IGNORED

HQ Player

3 hours ago, proulxarts said:

Weird thing, I use iPad HQPlayer Client as a remote control and HQPlayer Windows desktop plays to NAA.

I get sound coming from the iPad as well as from the NAA. Is this normal?

It’s normal to hear play coming from the iPad.  @Miska did this as a solution to keep it from sleeping.   I assume this is what you are referring to?

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, NAA 5.0.0 image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Placette Balanced Passive Linestage, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

@Miska : with this :
https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-ai-kit?mc_cid=6ae044be79&mc_eid=3ebf1b2ccc

(The AI module is a 13 tera-operations per second (TOPS) neural network inference accelerator built around the Hailo-8L chip. ..).

Is it possible to boost a PI5 and turn it into a real box capable of DSD 256 (or even DSD512) to drive a Holo dac in the most efficient way? 

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

On 5/31/2024 at 8:08 PM, Miska said:

In most cases 24 bits is correct. What do you use for the digital connection? For any S/PDIF or AES/EBU it must be set to 24 bits. And it's been some time since I last dealt with Devialet, but IIRC the DAC chip used there is 24-bit input.

I use AES/EBU, so 24-bits it is. Thanks a million!

On 5/20/2024 at 4:04 PM, PhMZ4 said:

@Nay In this case, ask Antelope which FW version the Amanero Combo384 should have to be fed with native DSD directly.

IMHO, it seems you have not the correct Amanero FW installed.

it should be this one:

https://www.amanero.com/drivers/setupuac2.exe

The update procedure is easy:

switch your DI24 on and click on the rear USB erase button (next to the FPGA flash port) for 5 sec.

switch your DI 24 off and click again on this button for 5 sec.

Then connect the DI24 to your PC via USB cable and launch the Amanero tool

leave Combo384 when asked

flash the FW, wait 10s and then flash the CPU as well

shut down the DI24 and unplug it from your PC

then turn it on again when connected to Antelope EX and all should work in native DSD…

You were correct. After installing the Amanero Linux firmware on the DI-24HE there were no issues getting DSD256 and DSD512 from I2S output of DI-24HE into Laiv Dac I2S using HQPLayer.

Thought I would put this out there should anyone have the same issue I was having.

8 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

new hqplayer desktop release. I thought choice of 2 or 4 pipeline would be included?

Ahh, I guess I forgot that part while working on cloud things.

But it only affects RAM usage a bit, so it is rather minor. Mostly matters for RPi5 and such that have really limited amount of RAM available.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Well hell, messing with too many knobs at once 😵‍💫

Not sure what's happened, but HQP CPU usage is through the roof with 5.7.2 and downgrading doesn't seem to help now. I used to happily run PCM 384 sinc-long at 48% cpu on 10700K and now it stutters badly and runs 72% cpu. Downgraded to 5.7.1 and no difference. Full uninstall and reinstall of 5.7.2 and same issue.

Not sure it's HQP but that's what's changed today. Anyone else seeing weird behavior?

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

new version to update when adding a DAC … 

...or changing sittings for an existing DAC. Personally, I don't like when my software is changing itself in auto mode via "cloud" without even asking my OK prior to modification.

I'd prefer perform such updates in more traditional manner - download DAC-specific settings and apply them in convenient time.

Hello @Miska

i am using a Violectric DHA v590 DAC which uses a ESS 9026 Pro Chipset. Which Shaper would you recommend for PCM Upsampling (384Khz)? As far as i understand Gauss1 or TPDF is recommended especially for Delta Sigma based DACs?

Thanks for you help :-)

Best

Dominik

10 hours ago, DomiJi said:

i am using a Violectric DHA v590 DAC which uses a ESS 9026 Pro Chipset. Which Shaper would you recommend for PCM Upsampling (384Khz)? As far as i understand Gauss1 or TPDF is recommended especially for Delta Sigma based DACs?

Either TPDF or Gauss1 is fine.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@Miska Been away 2 months, updating to the latest Roon+HQ Dektop on Windows, the Holo May+Red combo was working pretty darn well with AMSDM7EC 512+fs DSD1024 x48 before, now 1024 didn't work at all except on AHM7EC5L, is this because of the DAC Correction? Any way to disable that (all default settings under matrix tab)?