IGNORED

sacd_extract DSF output problem

psme

Yes, 5.1...that is important info. ;) Audiogate does not handle anything but 2 channel.

I have thousands of SACDs ripped, and all are fine playing gapless and DSF. Dark Side on right now....not sure where you are getting your data.

... The files play fine in Foobar but the problem is I can't add tags, which means I can't have the files added to my auto-playlists ...

I am using Foobar too, and I don't have a problem here with tagging DFF files.

As stated in the "ripping thread", it might be that other software-players will not recognize the tags inside the DFF files (tagged with Foobar), but as long as you stay with Foobar, that shouldn't bother you too much ...

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

I am using Foobar too, and I don't have a problem here with tagging DFF files.

As stated in the "ripping thread", it might be that other software-players will not recognize the tags inside the DFF files (tagged with Foobar), but as long as you stay with Foobar, that shouldn't bother you too much ...

OK I tried again and it seems that DFF tag writing is just a bit dodgy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I did manage to update the tags I wanted and they're now appearing in my auto-playlists, thanks.

Use a player such as JRiver which can store the metadata in its own database.

No thanks.

DragonQ,

yes, it IS sometimes a bit dodgy, but thats the price we pay for it ... ;-)

I would also recommend not to use the latest version of Foobar (1.3.3), as it seems to have problems with reading the (quite large) DFF files.

It takes much more time to get these recognized by/in Foobar, whilst version 1.3.2 does it as fast as it is importing/reading *.wav or *.flac files ...

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

• 2 weeks later...

not really the freshest news, but in case anyone missed, there is this new sw for Mac (Trax) which --according to the developer-- performs ISO to DSF extraction without producing any of the problems reported in this tread. More info here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/index86.html#post341678.

I haven't tried it myself yet, and would greatly appreciate to know if it performs as advertised in case anyone else here already has...

thanks!

not really the freshest news, but in case anyone missed, there is this new sw for Mac (Trax) which --according to the developer-- performs ISO to DSF extraction without producing any of the problems reported in this tread. More info here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/index86.html#post341678.

I haven't tried it myself yet, and would greatly appreciate to know if it performs as advertised in case anyone else here already has...

thanks!

Well, based on my very limited testing using both DFF and DSF converting the ISO of Breakfast In America, tracks 1 and 2 were fine, but track 3 had the same loud click at the start of the track in both formats. I tested the output files using both Audirvana + 1.5.12 and also the latest Onkyo HF Player on my iPad. DACs used were the Geek Out 1000 and Resonessence Labs Herus respectively and the headphones used were Sennheiser Momentum over ears.

It looks to be a great app and when time permits I will discuss with the developer as it would be sensational if this issue could be sorted.

Sorry the news isn't better. Maybe others have tried it and had better experiences?

Have you tried the free trial yourself? If not I would recommend doing so.

Cheers,

kramnotwen

Well, based on my very limited testing using both DFF and DSF converting the ISO of Breakfast In America, tracks 1 and 2 were fine, but track 3 had the same loud click at the start of the track in both formats. I tested the output files using both Audirvana + 1.5.12 and also the latest Onkyo HF Player on my iPad. DACs used were the Geek Out 1000 and Resonessence Labs Herus respectively and the headphones used were Sennheiser Momentum over ears.

It looks to be a great app and when time permits I will discuss with the developer as it would be sensational if this issue could be sorted.

Sorry the news isn't better. Maybe others have tried it and had better experiences?

Have you tried the free trial yourself? If not I would recommend doing so.

Cheers,

kramnotwen

I bought Trax and have been using it successfully to extract dsf files from ISO Images. Easy to use and the extracted files play fine from Audirvana.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't heard any 'clicks' from the DSF files I extracted from the SACD iso images (Using TRAX for MacOS). They've all sounded pretty clean. The extractions are quick and easy. A much better user experience than using the two mentioned utilities. And no command line entries!

I use Bogi's ISO 2DSF utility, which does not require a command line entry either (or any entry for that matter). You just right click in Windows Explorer and pick ISO2DSF. Voila, the workflow is ISO to DFF to DSF, all the while keeping the tags from the ISO table of contents and putting them in the resultant DSF files.

