IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Windows can't start this type of file (.jar)

Try to find an app on this computer.

Do you have java installed?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Do you have java installed?

No, but someone told that once I have on Synology NAS, I do not need to install MinimServer on my CAPS. So I see JPLAYStreemer on my iPad Kazoo, but I do not get any sound yet. Do not know why. My set up:

Synology NAS with MinimServer/CAPS with AO, and JPlay 6/PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

I am using Kazoo for control. Thanks.

I've not posted for awhile and just wanted to add my experience to the thread.

Over the last month I've first ditched Jriver for HQPlayer, then updated to Jplay 6 and lastly updated to Phil's latest, beta 9......all winners.

HQPlayer KOs Jriver in SQ, if you can tolerate the UI.

Jplay 6 is a huge upgrade from 5. The timing is very improved giving much better imaging and a more relaxed sound.

AO 1.31b9 caps off the SQ ascension.The transparency and sound stage are incredible. I can now place instruments in a 3D space. I've never experienced anything like this in a 2 speaker system. I changed my digital filters to 1A on both machines (like Alrainbow) and these settings give more bass than the 1b/4D I was using. This 2 PC streamer is really sounding great! :)

Phil, your Optimizer just keeps getting better. Thanks for working so hard to continue to improve this great product.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

You guys are killing me now I must try HQ player . And I own the last j play its just so many settings it's make me dizzy .

Al, the learning curve is not that steep, and once you are used to it the sq is quite good! I am not currently using it with Jplay (exaSound e12 w/ custom ASIO for review), but I am with AO beta. Nice!

You guys are killing me now I must try HQ player . And I own the last j play its just so many settings it's make me dizzy .

Here is a short list of my options:

HQPlayer: 11 filters/ 7 modulators/ 18 pcm rates/ 17 dsd rates/ convert to dsd:yes-no

Jplay: 10 dac links/ 9 buffers/ 3 engines/ hibernate On-off/ throttle on-off Official/Alternate version

Audiophile Optimizer: too many options to name

Of course, there are other things to adjust too! :/

However, if you like playing, it's fun!

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

It does not say it works with win server dose it ???

Yes it works with WS2012. Phil has been working with the the programmer of HQP and it is working great with AO. If I can figure it out, I'm sure you can too.

No, but someone told that once I have on Synology NAS, I do not need to install MinimServer on my CAPS. So I see JPLAYStreemer on my iPad Kazoo, but I do not get any sound yet. Do not know why. My set up:

Synology NAS with MinimServer/CAPS with AO, and JPlay 6/PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

I am using Kazoo for control. Thanks.

And Kazoo sees your Minimserver in the library settings?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Phil, you are quoted on the JPlay forum today to the effect that most AO users operate it in GUI mode and that it is only the sound quality that matters. That leaves open the question of whether most find GUI sounds best or if its choice often has to do with other things like convenience, difficulty running in core mode, etc. Do you hear from most users who can run both modes that GUI sounds better or, at least, no less good? That is not my impression or my impression of what others have reported, but if it is the case then why have/use a core mode?

Phil, you are quoted on the JPlay forum today to the effect that most AO users operate it in GUI mode and that it is only the sound quality that matters. That leaves open the question of whether most find GUI sounds best or if its choice often has to do with other things like convenience, difficulty running in core mode, etc. Do you hear from most users who can run both modes that GUI sounds better or, at least, no less good? That is not my impression or my impression of what others have reported, but if it is the case then why have/use a core mode?

You are misquoting and misunderstanding what was stated. I now prefer GUI over Core mode since using JPLAYStreamer/JPLAY 6. For me, it is sound quality, not the convenience of GUI mode. I used to prefer Core mode with my previous Foobar2000/JPLAY 5.2.1 setup.

The discussion was also about the misunderstanding that AO still exists when using the Service Tool to switch between Core mode and GUI. AO is not turned off like many believe (including myself). Only the necessary services to switch modes are started again. Once AO is installed, it can only be removed or stopped by doing a fresh install of the operating system. Short of that, AO is always running.

That is not my impression or my impression of what others have reported, but if it is the case then why have/use a core mode?

