IGNORED

New J River Id

Sonos does about $500 million a year. Apple's Airplay devices are probably several times that.

(grin) Since the definition applies to every iPhone, iPad, ATV, and Airplay enabled device out there, I strongly suspect your thinking is right there. ;)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...

I am very interested in this device and am in the process of placing an order.

Has anyone bought an Id on here?

Feedback would be appreciated!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I can't go for the Id because my DAC mfr does not offer support for linux.

I was really keen on going for it but this is a deal breaker for me.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I can't go for the Id because my DAC mfr does not offer support for linux.

I was really keen on going for it but this is a deal breaker for me.

Most DACs are standard UAC2 devices now, which means that they should be driverless on Linux and Macs.

If they support Macs without requiring a driver, then they should also support Linux.

Ask your manufacturer if they will loan us one to test. If it doesn't have its own drivers, it should work.

Thanks again Jim. But my DAC will not work without drivers as per the manufacturer.

If we were Stateside he probably would have taken up your offer.

Most DACs are standard UAC2 devices now, which means that they should be driverless on Linux and Macs.

If they support Macs without requiring a driver, then they should also support Linux.

That is interesting! No luck for me though ...

My DAC requires drivers for Mac and Windows.

• 1 month later...

This may be a naive question, but can I use this as a bridge between my Synology and a Devialet unit?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

If the Synology runs a DLNA or UPnP Server, the Id will be a compatible Renderer. You would probably use a phone running a DLNA Controller to start playback.

I don't know Devialet, but I'm guessing it's a USB DAC.

Thank you. I would use JRemote, if I purchased your unit. Yes, the Devialet has a DAC with a USB connection onboard.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I couldn't say. The specs are here:

Id - JRiverWiki

Thanks. I am tempted to get one and compare it to my Cyrus Stream X2. If it doesn't work out, I have another use for it. There is something to be said about small.

It may seem unfair to compare it to the much more expensive renderers BUT those often do some sort of radio play/streaming, WiFi, etc. AND none of them make it easy to use JRiver (which I am quite fond of)

• 2 months later...
Our operators are standing by.

OK....I sprung for one of these.

Background : I'm just beginning with CA.....only Itunes till recently ...and I'm brand new to JR MC.

Tired of shuffling discs and albums....

It took a little time, but it wasn't too hard to get the ID working wired and wireless, accessing a host PC.

Took a little more time to get it passing native dsd to a Teac UD-501 dac, but pretty easy once I understood.

I must say I'm very pleased with JR MC, the ID, and the remote android app Gizmo.

Mark

• 1 month later...