IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Phil,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Keith

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

True, there seems to be no lacking in positive feedback!

And I s'pose with all these people, they cant ALL be hearing an improvement only because they WANT to hear an improvement.

Im not trying to be pessimistic, but maybe my ears simple just suck! lol

True, there seems to be no lacking in positive feedback!

And I s'pose with all these people, they cant ALL be hearing an improvement only because they WANT to hear an improvement.

Im not trying to be pessimistic, but maybe my ears simple just suck! lol

Wait, are you saying you've tried AO and did not hear an improvement?!

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

No...have not tried AO.

I was earlier refrencing posts about sonic improvements by going from Win7/8 to Server 2012

Understood. When I listen to WS2012 without AO now, it sounds really bad to me. Bad, as in I want to turn it off. As does Win 7/8.

I appreciate that it's hard to imagine that there could be such a difference, but for me & many others, there is. You have definitely not yet heard what we have been raving about.

WuNgUn, I just thought of a completely ridiculous analogy. I'm cracking myself up. Try to imagine you hadn't heard of air conditioning... (LOL) and I was trying to convince you that it was really A LOT better to have it, but you hadn't experienced it and it didn't fit into your frame of reference that such a thing could be. Silly, I know.

With the AO, I'm not talking about the modest improvements that you get with most audio tweaks. I'm talking about moving up several levels at once. As though you'd invested a lot more money into your system.

I hope you find out for yourself one day.

The possible gains in sound quality are not absolute, they vary from system to system. Additionaly there are always environmental conditions one has to deal with, and those conditions change on a regular basis. Dirty power is such an example, can you rember you asking yourself why your system does not sound as good as it did last night? There you go, changing environmental conditions. Then you have the components one uses, pc, ddc, dac, cables, amp, quality of source files, how gifted was the recording engineer etc. On top of that not everybodys physical hearing capabilities are on the same level, nor how "trained" the hearing is at all. All this comes together and certainly everybody will hear a different degree of what my software does.

But i am very happy it obviously does a good job over all, and depending on each's constellation of above mentioned factors really is able to deliver spectacular and staggering results.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I appreciate the feedback...

And I appreciate youre attitude...youre not all like "buy! Buy! Buy it!"

Is there 100% buy-back guarantee like you mentioned previously? And how would that work after I purchased a fully functioning copy...? Id have it installed...does it run to a license server or something?

Also, the degree of improvement on my system...its used with full GUI, wifi, bluetooth, USB enabled, audio and video and surfing, etc...

With all this left running, will I still be astounded by the improvements?

Hi

It would even work under such horrible circumstances you just described, but i would not hope for a miracle whit such a setup. It's quiet far of the path...

the AudiophileOptimizer is a solution for purist audiophiles, seeking for the very best possible a computer chain can give. It is about reproduction of digital music, it's about making digital music sound so wonderfull so it can connect with your soul. To achieve that glory there need to be some sacrifices. You can't have the all in one machine unfortunately. It would be MUCH smarter to aim for a dual-boot system, giving both needs a home.

the money back guarante version will work like this:

- it will only run on trial/evaluation version of server 2012/R2

- it will have no sonic or functional limitations

- it will use a different algorythm to generate the Hardware-ID for activation,

thatfor it will need a different site for generating the Activation-Key

- you will have only one Activation for this special version

- inside 14 days you could demand a full refund if all above mentioned

aspects are fullfilled

that's the idea of the money-back guarante system, but the needed special version of the Optimizer does not yet exist.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am very intrigued by what I am hearing with Phil's setup. By the way condolences for your loss Phil..

I will be glad to email you directly if this is the wrong place for these questions Phil.

I feel a little over my head but here is what I am running:

Baetis Revolution 1 music server running Window 7 - JRiver MC19. Currently in use.

Mojo Audio Modified Mac Mini running Windows 7- JRiver MC19. Currently not in use.

I can have both of these computers running on the same 2 channel audio/video system. That would give me three operating system with Mac Mini-OSX and Bootcamp Window plus Baetis Revolution running Windows. I actually need to have OSX for a specific software that requires Quicktime.....which I won't put on a PC.

