IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

Daniel, thank's a lot for the heads up!

bughead is next on my list to be tested and checked in comparison to MQn who is absolutely amazing in the actual KS versions.

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

hi geoff

i use bughead now about 2 months and i never saw the RAW-file Output Option,sorry!

and since few Versions:64 bit only+ asio support only.

with fooobar i was also upsampling/converting on the fly to dsd128(limit of my fostex),but then i changed to bughead.

bughead don't support PCM to DSD,thats why i use now my Workstation for converting/upsampling. filprocessing with saracon-weiss and korgaudio.

gives realy great Sound!

daniel

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

hi geoff

i use bughead now about 2 months and i never saw the RAW-file Output Option,sorry!

and since few Versions:64 bit only+ asio support only.

with fooobar i was also upsampling/converting on the fly to dsd128(limit of my fostex),but then i changed to bughead.

bughead don't support PCM to DSD,thats why i use now my Workstation for converting/upsampling. filprocessing with saracon-weiss and korgaudio.

gives realy great Sound!

daniel

Hi daniel,

Thanks, I'm always interested in the approaches others are taking.

If the developer can speak English I'll try to encourage him to participate here.

geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Only managed to run Bug Head Green through WINE on Mac OS X. That's the open source version, slightly buggy when it comes to drag n drop (but after all this is through WINE), but incredibly detailed and transparent.

You can hear people shifting in their seats and the ambience of the room before some songs start.

It sounds better than my old Audirvana.

This is rather incredible.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Is anybody using Bug Head + JPLAY? I posted on the JPLAY forum but it has not gathered much attention so far.

When I try to play a DSD file, the program crashes. PCM files have no problem with JPLAY.

Yes, I used Bug Head to JPLAY feeding a Metrum Hex dac via Kernel streaming from JPLAY, with a good result. For some reason this only worked with Bug Head set to 'Normal' mode. Playback just refused to happen if I first attempted to up-sample in Bug Head.

Normal mode to JPLAY gave very good results; but I can't really compare without JPLAY through this system, because Bug Head required an ASIO driver, which isn't available for the HiFace/Metrum Hex connection. JPLAY was the only way I could get Bug Head to play to the Metrum Hex. Although, I could probably have equally well used J River's ASIO driver or foo_asio.

Hope it helps,

geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

I cannot get Bug Head Green to output sound anymore. Not sure what changed. I checked the WINE configuration and set Audio output back to the iFi, but no luck.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I start my journey with BHE. I am very intrigued about it. I hope this weekend to get some results. I pretend to install it within w2k12r2+jplay. Currently I am using this solution with AO v1.30 in core mode. I assume I should prevously change to gui version and even reset AO tweaks???

I want to test VHD as well but maybe 8GB is not enough for all stuff....hard work to do... :)))

Thank you very much guys for sharing this amazing info.

Best,

JM

The difference is described in the manual (p.30) in Japanese only.

In "Bug Head Emperor", 0.2ms delay is inserted in Windows event processing to cause a tiny jitter intentionally, as the USB-DACs tuned by f2k or other "high-end" music players have tendency to depress the bass. The author advises to use "Bug Head Emperor", in case a listener feels a lack of bass with "Infinity Blade".

I pretend to install it within w2k12r2+jplay. Currently I am using this solution with AO v1.30 in core mode. I assume I should prevously change to gui version and even reset AO tweaks???

I want to test VHD as well...

Hi JM,

go for it in Core, it is working in my environment fully optimized. Only WMI is not switched off as I need it for Acourate online convolving.

Via VHD booted in RAM it is working as well but with less of its possibilities as my VHD is 10GB and so there is only 6GB RAM left for BHE.

Enjoy

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

it's bughead 4.20!

after install, you get 4 new desktop Icons:2 x bughead and 2 x infinity blade.

shpongle

Managed to get Bug Head Green to play consistently on WINE. Since I have bottled the app, I start WINE first then check the configuration to see or set the Audio to the iFi iDSD Nano, and test it.

After that I can launch BHG and choose WASAPI and play songs.

Thought I would be able to test BHE a couple of days ago as I got my hand on an old DELL with XP, but hard luck, it's 32-bit only and BHE is 64-bit only now.

hi YashN

on the bughead download site ,you can find a32 bit Version.it's in the "Release older Versions" Folder.

shpongle

Woohoo! Thanks Shpongle. Downloading.

hi YashN

on the bughead download site ,you can find a32 bit Version.it's in the "Release older Versions" Folder.

shpongle

Won't work as I have only 1Gig of RAM. Guess the Audiophile Gods are telling me to catch some sleep now.

