IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

Does it support standard .m3u/.m3u8 playlists?

If so, can I ask the command line version to open an .m3u8 playlist with an OS command?

Thanks

It seems that "Command Line" of this player is not identical with the conventional concept as is used in command prompt, for example. I do not use .m3u. You can simply try. It is a freeware.

It seems that "Command Line" of this player is not identical with the conventional concept as is used in command prompt, for example. I do not use .m3u. You can simply try. It is a freeware.

I must contact the developer and request this. If anyone here speaks Japanese perhaps they could help me?

geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Shoutcast.com Internet Radio with Bug Head Emperor

The author posted a method how to play Shoutcast.com Internet radio in his Facebook. I despise lossy compressed audio and have no mp3 files in my music library, but am afraid I may change my mind after listening this radio sound.

(1) Go to Home and check if the streaming can be received without interruption in your environment.

(2) Click the download icon of your choice, select "M3U" and save it on your PC.

(3) Start Bug Head Emperor/Infinity Blade, go to "Secret Mode" (see my post #49) and highlight "Command Line".

(4) Go back to the main window, click "files" at the bottom, select file extention ".m3u" to add the saved .m3u file to the playlist.

(5) Press "PLAY", and after 7 minutes (or less, depending on your environment) playback starts and the main window disappears.

(6) To stop playback, the only method is to kill the process from Task Manager.

Shoutcast.com Internet Radio with Bug Head Emperor

The author posted a method how to play Shoutcast.com Internet radio in his Facebook. I despise lossy compressed audio and have no mp3 files in my music library, but am afraid I may change my mind after listening this radio sound.

(1) Go to Home and check if the streaming can be received without interruption in your environment.

(2) Click the download icon of your choice, select "M3U" and save it on your PC.

(3) Start Bug Head Emperor/Infinity Blade, go to "Secret Mode" (see my post #49) and highlight "Command Line".

(4) Go back to the main window, click "files" at the bottom, select file extention ".m3u" to add the saved .m3u file to the playlist.

(5) Press "PLAY", and after 7 minutes (or less, depending on your environment) playback starts and the main window disappears.

(6) To stop playback, the only method is to kill the process from Task Manager.

Thanks for this. I also despise lossy compressed audio. Can he also support .flac streaming within the same .m3u playlists?

.m3u playlists don't have to contain .mp3 audio files. They can contain any audio format.

The can also be used to list files on the local hard drive.

Thanks again for your help.

geoff

(Att.: forum administrator: If the following is inappropriate, please delete this post.)

How to make your donation to Mr. Yokota

Mr. Yokota, the author of Bug Head Emperor / Infinity Blade, welcomes your donation.

As PayPal does not accept personal money transfer to any bank account in Japan, I talked with Mr. Yokota and found the Gift Card of Amazon.co.jp would be the most feasible.

(1) Go to Amazon.co.jp | ’Ê”Ì - ƒtƒ@ƒbƒVƒ‡ƒ“A‰Æ“d‚©‚çH•i‚܂Ły’ʏí”z‘—–³—¿z

(2) Click "In English" in the second line from the top.

(3) Create your account. Even if you already have an account at Amazon.com, Amazon.de, etc., it cannot be used. Credit cards issued outside Japan can be registered. An address registration outside Japan is no problem. (Amazon.co.jp customer service confirmed.)

(4) Purchase Gift Card.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004N3APGO/gcrnsts?ie=UTF8&qid=1429703919&ref_=lp_3131877051_1_1&s=gift-cards&sr=1-1

Mr. Yokota's E-mail address: [email protected] (page 56 in the manual: this page number may change for later versions)

Please tell Mr. Yokota that I will be very happy to make a generous donation if he would add the following support:

Support for .flac streaming so that the lossless streaming services, Qobuz and Tidal could be played through Bug Head Emperor

Support to allow http urls from Qobuz and Tidal to be added to playlist files (formats .m3u and .m3u8) and allow these to be opened and the lossless streams played through Bug Head Emperor, as for example can be done with Foobar2000 today.

He is already supporting the playback of Shoutcast streams by first creating .m3u playlists. These are all lossy and compressed. Since Mr. Yokota obviously cares about the best sound quality it doesn't make sense to support the playback of lossy .mp3 streams from playlists; but not the high quality lossless streams from Qobuz and Tidal.

Support for adding any file from the users hard drives or ssd drives to .m3u/.m3u8 playlists so these could be opened by Bug Head Emperor and playback commence automatically as with the Qobuz and Tidal steams above.

