IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, Luca72c said:

Obviously it can't grant full access to all Qobuz functionalities (being a third party player), but that's not a problem as i can do my more complicated searches on Qobuz app and then move to hqp clent for max quality reproduction.

Practically all functionality offered by Qobuz API is implemented. Regarding searches, there's the generic string search, artist search, album search and track search. And for local library also favorite search. Auto-play is there as well as "radio" based on the given content. Plus there's the genre filter available where Qobuz supports it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

42 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

If you can't change, learn to get used to it. Can the album view list of HQplayer Client be arranged alphabetically by artist for local music libraries? It would be best to include sorting by album release date! This would be a better choice! thanks

I can look into different sorting options for local library. For streaming services, they want to control the sorting.

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

我可以研究本地图书馆的不同排序选项。对于流媒体服务,他们希望控制排序。

I am looking forward to it very much because for the local music library, all my music albums have been edited with labels, album artists, and album release dates and years. Basically, I only need to arrange them in the order of album artist+album release years, and album artists can also arrange them by first letter. This way, I can quickly locate which year the artist I want to release the album to listen to. Imagine, in the album view table, All the albums of artists can be arranged in an orderly manner from the first album to the latest album, what a beautiful scene. Instead of feeling a bit messy like a random distribution.

9 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

charging a rpi4 at 5v2a through connecting it to anyone of the rpi4 usb 3.0 port so it frees up the rpi4 usb c port for otg use?

I think such a things could work:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/403800417731
https://www.amazon.ca/GELRHONR-Splitter-Charging-Connector-VideoTransfer/dp/B0BZ8DFFNP

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/394977858191
https://www.pishop.ca/product/poe-splitter-with-microusb-plug-isolated-12w-5v-2-4-amp/

If some 3D print service appears near you:
Without case: https://www.pishop.ca/product/usb-c-pwr-splitter/
Case: https://www.printables.com/model/71952-usb-c-splitter-case

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

All of them hissing when i use amdsm @1024

But for example with dsd7 256+fs there is no problem @48x1024.

And there is something magical with dsd1024. Mid section of the music opening just like endlessly.

Because of this 1024 indispensable for me :) 

BTW Denafrips don't have any shortcoming with 48k.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 16.00.24.png

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 16.11.52.jpeg

29 minutes ago, merterxx said:

With Denafrips Pontus 12th and Amsdm7 512+fs / EC, i'm getting background noise (continual hiss) @dsd1024.

Other modulators and @dsd512 doesn't have this problem. 

What could be the cause?

Noise aliasing due to the way Denafrips has implemented DSD support. Use only the regular modulators, preferably EC ones. Not the 512+fs ones or similar, and not AMSDM.

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Denafrips'in DSD desteğini uygulama şekli nedeniyle gürültü örtüşmesi. Yalnızca normal modülatörleri, tercihen EC modülatörlerini kullanın. 512+fs veya benzeri olanlar veya AM SDM değil .

Thanks, EC modulators very greedy for system sources as you know. :)

With dsd512 i can use every combination but as i said, with 1024 there is something magical. 

I've 12900 cpu and i don't have Cuda possibilities :( Because of this i will stick to dsd1024 (with asdm7, dsd7 256+fs)

Really really different league compared to 512. At least that's the case for denafrips Pontus 12th.

5 minutes ago, merterxx said:

Thanks, EC modulators very greedy for system sources as you know. :)

With dsd512 i can use every combination but as i said, with 1024 there is something magical. 

I've 12900 cpu and i don't have Cuda possibilities :( Because of this i will stick to dsd1024 (with asdm7, dsd7 256+fs)

Really really different league compared to 512. At least that's the case for denafrips Pontus 12th.

You could try setting E-cores to "filter" and use ASDM7EC-light or ASDM7EC-ul and see if it works. Or ASDM5EC-light or ASDM5EC-ul. If you cannot use these, you can also go with plain ASDM7.

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

是的,当然!人们有不同的偏好,不同的前端适合这些不同的偏好。这就是为什么我喜欢将播放 GUI 与播放器服务器分开的原因之一。

Separation is not a problem, and the GUI also needs to take care of the users of the local music library. Although the streaming media service platform is very complete now, for those who like nostalgic music, the audio source for capturing physical records is more abundant. I am still looking forward to your optimization of the sorting for the next version, and the best Android version can also be optimized together. This way, there is really no need for other applications. I only need three to manage the playback of the local music library, HQPDcontrol Android version, HQplayer desktop version, HQplayer client.

I have done a lot of tag editing on the local music library in order to better classify and play, but so far, these tag functions have not been implemented on Android and computer platforms. So I am eagerly anticipating it········

Album artist first letter+album release date sorting

The Android version improves the style tag sorting, instead of going back to the artist category after entering the style tag classification.

