audiophonics TDA1387 DAC (i2s)
- NEW: Pi2Design 503HTA Hybrid Tube Amp (i2s)
- NEW: Chord Mojo (usb)
- NEW: iFi Audio Micro iDsD (usb)
- NEW: Korg DS-DAC-10R (usb)
- NEW: Lector Digitube s19 (usb)

Updates

- UPD: Bump to moodeOS 2.0 multi-kernel
- UPD: Bump Standard kernel to 4.4.50
- UPD: Bump to MPD version 0.20.6
- UPD: Bump to WiringPi 2.44
- UPD: Bump to shairport-sync version 3.0.2
- UPD: Bump to Squeezelite version 1.8.6-938
- UPD: Add dsd to Squeezelite audio codec list
- UPD: Soften some Squeezelite settings
- UPD: Improve Squeezelite config handling
- UPD: Deprecate logarithmic volume since MPD handles this now
- UPD: Additional hardware revision codes
- UPD: Memory optimizations for PHP5-fpm
- UPD: Add equalizer state to Audio info
- UPD: Add kernel type to Audio info
- UPD: Add wifi signal level to Network config
- UPD: Move Playlist first/last page buttons to top
- UPD: Add help for Clock radio Play field
- UPD: Add bitrate to currentsong.txt
- UPD: Clean up wording/help on NAS config screen
- UPD: Streamline Audio config page
- UPD: Add Rescan MPD DB to Sources page
- UPD: License agreement for Moode Audio Player
- UPD: Setup guide general information section

Bug fixes

- FIX: Browse parseList() slice files/dirs
- FIX: Audioinfo scrolling on small screens
- FIX: Auto-shuffle + Autoplay not persistent after restart
- FIX: CPUAffinity bitmask
- FIX: MPDAS launch bug
- FIX: Playlist click handling
- FIX: CPU governor update job
- FIX: Dhcpcd wait even if static ip address

moode-r35.png

player-r35-1.png

Hi @TimCurtis

Thank a lot for the new Moore version!

I've installed now and I have some questions:

What is the difference between "Advanced-LL" and "Advanced-RT" Kernel?

What is the difference between MPD scheduler "FIFO" and "RR"?

What is the better setup?

Soxr multithread sounds better?

Have a nice day!

Andrea

Another GREAT release Tim, thank you for all of your hard work!

I downloaded, installed, and configured 3.5 without a hitch, now up and running with a 100 song play list through the MamboBerry LS DAC+, sounds fantastic!

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 5.47.21 PM.png

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Thanks for the update. I don't understand many of the improvements but they sound impressive :D

So, still no Spotify service support? Pity, this rules me out as I don't want to keep/maintain two sets of players + hardware and keep switching between them. I use Spotify extensively.

Tim, is there any docos/links (not necessarily your own) which explain all these advanced tuning options in a humanly possible way?

Cheers

14 minutes ago, macuniverse said:

Thanks for the update. I don't understand many of the improvements but they sound impressive :D

So, still no Spotify service support? Pity, this rules me out as I don't want to keep/maintain two sets of players + hardware and keep switching between them. I use Spotify extensively.

Tim, is there any docos/links (not necessarily your own) which explain all these advanced tuning options in a humanly possible way?

Cheers

Hi,

I can't integrate Spotify Connect until the dev for librespot, the Spotify Connect library for Linux, address the issue where it sets the client volume to 100% upon initial connection.

-Tim

10 minutes ago, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

I can't integrate Spotify Connect until the dev for librespot, the Spotify Connect library for Linux, address the issue where it sets the client volume to 100% upon initial connection.

-Tim

Fair enough, although I always use 100% volume anyway (external DAC/Integrated for volume control) others may find this risky.

Maybe make this is an option, default turned off, to leave it to the user to turn it on (with a red warning message) at 100% volume level? Is this any different to disabling volume control for the player and let the user adjust the volume through external devices?

BTW I just bought a license just to support Tim's development efforts. I think it's only fair that he gets something in return for his wonderful audio player. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

Major releases $10, maybe 2 of these a year. Updates, new kernels, bug fixes, minor feature adds, etc $0. Something like that.

-Tim

understood.

Thank you for providing such a useful software in reasonable price.

I am going to purchase it.

11 minutes ago, macuniverse said:

Fair enough, although I always use 100% volume anyway (external DAC/Integrated for volume control) others may find this risky.

Maybe make this is an option, default turned off, to leave it to the user to turn it on (with a red warning message) at 100% volume level? Is this any different to disabling volume control for the player and let the user adjust the volume through external devices?

BTW I just bought a license just to support Tim's development efforts. I think it's only fair that he gets something in return for his wonderful audio player. Thanks again.

Hi,

I don't have any control over the volume setting that librespot forces on the Spotify Connect client app. Librespot simply sets it to 100%. Imagine what this would do to a users speakers if they are not using an external volume device to control volume.

Reference the issue below for progress

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/150

-Tim

19 minutes ago, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

I don't have any control over the volume setting that librespot forces on the Spotify Connect client app. Librespot simply sets it to 100%. Imagine what this would do to a users speakers if they are not using an external volume device to control volume.

Reference the issue below for progress

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/150

-Tim

OK, looks like the issue won't be addressed in a foreseeable future. I see where you come from though. If one connects a DAC to Power amp without a hardware vol control it's a real issue/risk.