IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Tim,

Just wanted to let you know that the Schiit Bifrost Multibit will not work with Moode Audio.

It will only play files under 16Bit. Anything else above that will create white noise on both of my Pi's. 1 B and 2 B.

None of the media streaming service work ether.... All I hear is white noise.

Just for testing, I move the DAC to the Mac Server (OSX) and It works fine....

Can you help?

Thanks!

Hi,

- Try the USB (UAC2) fix on System config.

-Tim

Tim,

So it did not work.

Is this a problem with FIQ?

It seem to have plagued a lot of custom OS some time ago.

I see a lot of threads regarding fix and options.

It could be. Feel free to email me the output from the cmds below and I'll take a look.

- cat /var/log/moode.log

- cat /etc/mpd.conf

- lsusb

- lsusb -v

- amixer -c 1

- aplay -l

-Tim

Hi to all. I have simple question. Does anybode sucesfull used NuPrime uDSD USB DAC on MoOde ? I want to bring it, but aware that maybe it doesn't working on this image. Thanks for reply.

It should work. It has native Mac OS Support, That's an indication that it for the most part it will work with most Linux Distro's. The one that gives it right away is Android Support.

Edit: You might need a powered USB Hub.

It should work. It has native Mac OS Support, That's an indication that it for the most part it will work with most Linux Distro's. The one that gives it right away is Android Support.

Edit: You might need a powered USB Hub.

Thanks for your answer, seems i will buy it. What about active usb hub, USB2.0 or 3.0 it should be ?

Thanks for your answer, seems i will buy it. What about active usb hub, USB2.0 or 3.0 it should be ?

You won't need a hub, there is a software option in Moode that allows the RPi3 to output 2x the standard current, that should be plenty of juice for this DAC.

I doubt you will need that setting based on the NuPrime published spec for power consumption:

Power: USB-Bus powered, 150mA/5V

So not even close to the USB2.0 500mA maximum allowable current.

Of course, how much power your RPi can actually deliver is a function of the power supply you use with it, to allow some breathing room use a 2 or 2.5 amp power supply.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

You won't need a hub, there is a software option in Moode that allows the RPi3 to output 2x the standard current, that should be plenty of juice for this DAC.

I doubt you will need that setting based on the NuPrime published spec for power consumption:

BAM! That ;)

Thanks for clarifying.

Of course, how much power your RPi can actually deliver is a function of the power supply you use with it, to allow some breathing room use a 2 or 2.5 amp power supply.

Thank you, you saved for me a couple of money :) My power supply is 2.4A and otherwise i forget to say that i using RPi3 with MoOde image, and only usb dac is connected to it.

Hi,

I have raspberry pi 3 with hifiberry dac+ pro. I've tried using volumio, rune and moode audio and moode has the best functionality by far. I'm using moode audio for about 3 months now.

I was wondering if I can make a suggestion for a future version of moode. I would like to take a view of back covers and inside covers of albums while I'm listening to music. There are lot of albums that I have entire booklets saved in the same folder as music, so I would like to read them while I listen to music. Is it possible to have some kind of covers viewer in some future version of moode audio?

Thanks,

Igor

Hi,Some screen shots of two nice new features coming to Moode 3.5: Airplay 3.0 configs and System information. Thanks to MikeB for a fantastic shairport-sync 3.0 release and to inmate SC for a wonderful system info script.

Brace yourselves though, Moode may no longer be free.

-Tim

Stop the teasing and tell me where to pay! :D

Really excited about this release! :)

Any dates? Please!?! :D

Tim,

I have a micro iDSD and it supports DSD but it does not seem that moode is detecting that it does:

snapshot10_zpselprgp2w.jpeg

Any ideas why?

Hi,

It's because the releases of ALSA and MPD in moodeOS don't support native DSD. They only support DoP and DSD -> PCM on-the-fly conversion.

moodeOS uses ALSA v1.0.28 and mainline MPD releases. Native DSD requires ALSA 1.0.29 or greater and a custom built version of MPD that includes the experimental native DSD patches made by lintweaker.

https://github.com/lintweaker/mpd-dsd-019

Check out the wonderful Archphile OS. Mike made a custom MPD package that includes native DSD support. Archphile - Yet Another Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi, Udoo, Cubox-i and Odroid C1+/C2

-Tim

Brace yourselves though, Moode may no longer be free.

-Tim

Tim,

I really appreciate the level of effort you put into this project and was getting ready to donate to the cause. Do you have an idea how much you are going to charge? If I were to donate now, would I still be charged for 3.5 and beyond? Just trying to decide if I should donate now or wait for you to announce the new pricing. Thanks.

Tim,

I really appreciate the level of effort you put into this project and was getting ready to donate to the cause. Do you have an idea how much you are going to charge? If I were to donate now, would I still be charged for 3.5 and beyond? Just trying to decide if I should donate now or wait for you to announce the new pricing. Thanks.

I am in the same boat.

I wish Moode 3.5 can play SACD ISO images just like Audirvana

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), Audirvana Plus 3.0, AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, Oppo HA-1/Mutec MC1.2 + Weiss DAC2, Audio-GD Master 9, Oppo Balanced Headphone Cable, Oppo PM-2

I wish Moode 3.5 can play SACD ISO images just like Audirvana

Hi,

This requires an experimental version of MPD made by lintweaker and others. Moode only runs mainline MPD releases to minimize support load. If native DSD and SACD iso support ever makes it into mainline MPD release then Moode will include it.

The wonderful Archphile includes the custom version of MPD. Archphile - Yet Another Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi, Udoo, Cubox-i and Odroid C1+/C2

-Tim