IGNORED

God and the Audiophiles

joelha

If this is true, why is it you cannot seem to produce the evidence, for all your blustering?

Let me up the ante a bit here:

If you can produce the evidence, I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever. All you have to do is produce evidence for your libelous claim.

(In case you missed it, here is your opportunity to cash in on your Messiah complex.)

That would be *your* assumption

instances where I have "want[ed] to use music ABX DBT as a scientific test for perception of complex musical experiences" ……

That number, to avoid any ambiguity, is absolutely zero.

are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

I can clearly see the racist implications and how they lead directly to the question about ABX DBT's. And then the yes or no question clearly follows right along with the thinking to discern the level of racism inherent in one's position. {Typed with a puzzled look and asking oneself, "you have got to be kidding" while feeling somehow he isn't.} Maybe things really do rotate backwards below the equator as they go down the drain {wondering if this is somehow a racist statement as well}

Coriolis bigotry.

Yes or No ?

You did use the libel word so decided not to pursue it. So why did you feel compelled to make your (nationality ≠ race) comment.

Implicit in your false, spurious and libelous accusation "racist slur yet about Australians" was the idea that if I had said something anti-Austrailian (which you and I both know I did not) is the assumption that nationality and race are synonymous. They are not.

Forget that and answer this

I have absolutely no intention of forgetting it:

If this is true, why is it you cannot seem to produce the evidence, for all your blustering?

If you can produce the evidence, I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever. All you have to do is produce evidence for your libelous claim.

Funny I can't. They are two separate issues. You seem to be getting confused Dennis.

I wonder whether that is ...never mind. My only "bigotry" is against sloppy science.

Put up or shut up.

I have "want[ed] to use music ABX DBT as a scientific test for perception of complex musical experiences" ……

Are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Are you now saying music ABX DBT is scientifically invalid, agreeing that it (currently) lacks the quality performance measures to be used by any reputable scientist eg sensitivity, speificity, reliability, validity, known true/false positives, known true/false negatives, positive and negative predictive values etc ? Yes or No ?

I'm sorry, could you please repeat the question?

Put up or shut up.

I'm sorry, could you please repeat the question?

I have "want[ed] to use music ABX DBT as a scientific test for perception of complex musical experiences" ……

Sound Minds Mind Sound

If you can produce the evidence, I will personally apologize to everyone whom you deem I have grossly offended via deployment of sarcastic remarks, and then I will close my account here at CA. You will be rid of me forever.

You mistake me for someone who cares whether you stay or not. I have told you, since you consider it libel i will not pursue it.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Sound Minds Mind Sound

You mistake me for someone who cares whether you stay or not. I have told you, since you consider it libel i will not pursue it.

I'm sure Bill would promise not to sue you if you just apologized.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I'm not going to sue anyone. No conditions. He is simply incapable of backing up his libel with any evidence, and then has the temerity to suggest I engaged in an ad hominem attack by suggesting he wasn't competent to judge what is pseudo-science (which is no more an ad hominem attack than if he had suggested I was not competent to do neuroscience -- which of course I am not).

That really is the height of intellectual dishonesty.

ah back to ad hominem, how refreshing.

So how about answering the question or do you feel threatened ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

suggest[ed] I engaged in an ad hominem attack by suggesting he wasn't competent to judge what is pseudo-science.

this had a tad of ad hominem too, lol

I would simply point out that you are a supercilious, arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, snobbish, smug, scornful, sneering, hoity-toity, high and mighty, uppity, snooty, stuck-up, snot-nosed mis-informed and grotesquely verbose twit.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Sound Minds Mind Sound