IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

Not having this problem. If the metadata is in your files, Audirvana will read it and display; e.g., cover art, track info, artists / album artists - everything.

If your metadata is a mess, then your library will look like a mess.

+1. Fix your metadata. It's a lot of work but worth it.

Not having this problem. If the metadata is in your files, Audirvana will read it and display; e.g., cover art, track info, artists / album artists - everything.

If your metadata is a mess, then your library will look like a mess.

Yes, maybe it's mess, but in iTunes and ROON everything looks perfect. Just not in A+

KnockKnock

why can't Audirvana just look at the files the same way iTunes does?

because A+ adheres to tagging *standards*, whilst iTunes doesn't

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Sorry for the delay of writing (maybe a year or whatever... ;=)

Still same issue with A+ not finding the album art, the track info, the artist name.

If anybody reads this, and have and easy solution please tell me here on the CA forum.

Don´t know how to survive the change from iTunes to A+ without using time of manually correcting/adjusting/writing files over and over again... I have used now more then 2 weeks on this!

best KnockKnock

Much of the work of making tags in your files be good for import into A+ can probably be done automatically by scripts. Take a look at Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - dougscripts.com

I've sorted all my (half a GB) music in iTunes, now installed Audirvana and am very much considering buying it due to its amazing sound, only I'd like to solve my syncing issues first:

I've done a folders sync as recommended and right after did an iTunes sync (with iTunes being switched off), several times already, and always when the syncing is finished Audirvana tells me that some files have artwork in iTunes but not in Audirvana and asks me if I want to include that artwork in the meta data of the files. I always 'select all' and hit 'yes' but it never has an effect - in Audirvana those albums still don't have a cover. I consider it way too much work to manually drop a cover on all these albums... what can I do?

Please help!

Thanx Goldsdad

I already have tried the Doug scripts, they work fine within iTunes. When I open the A+ library after using the iTunes scripts ("Artist to Album artist name", and the "Embeddet Artwork"), A+ is messed up again. I´d wish I could show screenshots here at the Forum, that would show what a mess I am having in my A+ library right now after using the Doug scripts!

Yes, I can manually adjust, correct, delete, add album art, artist names within iTunes and then refresh A+.... Actually I did this already for many of my albums, but having more then 2.7 TB this is to time consuming and takes way to much time... Maybe a month or two before I am finished with this.

Why can´t A+ just not have the possibility that I can CHOOSE to have my iTunes library listed as it is, and just use A+´s great sounding software. I mean, PureMusic can do it, Amarra can do it, Roon can do it...

If there is something that I have not done right, please correct me and tell me what to do. I´d love to use A+ the right way, without any double albums, missing album art. I just don´t wanna use weeks or months!

So back to ROON with does just what I want, easy peasy. Sorry APlus, I´ll name it AMinus, but I´ll hope somebody can correct me so we all be happy again ;=)

best KnockKnock

Thanx Goldsdad

I already have tried the Doug scripts, they work fine within iTunes. When I open the A+ library after using the iTunes scripts ("Artist to Album artist name", and the "Embeddet Artwork"), A+ is messed up again. I´d wish I could show screenshots here at the Forum, that would show what a mess I am having in my A+ library right now after using the Doug scripts!

Yes, I can manually adjust, correct, delete, add album art, artist names within iTunes and then refresh A+.... Actually I did this already for many of my albums, but having more then 2.7 TB this is to time consuming and takes way to much time... Maybe a month or two before I am finished with this.

Why can´t A+ just not have the possibility that I can CHOOSE to have my iTunes library listed as it is, and just use A+´s great sounding software. I mean, PureMusic can do it, Amarra can do it, Roon can do it...

If there is something that I have not done right, please correct me and tell me what to do. I´d love to use A+ the right way, without any double albums, missing album art. I just don´t wanna use weeks or months!