This is a family audio/video system. It is connected to a 55" plasma. We play music flac files from JRiver 19, watch ripped Blu Ray and DVD movies from JRiver, stream Vudu, Netflix and Amazon movies, stream music Pandora and Beats. No video game stuff.

I need a system where my wife can walk in and start JRiver, Pandora or bring up Netflix for the kid without making phone calls to me as to how to get things going. It is easy with the current setup.

Setup is Ps Audio P3 Power Plant>Baetis Revolution Music Server with a Galvanically Isolated and dedicated BNC-SPDIF directly off the motherboard(WASAPI)>Devialet D-Premier> Fibonacci Technologies Vaya! and 2 x JL Audio F112.

Setup has been PS Audio P3 Power Plant>Mojo Audio Mac Mini Windows 7>USB> Devialet D-Premier> same setup.

My questions:

Baetis has a unique setup running the BNC-SPDIF (WASAPI) Isolated and dedicated directly off the motherboard. Is there an issue running Windows Server 2012 with this type modification?

Can I run video using the Windows Server 2012?

I am thinking that I would just keep the Baetis server running the way it is setup.

I could run Windows Server 2012 bootcamped on the Mac Mini and still be able to boot into OSX when I need to.

Thanks for any help or suggestions to get this all clear on my modification path.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

I am saying that I need to have a system that will satisfy the family computer needs and also satisfy my two channel audiophile needs.

I believe with the two computers and bootcamping I can get this done. I am just trying to figure out the best options to achieve this.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

I have switched to the new version and I have to say what a difference on the sound, the holographic effects of 3D realism are great. At first I thought there was just more air around the strings and then I heard better defined bass and then on another CD I heard the same changes in the treble section. This is a great upgrade. Thanks so much. Of course these are small changes but it conveys a lot more realism to the music for me.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

..seeking for distraction this day i downloaded Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials edition ISO from my Microsoft Partner Account. I wanted to have a look at it, how bad it really is and what can be done to make it work for our needs. It has a lot of crap installed, a couple of things vary, etc. Microsoft's information's regarding Essentials and core mode are as inaccurate as those for Foundation Edition. Core mode works like a charm on Essentials edition! It took not too much time to gather a list of all unneeded components and the registry entry which starts the Essentials Wizard after every start until you use it.

The procedure will be like this:

- Install Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition

- Cancel the Essentials Wizard who pops up after the first Login

- Run the ServiceTool and select "Prepare Essentials Edition"

st.png

- ServiceTool will remove all unneeded features and components, change the registry so the wizard will no longer start and reboot your machine in the end.

- Run the AudiophileOptimizer and it will detect Essentials R2 Edition and continue with the known procedure

ao.png

Who want's to beta test Essentials R2? I think Essentials edition is about 50% of the costs of a standard edition.

I am saying that I need to have a system that will satisfy the family computer needs and also satisfy my two channel audiophile needs.

I believe with the two computers and bootcamping I can get this done. I am just trying to figure out the best options to achieve this.

Is a Dual-Boot System an Option for you? You could set the default boot priority to the client OS your wife is used to. The second entry would start server 2012.

I have switched to the new version and I have to say what a difference on the sound, the holographic effects of 3D realism are great. At first I thought there was just more air around the strings and then I heard better defined bass and then on another CD I heard the same changes in the treble section. This is a great upgrade. Thanks so much. Of course these are small changes but it conveys a lot more realism to the music for me.

Glad to hear the new version is doing a good job on your system.

Is a Dual-Boot System an Option for you? You could set the default boot priority to the client OS your wife is used to. The second entry would start server 2012.

Cool, so my question still remains:

Baetis Audio Revolution server has a unique setup running the BNC-SPDIF (WASAPI) Isolated and dedicated directly off the motherboard. Is there an issue running Windows Server 2012 with this type modification?

I got Phil's AO installed on my bootcamped Mac Mini last night. I'm still in GUI mode, and haven't been able to turn off wifi as I can't get my Ethernet connection to retain an IP address.

