IGNORED

HQ Player

10 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

Even if I reset to 1V42 and restart HQP, I still cannot find A26

1.jpg.e3967fe390410fdbf7f43eca75427132.jpg

Looks more like A26 and HQP are in different subnets. 

Are you able to connect HQP Client from the other pc or tablet to look if it sees the Server? 

15 hours ago, Miska said:

I have not tested, but I have tested that 48k x512 doesn't work properly. Too many issues with the USB implementation once again. Maybe over time the RPi5 USB stack will become more useful.

Thanks a lot. I'll stick to my intel box..

43 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

Even if I reset to 1V42 and restart HQP, I still cannot find A26

If you have a spare ethernet switch, you could try to connect both hqp and A26 to that same switch (connected to the dhcp server device) 

11 minutes ago, Luca72c said:

If you have a spare ethernet switch, you could try to connect both hqp and A26 to that same switch (connected to the dhcp server device) 

I moved A26 to the side of the optical modem and directly plugged the A26 network cable into the output network port of the optical modem. The other output network port of the optical modem is my room computer, and there is no extra connection, but HQP still cannot find A26. The WIFI router next to it can be ignored because I plugged the network cable connecting it into A26.

And I can see the A26 bridge device in my computer network.

1.jpg

2.jpg.1886a9b95df1d3ae89f786dae52c7c17.jpg

I can only wait for the next HQP version to optimize the NAA network connection and try again. I have reason to suspect that there is a bug in HQP's NAA network connection program. Anyway, I don't know how to connect correctly now. I ordered A26 as soon as it was launched for pre-sale, and it has been over a year since it was launched. However, the first test of HQP NAA ended in failure. I feel a bit disappointed. I don't know whose problem it is. Personally, I don't think there is any problem with my network environment. I have also flashed the bridge firmware back and forth, so it shouldn't be a firmware issue. As for whether there is a problem with the HQP NAA connection program, I don't know.

As a fairly new HQPlayer user I have a basic question about the settings tabs. I’m currently upsampling everything to DSD256 for my Holo Audio May KTE DAC. Under this situation are any settings under the PCM tab involved in the process or do I just need to concern myself with the SDM tab settings? I’ve noticed that the Roon Signal Path shows the same filters/settings for any resolution from 16/44.1 to DSD64.

3 hours ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I moved A26 to the side of the optical modem and directly plugged the A26 network cable into the output network port of the optical modem. The other output network port of the optical modem is my room computer, and there is no extra connection, but HQP still cannot find A26. The WIFI router next to it can be ignored because I plugged the network cable connecting it into A26.

And I can see the A26 bridge device in my computer network.

Ok, that's not what i suggested to do. I once had a similar experience: HQP PC and NAA both directly connected to my modem/router (DHCP server), the HQP PC was unable to see the NAA, no matter what i tried. A friend suggested to directly connect ONLY a switch to the router, than to connect both HQP PC and NAA ONLY to the switch. I did that and it worked perfectly.

I don't know if yours can be the same case (i actually don't understand clearly where your DHCP server is), but if you have a spare ethernet switch (or you can borrow one), why not try this free trick? If it works, you can purchase a better gigabit switch with flow control and good reliability... If it doesn't work, it's just another failed attempt

3 hours ago, Luca72c said:

好吧,这不是我建议做的。我曾经有过类似的经历:HQP PC 和 NAA 都直接连接到我的调制解调器/路由器(DHCP 服务器),无论我尝试什么,HQP PC 都无法看到 NAA。一位朋友建议仅将交换机直接连接到路由器,而不是将 HQP PC 和 NAA 仅连接到交换机。我做到了,而且效果很好。

我不知道你的是否也是这种情况(我实际上不太清楚你的DHCP服务器在哪里),但是如果你有一个备用的以太网交换机(或者你可以借一个),为什么不试试这个免费的技巧呢?如果可行,您可以购买更好的千兆交换机,具有流量控制和良好的可靠性......如果它不起作用,那只是又一次失败的尝试

NAA requires a network switch to use? My PC and A26 network cables are both plugged into the optical modem port for fiber optic access to the home. The black device on the top left wall in the picture is the optical modem, and the operator's fiber optic network is connected to this device, ensuring that they are on the same network. My PC and A26 are not connected to a WIFI router, and the WIFI router is only used for mobile devices such as phones. I don't have a network switch, I can't find it, and I don't want to buy it. My main use is PC>USB>U18>IIS>A26>headphone amplifier. I just wanted to try the NAA of A26 on a whim because I have a pair of speakers in the living room.