So back to ROON with does just what I want, easy peasy. Sorry APlus, I´ll name it AMinus, but I´ll hope somebody can correct me so we all be happy again ;=)

best KnockKnock

It is simple to post screenshots here, or any other .png or .jpg file. Click the "Insert Image" icon in the menu bar (the icon between the globe with the red x through it, and the movie film icon). Select "From Computer". Click the "Browse" button. Find your image in the Finder window, and click the "open" button. Back to CA, click "Upload File". Once it is uploaded into your posting, you can also resize and justify the image by double-clicking on it, then using the checkboxes in "Image Settings".

Have you tried using Audirvana in dedicated playlist mode? Move your iTunes music folder, or an alias of it, to your desktop, and open it as an alphabetical list in the Finder. Select "Play Queue" in the A+ sidebar, then simply drag-and-drop the tracks or albums you want to play into the playlist window. If your album art is imbedded in your metadata properly, it will appear in the grey bar at the top of the screen, and your metadata tags should also display correctly in the playlist window.

BTW, without iTunes running concurrently, Audirvana sounds even better.

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 21.22.24.jpg

iTunes copy.jpg

Just to show the difference iTunes vs. A+

And YES I know the difference is in the artist name, BUT if I have to correct EVERY artist name of my 35.000 albums that´s just to much time consuming guys ... I also know that the Doug scripts can do some magic, BUT I already have Doug working overtime on this one, working maybe 3-4 nights in a row (Doug scripts, not me!) and still way to many missing albums / names /artwork... Two weeks I have spent now, not finished yet. What can I do to suceed and not spending more tasteless time on this A+ subject? Best Regards Mit freundlichen Grüssen KnockKnock ��

A+.pdf

A+.jpg

A+Photo.jpg

have you set "View Options" so that "Album Artist" (not "Artist"!) is the criteria with top priority?

that should solve, at least, the issue in your screenshot ;)

Music_Macmini.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I realize tagging can be a chore, especially with classical music and depending on how OCD you are, but in my experience it's worthwhile to put one's metadata house in order.

In your position, I'd do whatever you can do using Doug's Scripts, then follow through with software that's good at batch tagging. I use Yate (OS X only) for this kind of thing, but there are other capable choices available.

Alternatively, you can just throw in the towel, switch to Roon, bitch to the Roon guys whenever you notice a tagging anomaly, and just sit back and wait for them to fix it. (I'm a Roon subscriber, but I do most of my listening in A+ because I much prefer the SQ I get with the latter.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

have you set "View Options" so that "Album Artist" (not "Artist"!) is the criteria with top priority?

that should solve, at least, the issue in your screenshot ;)

+1. The way I browse, I find it's always better to go by "Album Artist" than by "Artist" … and I've taken steps to ensure that I maintain consistency in the contents of the Album Artist field.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21895[/ATTACH]

Just to show the difference iTunes vs. A+

And YES I know the difference is in the artist name, BUT if I have to correct EVERY artist name of my 35.000 albums that´s just to much time consuming guys ... I also know that the Doug scripts can do some magic, BUT I already have Doug working overtime on this one, working maybe 3-4 nights in a row (Doug scripts, not me!) and still way to many missing albums / names /artwork... Two weeks I have spent now, not finished yet. What can I do to suceed and not spending more tasteless time on this A+ subject? Best Regards Mit freundlichen Grüssen KnockKnock ��

Judging by the Album Artist tag on right-hand side of Audirvana, it looks like you used the "Artist to Album Artist" script on a Various Artists album by mistake. If so, you can repair it by multi-selecting all 10 of these albums then change Album Artist to "Various Artists".

ShotiTunes.jpg

Yes, I can repair that, but I have to "un-repair" lots of albums, just tagged with Dougs Artist to Artist Name script.... This is it, I am over and out (again) bcs of A+´s strange behavior.

I´d LOVE to like A+, but I am not using more time on this subject. You guys all have been very, very helpfull, and thanks a lot!

I just want A+ to do the same as iTunes and Roon does, see my screenshots from the same album; same artwork but definitely NOT the same user experience. It´s ONE album, with different artists. iTunes and Roon can show the correct information, why can't A+ do the trick?

