IGNORED

God and the Audiophiles

joelha

and that somehow makes it less ad hominem or are you saying you just didn't understand what you were saying?

Quoting out of context doesn't do much to improve your credibility either.

Nonsense. I was merely pointing out you are not particularly qualified to pass judgement upon the scientific competency of people you know nothing about.

If I wanted to post an ad hominem attack, I would simply point out that you are a supercilious, arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, snobbish, smug, scornful, sneering, hoity-toity, high and mighty, uppity, snooty, stuck-up, snot-nosed mis-informed and grotesquely verbose twit.

But I didn't do that.

I'm sure Bill would promise not to sue you if you just apologized.

The fact is that he did make a disparaging comment about Australians, which was more than likely later edited out.

I saw it, and quite a few others saw it.

Perhaps if you spent as much time searching trying to get previous posts from your bedfellows in the other camp, as you do searching for old posts by me that suit your purpose in order to attack me,perhaps you could even find it if it still exists ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

If this is true, why is it you cannot seem to produce the evidence, for all your blustering?

Let me up the ante a bit here:

If you can produce the evidence, I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever. All you have to do is produce evidence for your libelous claim.

Put up or shut up.

The fact is that he did make a disparaging comment about Australians, which was more than likely later edited out.

I saw it, and quite a few others saw it.

Perhaps if you spent as much time searching trying to get previous posts from your bedfellows in the other camp, as you do searching for old posts by me that suit your purpose in order to attack me,perhaps you could even find it if it still exists ?

What is this "other camp" you are referring to?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

You jump in to defend them , but have very little to contribute in the actual subject itself.

What is this "other camp" you are referring to?

Your buddies on the predominantly Objective side .You are so far from Neutral in the forum that it's blatantly obvious to most.

You frequently jump in to defend them, but have very little to contribute to the subject matter itself !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

ah back to ad hominem, how refreshing.

So how about answering the question or do you feel threatened ?

Are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

I'm not interested in answering any of your questions.-wgs

Perhaps a question that you can't brush off so easily with sarcasm or threats ?

I had to look up supercilious to make sure I was using the correct word. Most of the rest is cut-and-paste from the list of synonyms.
and that somehow makes it less ad hominem or are you saying you just didn't understand what you were saying?

Quoting out of context doesn't do much to improve your credibility either.

Bill slow down with the ad hominem attacks, you are getting muddled. My response was in relation to your quote above not your origanal ad hominem attack/s. The quote above is perfectly in context.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Your buddies on the predominantly Objective side .You are so far from Neutral in the forum that it's blatantly obvious to most.

Actually it appears that we are in the same "camp".

If you are lumping me in the numbers of hard core members in the Subjective side, then you would be wrong. In many areas I am mainly with the Objective side, relying on measurements wherever possible, and using proven technical methods to further enhance the performance of my own DIY gear. If the measurements do not agree with what I am consistently able to duplicate for myself and others via listening , then that's a different story. Even in the area of USB cables for example , measurements at the DAC end of a cable, as seen readily on a CRO and often published in some consumer publications, will usually show differences that some will dispute can cause audible differences in the DAC.

You can't simply lump everybody into the various categories.

My Signature for example, shows that I do use proven technical methods to further enhance performance. Some however may not agree that they will make any worthwhile differences because the perceived improvements may be difficult to verify by typical measurements.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Bill slow down with the ad hominem attacks, you are getting muddled. My response was in relation to your quote above not your origanal ad hominem attack/s. The quote above is perfectly in context.

Good point. Let's refocus:

If your repeated claim that I have made racists comments is true, why is it you cannot seem to produce the evidence, for all your blustering?

If you can produce the evidence, I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever. All you have to do is produce evidence for your libelous claim.

Put up or shut up.

Good point. Let's refocus:

I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever.

My point you appear to be areeing to is that you are getting muddled. Again, You mistake me for someone who cares whether you stay or not. Its no incentive.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Bill, are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

I'm not interested in answering any of your questions.-wgs

you-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg?raw=1

Sound Minds Mind Sound

You can't produce the evidence to back up your false accusations.

If your repeated claim that I have made racists comments is true, why is it you cannot seem to produce the evidence, for all your blustering?

Put up or shut up.

Bill, are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

Bill are you intimidated by the question?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Put up or shut up.

Put up or shut up.

Actually it appears that we are in the same "camp".

No. To quote an old saying, You "run with the hounds" (grin)

All you have to do is produce evidence for your libelous claim.

How about your numerous libellous statements about the state of my mental health ?

As I said before, you can dish it out, but don't like it when you get the same back.

You Sir, are a plain and simple BULLY !

Now how about we get back on topic ?