IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

2 hours ago, jcn3 said:

@TimCurtis When I first powered up the RPi, I used Ethernet. Couldn't access it, so checked the router and it didn't appear under attached devices. Rebooted a few times, but still no luck.

When I connected in AP mode with the Ethernet still connected, there was a message below DHCP saying not connected or not in use or something like that. Put in an SSID and the problem went away.

Now operating happily with static address using the same Ethernet cable!

Just to confirm, I've had a similar experience.

3 hours ago, TimCurtis said:

If anyone can provide a way that I can replicate the issue "Ethernet connection not available" I'll be happy investigate.

I can try with a fresh SD card this weekend and let you know.  I don't think it was user error, but you never know.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
7 minutes ago, ibastian said:

I'm currently on 3.1 and trying to do a portable setup with a pi zero w. Before I upgrade, does anyone know the Zero's wifi is supported in the latest version?

Yes it is, I am on 3.7 and have a Pi Zero W working with the on-board WiFi.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

27 minutes ago, ibastian said:

Thanks! I have this Dac connected and I really want to give it a shot:

https://www.justboom.co/product/justboom-dac-zero-phat/

That should work just fine, I've only used my Zero W with a USB DAC, however Moode does appear to have driver support for the JustBoom DAC Zero pHAT so you should be good to go.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 3:07 PM, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

Try the USB (UAC2) fix setting on System config.

-Tim

It doesn't work. Same pic / poc story (only when pays resolutions bigger than 44khz ) ....

Did somebody tryed theMoode- Rpi with Audiophilleo USB/SPDIF converter ???

If anyone has experience getting Moode NAS functionality to work with Synology DS415 play NAS. When I configure MoOde NAS source I get a green check mark but no music files are displayed in the Library or Play view. I am using NFS filshare protocol. I suspect the NAS permissions / mounting subfolders may be the culprit.   

Timothy Ivie

On 7/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, astropuppy said:

i can say in my case it was most probably operator error. Old and trying to do to many things at once....

Upgraded to 3.8 tonight. No problems with a fresh image connecting to the AP.

However, I will say it took awhile for the ap to come up and another while to be able to connect to it with a chromebook. I think the waits may be associated with it running a little zero with a edimax wifi dongle. Patience grasshopper, patience.

Thanks for your efforts. You really do spoil us.

Hi,

I am a new comer to the Pi player world and is setting up a platform based on Pi 3B with a ES9018K2M based I2S DAC from Ali Express. The setup is working fine with Volumio but I prefer to use Moode more than that. Tried a couple of Generic I2S DAC options form the setup page but no output at all. Would anybody know which DAC should I choose from the list to make that work?

(Re. : the DAC works fine under Volumio by choosing Generic I2S DAC)

ES9018K2M I2S DAC.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have been looking for information on this but couldn't find any :

Is there a way to somehow control moOde Player/MPD through ssh or another type of inline commands ?

I'd like to be able to control moOde through a Jeedom domotics server which provides an efficient connexion to SSH enabled devices.

Thanks in advance !

On another topic, I thought I'd share a piece of knowledge I acquired through trial and error on my 2 moOde Players :

I have a 2 HDD NAS on my Internet modem/router/box which provides sharing through Samba.

After many attemprs to actually mount the disks in moOde, I found that the "Mount flags" field had to be filled this way :

cache=strict,ro,nounix,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,uid=1000,gid=1000

Only after this would the lines stating :

exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/[Share name]/.mpdignore: Permission denied

Finally disappear in 

/var/log/mpd/mpd.log

Tim, one thing though : the "Mount flags" field in the specified NAS don't seem to be remembered in the "NAS Source" configuration page.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, davide256 said:

Was going to give Moode a try but the install archive file on Moode site (4.0) is a file directory archive, not a .img for flashing. What gives?

Moode Player will no longer be available as an image file. Tim Curtis has decided that the work involved is too much. Instead, if you have a good working knowledge of Linux, you can add it manually to a distro such as DietPi using the material that Tim has provided. Otherwise, just wait for a week or two and Moode Player will be included in a forthcoming release of DietPi.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I have installed moode 3.84, my Android phone can detect the moode network, but cannot connect, from PC or phone. I know nothing about Linux, is there any guideline I can follow? Thanks a lot in advance.

This is what I got by typing http://moode 

This site can’t be reached

moode’s server DNS address could not be found

@monster7

172.24.1.1. is as MikeyFresh states, the wireless Access Point.

This is how it works n a windows 10 laptop.

Bring up the list of available access points by left click on the Monitor sign in the bottom right corner of the taskbar.

Select Moode and enter " moodeaudio " as the password, complete the process.

In a web browser (I use Firefox) enter 172.24.1.1. (paste and go) and that should connect to the Moode gui.

On an android device, I use  the app from " fing " to find the IP addrtess of the raspberry pi and enter that into the Chrome browser.

To save this as a shortcut on the "Desktop", click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser, select "more tools", then "add to desktop".

Hope this helps a bit (and is corrrect,lol)

ronnie

23 minutes ago, monster7 said:

I would like to ask Wifi/ethernet should set DHCP or static?

Entirely up to you, I have never used Static IP so can't advise.

and how to set Linux kernel?

The choice should be available on the Audio config page (this is from memory as I don't have a current v.3.8.4 instance running).