Maybe Damien from A+ should join forces with the Roonies? His awesome SQ together with Roon fantastic way to SHOW what´s going on, now THAT could be GREAT! As said: I am out again, I´d hoped that A+ had been catching up since the last year (when I had the same troubles). And YES, to repeat myself: I know that I can manually edit every one of my 3000+ albums - I just dont wanna use more weeks tagging and typing, while I could be enjoying music instead. Yes, I know it can be fun to do some spring cleaning of my library, but after maybe 8-10 albums the fun is not... fun anymore.

Take care KnockKnock

ShotRoon.jpg

ShotA+.jpg

think of it this way: since iTunes does *not* do proper tagging but, on the other way, has no issue with files properly tagged using other apps... why would you make yourself forever dependant on iTunes?

I know it's big pain but... start using a good and proper tagging app and free yourself from iTunes ;)

what the day your favourite app "divorces" from iTunes or Apple makes it impossible for other apps to read iTunes' database?

headphones system:

I'll try once more - could someone help me please?

I've sorted all my (half a GB) music in iTunes, now installed Audirvana and am very much considering buying it due to its amazing sound, only I'd like to solve my syncing issues first:

I've done a folders sync as recommended and right after did an iTunes sync (with iTunes being switched off), several times already, and always when the syncing is finished Audirvana tells me that some files have artwork in iTunes but not in Audirvana and asks me if I want to include that artwork in the meta data of the files. I always 'select all' and hit 'yes' but it never has an effect - in Audirvana those albums still don't have a cover. I consider it way too much work to manually drop a cover on all these albums... what can I do?

Please help!

I'll try once more - could someone help me please?

Please help!

i get the same. As much as I love Audirvana the interface on the stand alone version is like stepping back 20 years. If there was some way of having Qobuz integration and using iTunes I'd go back to the iTunes integrated version.

i get the same. As much as I love Audirvana the interface on the stand alone version is like stepping back 20 years. If there was some way of having Qobuz integration and using iTunes I'd go back to the iTunes integrated version.

Thanks for replying!!

Oh boy, well, dragging and dropping for a considerable part of the library then? I'd really rather not.

It's a shame that Audirvana sees the problem, offers a solution, and then doesn't deliver it.

Hm, maybe I'll just wait for until they fix this until I actually buy it.

Thanks!

I'd ask this on Audirvana's support forum, but despite several tries, have never been approved.

The latest version of Audirvana will create a music library from whatever folders you add to it. Most of my music is in one large folder.

Audirvana will recognize cue sheets automatically. You can't tell it not to. Loading music folders with cue sheets causes issues within Audirvana in a lot of cases. Missing tracks, multiple copies of certain albums, etc. I've tried to check/edit some of these cue sheets with XLD and haven't noticed what's causing the problems. And you can't edit cue sheets within Audirvana.

I don't want to duplicate my music folders/files and omit cue sheets...it'll take up too much space, plus will be an enormous PITA to do. I don't want to painstakingly add individual music folders (this sort of defeats the very purpose of Audirvana's ability to sync an entire large folder/folders).

Are there any Audirvana users out there with the same problem? Have you figured out an easy solution? Is there a better way to edit cue sheets on OSX than XLD?

i had troubleS also with many .cue with A+ like problems with .iso too.

I have trashed all my faulty .cue ... i just putted them in XLD and transcode to separate .flac... no more problems,

same thing with .iso file, i've put them in ''iso 2 dsd'' soft to have separate .dff files

took me a bit of time like repairing covers not showing in A+, but now all is done for the rest of my life... :-)

was worth it to get rid of itunes either.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I don't want to duplicate my music folders/files and omit cue sheets...it'll take up too much space, plus will be an enormous PITA to do. I don't want to painstakingly add individual music folders (this sort of defeats the very purpose of Audirvana's ability to sync an entire large folder/folders).

Are there any Audirvana users out there with the same problem? Have you figured out an easy solution? Is there a better way to edit cue sheets on OSX than XLD?

Not sure what you're trying to achieve - do you want A+ to ignore the cue sheets and just add music based on the file's metadata?