IGNORED

Lampizator Big 7 has landed

Thanks! I'm guessing that you saw leftside's posting of the comparison shortly after I asked. :-) Supposedly, Lukasz will have pricing on the website soon. I'm drooling and clutching my wallet already! The GA sounds like a really good piece for me for my CA setup.

Yes I did! All the best ... the Golden Atlantic looks a winner by all accounts.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

On the Web site I see the Atlantic supports the following rectifiers:

5C3S or 5Y3 or 274B

Any others? I have a bunch of 5U4G, 53KU, 5AR4, GZ32/33/34/37 and U52 rectifiers. These are all supported in the rectifier slot of an amp I have (along with 274B and 5Y3).

Yes, all the 5v rectis like 5u4g, 5ar, 5r4, gz34/37, u52, etc.

The demo Atlantic I had used 274b, 5r4, 5y3 and GZ34 in testing.

The double mica 5r4gy was the best on the regular atlantic that I tried.

Hi Wisnon

Do you have a picture or a link to this tube please, I am in the process of putting together a shopping list for the rectifier in my own Atlantic and would like to obtain one of the tubes

Very best

Lee

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Sure Lee,

Check here: Tubes Asylum

for images.

Brands are Haltron/Ultron/CIE/Mazda/Zaerix and Fivre (expensive).

Check regularly on Ebay. I had to part with my spare to Christoph. LoL

I dont think he would allow it to leave his place, after I left it as a loaner!

Cheers mate will go hunting to see if I can find anything

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

It is an unusual...but not rare 5r4gy tube construction. NOT commonly found on Ebay, requires patience...but not expensive.

Proving hard to come by at the moment

About what, pray tell?

The Golden Atlantic still isn't listed as an option and no prices. Sent in the web form request using "Other" model selection and notes on desired config. Sent Monday but haven't received a response. Ready to throw money at 'em as soon as I know how much to throw!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

The Golden Atlantic still isn't listed as an option and no prices. Sent in the web form request using "Other" model selection and notes on desired config. Sent Monday but haven't received a response. Ready to throw money at 'em as soon as I know how much to throw!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

PM me and I will see if I can help. I know someone who recently ordered a GA.

Proving hard to come by at the moment

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I just wanted to point out that there might not be a reason to seek out only the double mica 5R4GY. I have an Atlantic Plus and a Brimar 5R4GY with double mica, ceramic spacers, 3-rib gray anodes, and double disk getters. I also have an RCA WWII JAN 5R4GY, and I like it more for its richer presentation.

When I look at ebay, there are usually a few of these for sale. Best of luck with your search. By the way, the Soviet 5C3S that came with my Atlantic sounded quite good.

Lampizator may be waiting to list the Golden Atlantic until it's formally launched.

Where can I find the AMANERO COMBO384 drivers for Windows 10 for the Atlantic DAC? The link in the downloaded manual only has up to Windows 8:

Index of /drivers

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846

Ok thanks. Those drivers are 5 years old, but I'll give it a go.

Edit: that did the trick. Thanks. The DAC arrived today and I've just got it setup. I'll report back later...

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846
It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I just wanted to point out that there might not be a reason to seek out only the double mica 5R4GY. I have an Atlantic Plus and a Brimar 5R4GY with double mica, ceramic spacers, 3-rib gray anodes, and double disk getters. I also have an RCA WWII JAN 5R4GY, and I like it more for its richer presentation.

When I look at ebay, there are usually a few of these for sale. Best of luck with your search. By the way, the Soviet 5C3S that came with my Atlantic sounded quite good.

I have that one too...pre 1946. Google date codes to verify age. I think that come came 2nd in our Atlantic demo to the Haltron double Mica. The stick recti was very nice too except it lacked treble extention.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Computer Audiophile mobile app