In my opinion this would make Bug Head Emperor a more valuable investment for Computer Audiophiles

geoff

Support for .flac streaming so that the lossless streaming services, Qobuz and Tidal could be played through Bug Head Emperor

Support to allow http urls from Qobuz and Tidal to be added to playlist files (formats .m3u and .m3u8) and allow these to be opened and the lossless streams played through Bug Head Emperor, as for example can be done with Foobar2000 today.

For streaming, Mr. Yokota says he will be unable to implement, as he is unfamiliar with network technology.

For .m3u and .m3u8 other than Shoutcast.com, if you could provide him with full data of examples in all variations (such as via sending a burned DVD-R or uploading to OneDrive), he may be able to start an investigation, which was also the case as he implemented Shoutcast.com .m3u. Originally, Mr. Yokota developed "Net Radio Orya" for SHOUTcast, ICEcast, WMA and WMV in 2008, probably before he started developing a high-end PC music player.

Please, Mr. Yokota do not demolish your excellent software and do not add any streaming features at all.

I think you might have missed the point John. It already supports streaming; but it's .mp3 streaming from shoutcast radio. I think Qobuz and Tidal streaming support would be better options and could be done without "demolishing" this excellent sounding player.

geoff

I just came across this and want to try it out.

How are people controlling BHE remotely? Remote Desktop? I guess I could run a monitor and Bluetooth keyboard to my CAPS Zuma

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'd also like to know how anyone is controlling a player like Bughead Emperor or HQ Player remotely? What app are they using for? Also, is there DSD upconversion available for Bughead? If so, how does it compare to HQP?

Infinity Blade (Bug Head Emperor) thread in JPLAY forum (which I started) is much more active than here.

Infinity Blade HQ (Bug Head Emperor) worth trying - Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

There is no conversion from PCM to DSD. DSD can be played both in DSD native and DoP. DSD to PCM conversion exists as well.

Concerning remote control of Bug Head Emperor, it seems that using Remote Desktop app is the only solution at the moment. Its author Mr. Yokota says he is unfamiliar with network technology, which means it is unlikely that any remote control feature using network will be implemented.

If only Mr Yokota would support standard m3u playlist files and automatically start playback of those files when opened with Bughead by the OS.

With that in place I could support it with my Kodi solution. This would allow remote control from any device.

Native DSD files sound very good through Bughead and I can support these too.

Geoff

I'm very surprised that more people don't seem to be trying this program. Even in Basic mode, playing 44.1 FLACs, I hear about four times the information I do with HQ Player. Digitized analog recordings sound like master tapes. It's quite astonishing. I feel like I got a new system for free.

I'm very surprised that more people don't seem to be trying this program. Even in Basic mode, playing 44.1 FLACs, I hear about four times the information I do with HQ Player. Digitized analog recordings sound like master tapes. It's quite astonishing. I feel like I got a new system for free.

Agreed. I'm new to this forum but have been actively using JRiver 20, Jplay 6, HQ Player and Infinity Blade (Bughead) for a while now. Infinity Blade SQ thru JPLay is my default for FLAC. I use HQ Player when I want to upsample from PCM to DSD. JRiver comes up in the rear but for casual listening the wealth of features and ease of use is nice. It's kind of hard to describe but Infinity Blade just gives me a greater emotional connection to the music. The others seem a bit clinical in comparison.

Only downside to Bughead is lack of good english documentation/manual since developer is Japanese. Heck, I'd pitch in a few bucks to kickstarter to have a nice English translation done. Highly recommended - especially for the cost (Free).

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

gldgate, there's a new version out, 4.80, if you haven't seen it.

I'd chip in for an English manual, too. :-)

Yes, I downloaded 4.8 earlier today. The guy is a code freak. Can barely keep up with his revs. He seems to be putting in more user features which is welcome. 4.8 seems solid on my machine and it sounded as good as ever. I will likely get the guy a small amzn gift card to show my appreciation. I hope the guy is getting some laurels in Japan.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Yes, I downloaded 4.8 earlier today.

Where did you download it from??

The author's page oryaaaaa . world . coocan . jp seems to be blocked by facebook and when I run it, I am becoming

[h=2]403 Forbidden[/h]

このページへのアクセスは禁止されています。以下の状況が考えられます。

• このページへのアクセス権がない
  • index.htmなど、インデックスページのないディレクトリへアクセスしている

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
I'm very surprised that more people don't seem to be trying this program.

The first pre-requisite is the ability to download it ...

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500