IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

8 minutes ago, monster7 said:

Thanks for your helping.

Now the problem is the Moode OS cannot recognize my USB dac which is Halide Design DAC HD.  Is that the power supply problem or the device? Thanks again.

Did you configure Moode for use with a USB DAC at all?

Configure -> Audio -> MPD Settings -> Audio Output

I'm guessing you did not read the set-up guide, if not you really should.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

27 minutes ago, monster7 said:

So embarrassing. I have read some unofficial set-up guide but still cannot see this setting.

Now the music can be played, many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems there is no official guide, so is there any good set up guide except the lengthy forum discussion? 

There used to be a set-up guide when 3.8 was the official release, maybe that was taken down at some point, or maybe it came as a text document file with the actual download?

I can't remember anymore.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

12 hours ago, monster7 said:

So embarrassing. I have read some unofficial set-up guide but still cannot see this setting.

Now the music can be played, many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems there is no official guide, so is there any good set up guide except the lengthy forum discussion? 

12 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

There used to be a set-up guide when 3.8 was the official release, maybe that was taken down at some point, or maybe it came as a text document file with the actual download?

I can't remember anymore.

Go to Menu>About

Moode Audio Player is a derivative of the wonderful WebUI audio player client for MPD originally designed and coded by Andrea Coiutti and Simone De Gregori, and subsequently enhanced by efforts from the RaspyFi/Volumio projects.

Release: 3.8.4, 2017-08-28 release notes
    Update: (None)
    Setup guide: setup guide
    Coding: Tim Curtis © 2014 moodeaudio.org, twitter
    License and Warranty: (see below)

Ronnie

On 11/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, Gustav9 said:

Moode Player will no longer be available as an image file. Tim Curtis has decided that the work involved is too much. Instead, if you have a good working knowledge of Linux, you can add it manually to a distro such as DietPi using the material that Tim has provided. Otherwise, just wait for a week or two and Moode Player will be included in a forthcoming release of DietPi.

Can you please give some more info?

I do not have any experience with DietPi. How will it be used?

Thnx

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, Gustav9 said:

Moode Player will no longer be available as an image file. Tim Curtis has decided that the work involved is too much. Instead, if you have a good working knowledge of Linux, you can add it manually to a distro such as DietPi using the material that Tim has provided. Otherwise, just wait for a week or two and Moode Player will be included in a forthcoming release of DietPi.

HI gustav, since I have problem with my old version (database is disappeared no possibility to create one) could you give me some details or a link to include the folders for moode player 4.0 in the DietPi? I have DietP on a SD card, should I simply paste the forders as they are in the sd? Thanks

12 minutes ago, Gustav9 said:

Hi rappo69

The recipe process required is very complicated and requires a good working knowledge of Linux.

The good news is that a much simpler two step process will soon be available from www.moodeaudio.org when Tim Curtis releases beta 12.

ok thanks but up that moment which is the working release that I can easily mounton an SD? Thanks again

In the meantime, I've been auditioning Roon. Works quite well. 

Software: Roon [depricated: Moode Audio (http://moodeaudio.org), Audirvana Plus+]

Digital: Ayre Codex [upgrading to Ayre QX-5 Twenty]; Oppo UDP-205; [depricated: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry Digi+];  Synology Diskstation 412+ NAS;  Tidal

Preamplification: Ayre KX-5 Twenty;  Amplification: Ayre VX-5 Twenty; Speakers: Vandersteen 5A 

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC, Concept tonearm, Artist v2 ebony cartridge, Ayre P-5xe, Nakamichi 630 (Tuner… just for fun)

Cables: Audioquest Aspen for speakers, otherwise Anti-cables throughout (except Audioquest running from P-5xe to K-5xeMP) 

45 minutes ago, Pelliott321 said:

PiCore is a little more difficult to implement and I believe it is limited to 24bit 192 resolution, no dad, but it's been a while since I looked at it

It may be worth your while to refresh yourself with it, as it has evolved quite nicely, supporting all of the latest RPi DACs, DSD (DoP) support, airplay, spotify, upnp and up to 384kHz/32 bit support. Setting up the LMS server is an extra step, but you end up with a lightweight, responsive and well supported music player.

An additional alternative is Dietpi DietPi Link

4 minutes ago, monster7 said:

I have changed the wifi SSID to my home wifi instead of blank

and now I cannot connect to the moode with my Android phone, the moode SSID disappear .What can I do now? Thanks for your helping again.

Find the IP address issued to the Moode Player by your network, using the Fing app or similar.

You are no longer searching for the Moode SSID, the unit should now be on your own home WiFi's SSID, but you need to know it's IP address so that you can access it via a browser.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

14 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Find the IP address issued to the Moode Player by your network, using the Fing app or similar.

You are no longer searching for the Moode SSID, the unit should now be on your own home WiFi's SSID, but you need to know it's IP address so that you can access it via a browser.

Many many thanks, it works now. So that 172.24.1.1 is no longer access in my network. I guess even I set DHCP instead of static, I dont need to search the address every time reboot?

Sorry I am a computer idiot.

48 minutes ago, monster7 said:

Many many thanks, it works now. So that 172.24.1.1 is no longer access in my network. I guess even I set DHCP instead of static, I dont need to search the address every time reboot?

Sorry I am a computer idiot.

Impossible to say, but if your router is powered down it may choose to assign a different IP address after the power is restored.

Other times a router will seemingly give a new IP address for no reason at all after the DHCP lease "expires". Too many variables for anyone to know exactly how your network will behave.

But if you have Fing, or various other means, you can always find the new/different IP address should the above actually happen.

The 172.24.1.1. was never actually access over "your" network, that was a Moode "hotspot" of sorts, broadcasting it's own SSID fully separate of your network using the RPi's built-in WiFi chip/antenna.

Are you using an RPi3? If so you can always temporarily connect an Ethernet cable should the WiFi be dead in the water. Of course that is not a solution if you have an RPi Zero W.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

3 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Impossible to say, but if your router is powered down it may choose to assign a different IP address after the power is restored.

Other times a router will seemingly give a new IP address for no reason at all after the DHCP lease "expires". Too many variables for anyone to know exactly how your network will behave.

But if you have Fing, or various other means, you can always find the new/different IP address should the above actually happen.

The 172.24.1.1. was never actually access over "your" network, that was a Moode "hotspot" of sorts, broadcasting it's own SSID fully separate of your network using the RPi's built-in WiFi chip/antenna.

Are you using an RPi3? If so you can always temporarily connect an Ethernet cable should the WiFi be dead in the water. Of course that is not a solution if you have a RPi Zero W.

Thanks I am using pi3, I havent bought the Ethernet cable, will try a supra cat8 later.