Hi guys!

I have playing around with it but I am not sure about what I am actually doing.

I have installed in w2k12r2 in core mode along with AO v1.3 and JPLAY v5.2.1. When I start IB_HQ, the setup box appears showing the Auralic asio driver and the Jplay driver. Both drivers work well and playback is flawless. If I use auralic asio, all upsampling methods (x1-x8) can be selected and play well after processing time. For example, Black8x8 took around 3minutes but later on it played perfectly. On the other hand, If I choose jplay driver, only x1 methods can be applied, but they work well, e.g. Black15x1...

These configs are used standard mode, professional mode cannot be selected. I assume this option is not shown because of my 8GB limitation.

What I don´t understand is the zTune and DIMM optimzation in setup panel. I have noticed that different memory allocations result depending on upsampling and memory options. In manual, zTune is supposed to be effective at 2861MB ram usage but I get:

Normal: 1128MB (zTune ON) / 433 (zTune OFF)

Basic: 1543 / 569

x1 Only: 1128 / 433

Upsampling : 2789 / 1382 --> This is the only one that seems to match...

These values do not vary from Auralic or JPLAY driver selection. However, all this setups work well, excepting x2,x4 and x8 in JPLAY.... :(((( I don´t if these values are ok or not.

Additionally, I don´t understand the DIMM configuration nor its behind idea. I think it is related to data/music space allocation but not sure... In the youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqo8UFTl10) Mr. Hiroyuki configures the DIMM parameter as (2GB,2GB,2GB,2GB) in a (0,4GB,0,4GB) physical machine. In fact, my provisional laptop (my audiopcs are in maintenance :(....) is (4GB,4GB,0,0) and I am using the same parameter value (2GB,2GB,2GB,2GB). But don´t understand what am I doing....

I have used google translator with the manual with no luck, results are very poor and I am not able to follow it. I am working on it as an s.XIX egyptian archaeologist... The vast majority of options remain unknown.... I can share "the translation", I repeat again, """""the translation""""" if anyone interested

About SQ, my impressions so far are that NOS modes combined to JPLAY get very good results, similar to x8 in asio config. General sensation is more accuracy and stage coherence, strong sound. I have only tested for a couple of hours, so i still don´t get a clear idea.

May be you guys can share your last findings arround this I suspect very good player.

Best,

JM

• 3 months later...
Has anyone compared this to JplayMini / JplayStreamer? Love to hear the comments.

BTW how about posting the manual and any translations here. Someone will be able to help.

I have compared Bughead with some other programs in Windows 8.1 X64 enviroment Jriver, Jplay and none of the other programs sound as good as this one Jriver, Jplay, foobar etc.

To me the only negative part about that is the interface, but that is one of the reasons that makes it sound superior.

And the version late version 4.66 is even better, realy realy amazing.

greetings

MAJOR update: ver.4.68

"Command Line" mode in "Secret Menu" is added. Mr. Yokota says the memory requirement of at least 16GB (32GB recommended) is no more valid in "Command Line" mode, and 4GB memory performs the same level as 32GB in the conventional mode.

To those who have given up using Bug Head Emperor/Infinity Blade due to the poor PC capablility (like me), it is high time to try this again.

< Command LIne mode >

Set up and make a playlist as usual.

Go to "Secret Menu" by pressing the blank area right next to "LPF free" button on the top.

Highlight "Command Line", and exit "Secret Menu".

Press "Play" as usual. Another 2 seconds after the usual playback pre-process is needed before the player interface disappears.

When the playlist is over, the program terminates automatically.

To stop playback before the end of the playlist, kill the process from Task Manager.

<to newcomers>

http://1drv.ms/1nBAKyD

After intallation, you get the manual and four different programs.

The most part of the manual is in Japanese only.

The difference between "Bug Head Emperor" and "Infinity Blade" is that small jitter is added intentionally in "Bug Head Emperor" for DACs that are tuned based on reference music players (music player software) with lots of jitter (such as foobar2000, Mr. Yokota writes).

The "SQ" stands for "super quality", the details of which are not described in the manual.