IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5.12

Musicophile

Any chance of getting streaming audio support in 2.0 so I can play something like Qobuz with Audirvana Plus? I never cared about having such a feature before the advent of redbook quality streaming, but now it really seems to make sense. Damian?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Any chance of getting streaming audio support in 2.0 so I can play something like Qobuz with Audirvana Plus? I never cared about having such a feature before the advent of redbook quality streaming, but now it really seems to make sense. Damian?

It's not Damian, not Fabian. It's Damien, like The Omen.

In doubt, think of the evil you are doing instead of letting him work on his code :P

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I have always been the purist going for FLAC and running them through Audirvana + directly, however, recently I started using Sony's Music Unlimited and now Spotify (recently got the code for it in Canada). I have to say that the quality is actually quite decent. I have everything at my tips and I can try new stuff right away without having to download or audition it at youtube or other sites.

I would really appreciate if these streams could be routed through Audirvana at some point.

Power: Torus (main) + Teradak (network)

Source: Bryston BDP-1 w/ Roon

DAC: Dangerous Source (Teradak 12V13A) + Emotiva DC-1

Amp: Amphion Amp100 + Marantz PM6004

Speakers: Amphion One15 + Mackie HR 824 Mk1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2C + Denon AH-D2000 + HD 598 + KRK KNS 8400

Just a musical note: Lee Harvey Osmond - Big Chief (album The Folk Sinner). Really LOVE this song.

"I wanna dance through the flowers on the grass. Yes, I'm going to dance away the war with you".

And it's excellent recorded as well.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Just purchased 1.5.x about 20 minutes ago. Looking forward to the library feature and can't wait to upgrade. I so want to disconnect from iTunes for my ripped and purchased hires files.

You can already do that with the existing playlist mode although things should be much more advanced in v2 with actual library management.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Will 2.0 have the same sound quality as the current 1.5.10 / 1.5.12 players?

I just tried Amarra 3.0 today and for the first time it actually sounded really nice and it didn't crash once. Ugly UI but sounds great. Still haven't figured out which I liked better.

Will 2.0 have the same sound quality as the current 1.5.10 / 1.5.12 players?

I haven't done any proper A/B but to my ears 2.0 sounds even slighty better than the latest 1.5 versions. Very transparent. I believe the player is very happy not having to interact with ITunes for playback any more.

But then again, I may not be the best source here, as I never heard (or didn't care enough) the great differences between 1.5.x versions that were heavily debated here. And I'm pretty sure we'll get the same debates again the moment 2.0 is released.

I haven't done any proper A/B but to my ears 2.0 sounds even slighty better than the latest 1.5 versions. Very transparent. I believe the player is very happy not having to interact with ITunes for playback any more.

But then again, I may not be the best source here, as I never heard (or didn't care enough) the great differences between 1.5.x versions that were heavily debated here. And I'm pretty sure we'll get the same debates again the moment 2.0 is released.

That's nice. Can you tell more about the library management, e.g. will it be enough for example to have your aiff files somewhere on the hard disk and the library automatically linking to them (like JRMC) without the need to move or copy them to a specific folder (like iTunes)?

That's nice. Can you tell more about the library management, e.g. will it be enough for example to have your aiff files somewhere on the hard disk and the library automatically linking to them (like JRMC) without the need to move or copy them to a specific folder (like iTunes)?

I don't want to steal all of Damien's thunder when he launches this hopefully very soon, so I don't want to give too many details. But to your question, yes, that works.

I don't want to steal all of Damien's thunder when he launches this hopefully very soon, so I don't want to give too many details. But to your question, yes, that works.

Thanks. Now that you mentioned launching, how will we know it's finally out? Announcement here, or version 2.0 will appear on the Audirvana site, or?

iTunes does not require files to be in a specific folder. You must uncheck "Copy..." in the advanced prefs obviously.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I'm not sure about this one. Every time you add an album to the iTunes library the files are copied to: Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music, isn't it?

No, that is incorrect. But as I said you must uncheck the "Copy..." setting.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

No, that is incorrect. But as I said you must uncheck the "Copy..." setting.

OK. I stand corrected. Anyway, iTunes will soon be irrelevant. Although, yesterday I was thinking about not having an app, other than iTunes, which lets me burn audio CDs at 1x speed. Tried Burn for Elton John gapless live, forced me to 10x - ended up with errors.

I have gone back and forth between 1.5.10 and 1.5.12 and there seems to be a subtle difference, whereas Amarra 3.0 sounded significantly different, and perhaps better. I was just curious as to if the difference was subtle or quite noticeable, so thanks for clearing that up.

Also, what kind of optimization features are on 2.0? I ran Amarra 3.0 yesterday and it had like 10 things it could disable for playback. Not sure how much this makes a difference in 2.0?

OK. I stand corrected. Anyway, iTunes will soon be irrelevant. Although, yesterday I was thinking about not having an app, other than iTunes, which lets me burn audio CDs at 1x speed. Tried Burn for Elton John gapless live, forced me to 10x - ended up with errors.

XLD will let you rip faster than 1x and do error checking. iTunes allows error checking also; don't know how fast it rips. Have never had a ripping error with XLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

XLD will let you rip faster than 1x and do error checking. iTunes allows error checking also; don't know how fast it rips. Have never had a ripping error with XLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not about ripping, it's about burning (making) various audio CDs without errors. I use XLD for ripping too.

iTunes will still be on your computer when Audirvana 2.0 is installed, therefore you'll still be able to use iTunes for burning CDs at 1x speed.

Whoops, sorry - should pay closer attention, you did say "burn."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I have gone back and forth between 1.5.10 and 1.5.12 and there seems to be a subtle difference, whereas Amarra 3.0 sounded significantly different, and perhaps better. I was just curious as to if the difference was subtle or quite noticeable, so thanks for clearing that up.

Also, what kind of optimization features are on 2.0? I ran Amarra 3.0 yesterday and it had like 10 things it could disable for playback. Not sure how much this makes a difference in 2.0?

Audirvana's playback engine is unchanged to my understanding. And I agree, the differences between A+ and Amarra are bigger then between A+ versions! including 2.0 in my opinion.

With regards to system optimization, A+ has had a full set of optimizations already embedded, way before Amarra. This includes spotlight disabling, hog mode, memory play, etc.

Audirvana's playback engine is unchanged to my understanding. And I agree, the differences between A+ and Amarra are bigger then between A+ versions! including 2.0 in my opinion.

With regards to system optimization, A+ has had a full set of optimizations already embedded, way before Amarra. This includes spotlight disabling, hog mode, memory play, etc.

It's going to be tough having to pick between a stable library system in Audirvana vs. the better sounding Amarra 3.0.

Also, answering my own question from before when I was looking for streaming options with Audirvana, Amarra SQ works wonders for streaming. Sony's Music Unlimited for $4.99 a month on mac and ps3 + Amarra SQ is all I need for music streaming. Rest is native FLAC playlist mode in Amarra.

I really hope Audirvana 2.0 will sound better. I have wanted a native library system for a long, long time.