For example, if I change the Genre tags of all Chinese SACD albums to Chinese SACD, then when I open this tag classification, all Chinese SACD albums will be displayed instead of other Genre tag classified albums. The current Android version is not working, but when I open this tag, the artist's name will be displayed. When I enter an artist's name, all albums of this artist will be displayed, Not only are there Chinese SACD, but there are also others, which are no longer differentiated by Genre. It's back to categorizing by artist.

If the Android application is not maintained by you, I also hope you can help me convey my feedback. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

If the Android application is not maintained by you, I also hope you can help me convey my feedback. Thank you.

No, the HQPDcontrol is not my software. But instead developed by HQPlayer user @Ales Prochazka.

HQPlayer Client is mine, currently available for same platforms as HQPlayer Desktop. Plus on iPadOS.

7 hours ago, bogi said:

With the first two options I am now unsure. The one star reviews show that with PD charging (charger connected into female port) the second female port does not work in data mode. It works as data port if charging mode is not used. Powering Rpi is not PD charging, but I am unsure how it would work.

But the last 3 options from my post seem to be safe. Two of them are directly intended for RPi. They are cheap about $10.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, bogi said:

With the first two options I am now unsure. The one star reviews show that with PD charging (charger connected into female port) the second female port does not work in data mode. It works as data port if charging mode is not used. Powering Rpi is not PD charging, but I am unsure how it would work.

I have two of the TP-Link USB hubs I linked. We (if you read the Roon forum thread) have pretty much confirmed that for proper power feed (to avoid RPi lightning symbol), one needs to use powered USB hub with 12V PSU. The ones with 5V PSU have too much voltage drop.

For example my i9-9900KS PC cannot provide sufficient current from it's USB3 ports. RPi4 begins giving lightning symbols. So you have a risk of a reboot loop.

20 minutes ago, Miska said:

I have two of the TP-Link USB hubs I linked. We (if you read the Roon forum thread) have pretty much confirmed that for proper power feed (to avoid RPi lightning symbol), one needs to use powered USB hub with 12V PSU. The ones with 5V PSU have too much voltage drop.

For example my i9-9900KS PC cannot provide sufficient current from it's USB3 ports. RPi4 begins giving lightning symbols. So you have a risk of a reboot loop.

Actually it was never an issue for me -

Rapsberry pi 4 or 5 running a upnp renderer and a media server, usb A out to usb c of a second Raspberry pi 4 as input NAA. The NAA is just drawing power from the first Raspberry pi 4 or 5 (I have also tried previously with a laptop or a n100 mini pc)

7 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Actually it was never an issue for me -

Rapsberry pi 4 or 5 running a upnp renderer and a media server, usb A out to usb c of a second Raspberry pi 4 as input NAA. The NAA is just drawing power from the first Raspberry pi 4 or 5 (I have also tried previously with a laptop or a n100 mini pc)

At the beginning it is good to check with monitor attached to the input NAA and see if it's flashing the lightning symbol in top right corner of the display while booting up or during operation. If it doesn't, you are good. Lightning symbol is warning sign from RPi that the PSU voltage is sagging. It depends on how the USB power feed and current limiting is implemented in the hardware supplying power.

6 minutes ago, bogi said:

I see the POE way as too much complicated and also relatively expensive after I looked to it more in detail.

I listed it because I know number of people using that approach. For me it takes only PoE hat for Pi, since I already have PoE switch that already powers things like WiFi access points and security cameras...

One important thing to note about PoE though is that it breaks the isolation U/UTP cabling otherwise provides. For input NAA side it is not an issue though.

26 minutes ago, Miska said:

At the beginning it is good to check with monitor attached to the input NAA and see if it's flashing the lightning symbol in top right corner of the display while booting up or during operation. If it doesn't, you are good. Lightning symbol is warning sign from RPi that the PSU voltage is sagging. It depends on how the USB power feed and current limiting is implemented in the hardware supplying power.

Actually what do you mean by a reboot loop and how will that impact the sound?

I can attach a monitor to see whether a warning light appeared but it’s been playing flawlessly for months now …

but also when you attach a monitor to it, the potentially the monitor is drawing the power causing the sag..??

1 hour ago, bogi said:

I see the POE way as too much complicated and also relatively expensive after I looked to it more in detail.

The simplest thing then looks this one:
Without case: https://www.pishop.ca/product/usb-c-pwr-splitter/
Case: https://www.printables.com/model/71952-usb-c-splitter-case

Okay actually I have the lightning signal. (Not flashing just solid lightning signal) Funny it’s been playing music flawlessly tho.

looks like I will give this splitter a try then 

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Update: if I use rpi5 as the source device connected to a rpi4 input NAA = lightning symbol

Rpi4 as the source device connected to a rpi4 input NAA = no lightning symbol

My mini N100 pc as the source device connected to a rpi4 input NAA = no lightning symbol 

seems like rpi5 is the issue here!!

Update I turned off any oc settings on the rpi5, lightning symbol flashed in boot up but once boot up finished I kept playing songs and no more lightning symbols

Nope, rpi 5 keep getting issues with undervoltage detected then voltage normalized…