IGNORED

Pure Music 2

Ale, I have problems with the manual and I'm an English speaker. I feel for you.

I would mirror what the others said about less is more. Slight increment in transparency to my ears and a bit smoother. Why not try it and see how you like it?

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

Ale, I have problems with the manual and I'm an English speaker.

+1

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

That is what I thought also. With Hog mode and memory playback the interaction with iTunes would have no sonic impact.

But the difference is very easy to hear. Less is More is more better. Very clear, normal iTunes integration has a muffled sound. But only by comparison. I thought it was great until trying LiM.

Tried Less Is More ...

I must say, listening to great, unfortunately I will cause "crash" in iTunes (stop track changes track). I have OS Maveriks

Ale, I have problems with the manual and I'm an English speaker. I feel for you.

I would mirror what the others said about less is more. Slight increment in transparency to my ears and a bit smoother. Why not try it and see how you like it?

thank you for your solidarity... ;-)

I ended yesterday's English-Italian translation of the entire manual, not at all simple ...

thank you for your solidarity... ;-)

I ended yesterday's English-Italian translation of the entire manual, not at all simple ...

i find the PM set up byzantine. So many different screens. But the player makes beautiful tunes...

Happy listening!

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

hi i bought PM last year based only on the option of 'playthrough mode' so i could 'improve' SQ from streaming MOG(r.i.p.) the demo worked fine then the purchased version had annoying periodic hisses/crackles/pops-version 2.0 then 2.02 didn't change that and wasn't any better with my transferred MOG playlists to BM(an apt acronym for Beats Music) and was LESS annoying with HIFI Qobuz but still there-when i contacted th 'mothership' i was told it was the 'clocking' with my newest version schiit audio gungnir DAC-Jason Stoddard said 'hogwash'.

with amarra v3.0 and their sQ app i have absolutely NO distortion when listening to streaming music from either Qobuz or BM and i think the SQ is immensely better with Amarra both for streaming content and my ripped cd's in aiff(i use USB out from newest version of mac mini i7/16gb RAM-Mountain Lion Google Chrome to gungnir to my avr)

anyone else have this problem with PM?? thanks bobbmd

No upgrades anywhere for me. I just installed the demo version of PM2 and gave a listen compared to my old version 1.89G R3. PM2 sounds a bit more vivid and enjoyable (musical) to me. I also gave PM2 a cursory comparison to Amarra, Fidelia, Audirvana+, Decibel, Bit Perfect, etc. This is the first time I felt Pure Music was a standout from the crowd, Amarra having been my preference prior to this. Of course it could all be my imagination, but I will be buying the upgrade.

Yes I am inclined along the same lines. Pure Music 2 is musically satisfying. Very natural sounding, excellent in conveying phrasing and musical intent. My current favourite. Playthrough Mode is excellent with Qobuz. Gets away from that Core Audio sound, which standing alone sounds good, but Pure Music Playthrough Mode brings a more musical dimension to it.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 4 weeks later...
Yes I am inclined along the same lines. Pure Music 2 is musically satisfying. Very natural sounding, excellent in conveying phrasing and musical intent. My current favourite. Playthrough Mode is excellent with Qobuz. Gets away from that Core Audio sound, which standing alone sounds good, but Pure Music Playthrough Mode brings a more musical dimension to it.

Kind of shocking, how much better Playthrough Mode sounds on my Mytek! iTunes integration sounds soft and wooly in comparison.

Tone with Soul