1.thumb.jpg.fbfa66f8b9b712b00c2c9161abb48945.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 12:02 AM, Jud said:

Well, you know about upmpdcli, and choosing output is possible through the config file. If you would want to change output on the fly, that's a bit of a hassle as you'd need to make a quick change to the config file and restart upmpdcli. But if you want to just set it and forget it, that will work fine.

My second attempt and finally getting upmpdcli with mpd front end to work.

Thanks for recommending this and save me $70usd from getting jriver for rpi!! 

i always use jriver windows for movies but not wishing to spend more on additional license

cheers.

4 hours ago, Zauurx said:

@woshifeng3627你能检查 A26 的 IP 吗?和你的HQplayer服务器PC的IP?(dhcp服务器在哪里?

和 PC 上的非 UPNP 服务器(内置 Win 功能)。

I am now using WIFI to connect to the router on my PC, and A26 is connected to the router through a network cable, but the problem still persists. The HQ desktop version still cannot find the A26 device, and the device IP can be seen!

A26IP.jpg.ef90924936ee5e8f187bae264d8fe2d5.jpg

PCIP.png.4a026f07d3b60964be1cb08e72f5adf5.png

3 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Gustard A26(和 R26)渲染器上有三个服务:

• UPNP公司
  • 罗恩
  • HQPlayer服务器NAA

它们独立运行,不幸的是,在您的情况下,NAA服务似乎没有运行......您可以尝试使用不同的/新的 microSD 卡吗?也许它已部分损坏

Do you mean I need to disassemble the machine, replace it with a new memory card, and flash the bridge firmware again?

12 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

是的

If there is a problem with the memory card? So I can't flash the bridge firmware either. Now that I can successfully flash in the bridge firmware, it indicates that the memory card in A26 should be fine. If there is a problem with the memory card, the bridge function cannot be turned on properly, which means that other bridge protocols cannot be used. The problem you mentioned probably cannot be resolved. As for whether there are any other issues, I don't know what kind of network environment is needed for the NAA function to function properly. Let's leave it to the future A26 to release new bridge firmware. It may also be an issue with the HQ desktop version 5.5.1, and we'll wait for the next update before we can discuss it. I don't want to dismantle it now because I mainly focus on USB output.

13 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

@woshifeng3627 Maybe suspend the device host on the pc to prevent gmediarender from locking access in UPNP (?)

I didn't understand your meaning because I translated it through browsing, and it's possible that the translation was not accurate. I can't watch the pictures or videos you uploaded either.

3 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

It may also be an issue with the HQ desktop version 5.5.1, and we'll wait for the next update

HQP Desktop 5.5.1 works fine with NAA 5.0.0 and NAA 4.x too … it’s not a HQPlayer issue, these is something wrong in your Gustard or in your network

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

HQP Desktop 5.5.1 也适用于 NAA 5.0.0 和 NAA 4.x ...这不是 HQPlayer 的问题,这些是你的 Gustard 或你的网络中的问题

I'm not sure where the problem lies. Let's wait for the new A26 bridge firmware, and I've also reported the problem to Gustar's boss. He hasn't given a response regarding this issue yet!

29 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I'm not sure where the problem lies. Let's wait for the new A26 bridge firmware, and I've also reported the problem to Gustar's boss. He hasn't given a response regarding this issue yet!

Do you have a spare usb stick? You could download HQPlayer embedded and then boot from that stick. Just to check if HQPe can see the A26's NAA. Outside the Windows universum.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

19 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

你有备用的U盘吗?您可以下载嵌入的 HQPlayer,然后从该棒启动。只是为了检查 HQPe 是否可以看到 A26 的 NAA。在 Windows universum 之外。

I don't know how to install HQPlayer embedded, and I don't want to do it anymore because I mainly use USB output. I just wanted to play the NAA bridge of A26 on a whim, and I will try again when I have the chance. The founder of Gustard also replied to my question. The bridge function of A26 is not limited to NAA, and even if NAA has a problem, it will be fixed by flashing the bridge firmware. So currently, it seems that there is only a problem with the HQ desktop version or my WIN11 system. I will try again when the next HQ desktop version update is available. I really don't want to tinker anymore because every time I have to move A26, it's too tiring. There are still many wires that need to be reinserted.