IGNORED

sacd_extract DSF output problem

psme

20 hours ago, repulogepszerelo said:

My questions is: what's the use and reason to set it to 0?

Pauses=0 means pauses between tracks are not included.

As a result the dsf files will have the corect duration in time as stated on the cover of album (to reflect the correct playing time of tracks specified in Tracklist found on disc).

All the audioframes that has the timecode outside the interval [tracklist_time_start_track, tracklist_time_start_track + track_duration] will be discarded.

There are some discs that don't follow this rule.  So setting pauses=1 can rip all the audioframes it exists on that disc.

Can you tell us what is title of the album?

3 hours ago, EugenF said:

Pauses=0 means pauses between tracks are not included.

As a result the dsf files will have the corect duration in time as stated on the cover of album (to reflect the correct playing time of tracks specified in Tracklist found on disc).

All the audioframes that has the timecode outside the interval [tracklist_time_start_track, tracklist_time_start_track + track_duration] will be discarded.

There are some discs that don't follow this rule.  So setting pauses=1 can rip all the audioframes it exists on that disc.

Can you tell us what is title of the album?

It's the same with any album. As I open the original dsd.iso and the separate dff files of the same album, the track lenghts match now. The suggests that now I have the exact copy of the original album without clicks as a benefit.

23 hours ago, repulogepszerelo said:

The suggests that now I have the exact copy of the original album without clicks as a benefit.

Thanks for sharing this info. I am happy you solved the pops/crackles.

If I understand correctly: you use dff format not dsf format.

Dff files can be created with DST decompression option ON of OFF. What option did you used?

7 hours ago, EugenF said:

Thanks for sharing this info. I am happy you solved the pops/crackles.

If I understand correctly: you use dff format not dsf format.

Dff files can be created with DST decompression option ON of OFF. What option did you used?

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I can't find the DST decompression option.

iso2dsf.png

• 1 month later...

A new build of enhanced client sacd_extract-0.3.9.3-88 has been uploaded on github:

https://github.com/EuFlo/sacd-ripper/releases

Changelog:

- added long path support (>260 chars) only for Windows7/8/10 platforms;

- minor changes to Performer option (if Performer asked to be inserted in filename but didn't exists on disc Album Artist or Disc Artist is used instead. 'unknown performer' is used as a last resort);

- minor bug fixed of wrong variables assignation (from original fork). When these metadata are present on SACD: area_description, area copyright, area description_phonetic or area copyright_phonetic, all are incorrectly assigned to the same variable area.description.