I've been using TraX successfully and don't hear any clicks from my DSF files. So far I've converted about 250 (or so) ISO files to DSF. I really like having a UI to modify metadata, which is why I paid for it in the first place.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

I've been using TraX successfully and don't hear any clicks from my DSF files. So far I've converted about 250 (or so) ISO files to DSF. I really like having a UI to modify metadata, which is why I paid for it in the first place.

gsquared,

Are you convert iso with gapless stuff (concerts, operas, ...)?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 8 months later...
I am I reading the changelog correctly that the just-released sacd_extract 0.3.8 solves the problem noted at the top of this thread?

Wow, nice find. Gotta assume yes, but want to test it first.

I bought Trax and have been using it successfully to extract dsf files from ISO Images. Easy to use and the extracted files play fine from Audirvana.

I have switched back to Pure Music from A+. If the converted file will load into RAM I should be good.

The price is not a big deal. For low volume software this is a bargain.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a lot of testing using foobar and Exasound E20.

I always get clicks with both dff and dsf even with the new sacd_extract v3.8 and also if using Bogi's iso 2 dff 2 dsf tool.

The only completely silent transition between tracks is if I play directly from the iso.

I have put my faith in the foobar tagging of iso's and in the event of future changes the tags can be so easily copied in foobar to be added/pasted to any dsf album if I ever wanted to do that. I also have the advantage of not doing the very time and processor consuming conversion to dff or dsf. For foobar users it's a no brainer to play directly from the iso's.

I also up sample everything to DSD 256 particularly wonderful for playing back Redbook.

Clicks not only conversion software matter, but playback software/hardware too.

Click problem solved in complex:

1. With right software conversion

2. Audio player gapless ability

Also we can convert album without clicks. But if played back separate files from album there may be clicks again. More details here (I collected and collect further most ISO conversion click reasons and ways eliminating) How convert ISO to DSF WAV FLAC AIFF without clicks. User manual

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

I haven't heard any 'clicks' from the DSF files I extracted from the SACD iso images (Using TRAX for MacOS). They've all sounded pretty clean. The extractions are quick and easy. A much better user experience than using the two mentioned utilities. And no command line entries!

I downloaded Trax and it works as advertised. Convert files, click and drop into PM Playlist, and away you go. BUT, I have been attempting to purchase a license. The website ordering is corrupted. I have notified them, they first replied it is my computer, then there was a problem, later problem fixed. But I still have not been able to order.

This is 180 degrees from normal, software seems to work fine, cannot pay for it. Usually the ordering end gets more focus, the software less. First time I cannot pay for software.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I downloaded Trax and it works as advertised. Convert files, click and drop into PM Playlist, and away you go. BUT, I have been attempting to purchase a license. The website ordering is corrupted. I have notified them, they first replied it is my computer, then there was a problem, later problem fixed. But I still have not been able to order.

This is 180 degrees from normal, software seems to work fine, cannot pay for it. Usually the ordering end gets more focus, the software less. First time I cannot pay for software.

How does Trax handle transition between gapless tracks, like a symphony or a King Crimson epic.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

How does Trax handle transition between gapless tracks, like a symphony or a King Crimson epic.

From limited use it seems fine. The Iso files is continuous conversion of an entire album. I will convert a couple tonight.

Hi One and a half,

Gapless mode (for these albums) need provide for resampling DSD and ISO/DSD to PCM.

It need check via spectrum-time diagramm of bit-to-bit merged neghbour files.

If gapless provided - no noise splash (bright line cross all frequency range) at border of tracks.

Oscillogramm not always show burst of phase singnal at the border. Only enough strong clicks.

Now I work under new algorithm of processing borders of files that have non-zero livels at borders.

It is actual for playing back these files separately from album.

I.e. without this processing if compose V.A. album from same albums, at borders of tracks can be clicks (due level difference).

New algorithm of border processing minimize transient between tracks from different albums. I hope it will almost invisible (I will wait feedback).

New release appear in closest time.

Best regards,

Yuri

Applied new algorithm of border track porcessing in AuI ConverteR 48x44 for seamless conection neighbour tracks even from different albums.

It released via Smooth DC mode. New form smoothing function allow do it gentle than was before.

DC biased audio content conversion (smooth DC)