But even with those less than optimal conditions I'm getting the best, most analog sound that I've had since going to computer based audio! I've stuck with 2D so far (after initially trying 2B).

I typically run Audirvana + on my Mac partition, with the CAD optimization script installed--and it sounds really good. The WS2012 Server & AO, however, make me never want to go back to the Mac partition.

Well done Phil; and $ well spent IMHO.

Randy

I got Phil's AO installed on my bootcamped Mac Mini last night. I'm still in GUI mode, and haven't been able to turn off wifi as I can't get my Ethernet connection to retain an IP address.

But even with those less than optimal conditions I'm getting the best, most analog sound that I've had since going to computer based audio! I've stuck with 2D so far (after initially trying 2B).

I typically run Audirvana + on my Mac partition, with the CAD optimization script installed--and it sounds really good. The WS2012 Server & AO, however, make me never want to go back to the Mac partition.

Well done Phil; and $ well spent IMHO.

Randy

I am thinking about doing the same with my Mac Mini.

Is the ethernet and IP address issue something that is inherent in the Bootcamping with WS2012 or is that just something that you haven't figured out yet?

I am thinking about doing the same with my Mac Mini.

Is the ethernet and IP address issue something that is inherent in the Bootcamping with WS2012 or is that just something that you haven't figured out yet?

I think/hope it is a driver issue or something I just haven't figured out. At one point I got it configured & working; I shut off wifi and all was good. But the next time I rebooted, it wasn't connected and I haven't been able to get it working since.

Phil, first off, sorry to hear about your loss, you and your family have my sincerest condolences.

Audioclyde,

Open up regedit... go to here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces and look at the GUIDs there, one of them should be your wireless adapter. Make sure the IPAddress has the IP you want to use, my guess is that might be missing, if there's no IPAddress in any of the GUIDs (upon reboot) then that's the problem. Create a string value and name it "IPAddress" Then edit it and put in the IP you want to use.

That should do it. If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll help you get it set. I've seen this type of thing happen before on VMs for whatever reason.

I have to agree that I am liking the new 1.24 version. It's definitely just a little bit better than the beta was. So I got no problems with that! ha ha.

What's funny and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this...but I like the sound better with everything disabled and all optimizations performed EXCEPT the remote desktop. I don't stay remoted into my machine, but I do like to access it to update playlists and what not...so it's nice to have. But I did turn it off as I haven't made much changes lately. Then then listened to a bunch of things and thought I did something or something was wrong. Didn't have quite the sparkle I was used to. All I did was use the service tool to reset and ran it again and this time allowed remote desktop and for whatever reason it sounds back to the way I really like the sound from the system. Really odd I think! But I don't sit too much and wonder, nor care... I'll take the perceived benefit that my brain thinks it hears. lol

You mean, in respects to sonic s with regards to minimal processes, services and logs and unneeded drivers comparing the two OS's...?

Other than that, they are pretty much the same kernel...

And if those differences make a huge improvement as most posters here attest, then there is something wrong with my ears.

Personally, I believe I'm an objective listener and appreciator of all music and I carefully and critically observe whenever I listen to a piece or audition other peoples systems.

Im not discounting Phil's hard work or anyone else's personal observations on their own systems while using AO...or different OS's for that matter.

My only wish is to test it on MY system before laying out hard earned cash for it...

I'm with you on this bit as well.

I do believe that many users are hearing the difference.

I also believe that the optimizer is making a difference.

However what I don't know, is will I personally be able to hear the difference.

Excellent post Phil....

This is why I am considering moving from Win8.1 to 2012R2. No new trails to blaze and a bunch of folks already running 2012 to assist. Win8 to 8.1 was a good upgrade (far less resources used), and with 2012 having a trial version available, it is just my time (effort involved) to get it setup to evaluate.

And the cost of AO is well worth it based on feedback here and at other forums - nothing but glowing reviews. The cost is right around what JPlay cost and that was also a great add-on.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and JRiver with a Yoga Pro 2 laptop today. But I do have a spare laptop available. Might be interesting to reformat that one with JRiver, Windows Server 2012 and AO for some testing. Hmm.....