Sorry, but what is your question? ;)

I would tend to disagree that there are most using JPlay with AO in GUI. There have been some reports with JPlay 6 Beta at the beginning of some users testing it that they thought GUI was sounding better. What I was reading later on was, that with better understanding of JPlays new possibilities to use buffer and latency they recognized that there is more to find out about the best own setup and ended up in core again.

Core has less activities and therefor simply less influence possibilities on SQ with other tasks. That makes it a better choice for a timecritical task like playing a music file.

Next you need to understand that GUI with AO is not the normal GUI mode but already strongly improved from AO :)

Try it on your system and don't forget to make use of all possibilities, not only the many JPlay offers but also the different sound and digital signatures of AO. It will depend on your overall hardware setup and don't worry if what sounds best for you is different from other setups ;)

Enjoy listening

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

You are misquoting and misunderstanding what was stated. I now prefer GUI over Core mode since using JPLAYStreamer/JPLAY 6. For me, it is sound quality, not the convenience of GUI mode. I used to prefer Core mode with my previous Foobar2000/JPLAY 5.2.1 setup.

The discussion was also about the misunderstanding that AO still exists when using the Service Tool to switch between Core mode and GUI. AO is not turned off like many believe (including myself). Only the necessary services to switch modes are started again. Once AO is installed, it can only be removed or stopped by doing a fresh install of the operating system. Short of that, AO is always running.

Quote from JPlay forum post: "Yes, it was an email response from Phil. I was asking about issues I had, and Phil made the clarification. He said many people make the same mistake. He also stated that most of his customers use GUI mode with AO. "

I addressed my question to Phil and I made no misquote. I am still hoping to get his answer.

Sorry, but what is your question? ;)

I would tend to disagree that there are most using JPlay with AO in GUI. There have been some reports with JPlay 6 Beta at the beginning of some users testing it that they thought GUI was sounding better. What I was reading later on was, that with better understanding of JPlays new possibilities to use buffer and latency they recognized that there is more to find out about the best own setup and ended up in core again.

Core has less activities and therefor simply less influence possibilities on SQ with other tasks. That makes it a better choice for a timecritical task like playing a music file.

Next you need to understand that GUI with AO is not the normal GUI mode but already strongly improved from AO :)

Try it on your system and don't forget to make use of all possibilities, not only the many JPlay offers but also the different sound and digital signatures of AO. It will depend on your overall hardware setup and don't worry if what sounds best for you is different from other setups ;)

Enjoy listening

Thomas

My question to Phil was whether it is so that he finds most use GUI mode instead of core and if that is do mostly to better sound or other issues, if so. I have tried both GUI and core extensively with JPlay and Foobar and prefer core in all cases. I never suggested I was unfamiliar or needed instruction. Core theoretically should be better for the reasons you state. I was asking about actuality as reported to Phil.

For me there is no real anything for all. It's all subjective to each of us as individuals.

Here is a good thiught to apply to this. Does anyone notice that time of day and mood greatly effect hiw good the stuff sounds. It does , I find night is better and if I wake up from sleep and listen to music to get tired I hear much better. Maybe it's I am fresh.

Lbut eother way to say simple something is better for all that just does not apply. But I do like redomg and Trying others thoughts this is always good

Quote from JPlay forum post: "Yes, it was an email response from Phil. I was asking about issues I had, and Phil made the clarification. He said many people make the same mistake. He also stated that most of his customers use GUI mode with AO. "

I addressed my question to Phil and I made no misquote. I am still hoping to get his answer.

You're post makes it sound like I stated most people use GUI for sound quality reasons. Not true. I was asked, and I answered that * I * switched to GUI due to better sound for my setup. Also know that I'm not alone with my findings, but as AL stated, not all setups will react the same.

Why can't you believe Phil stated most use GUI? He thought 60% or better, and for various reasons. I guess we'll just let Phil answer your question.

You're post makes it sound like I stated most people use GUI for sound quality reasons. Not true. I was asked, and I answered that * I * switched to GUI due to better sound for my setup. Also know that I'm not alone with my findings, but as AL stated, not all setups will react the same.

Why can't you believe Phil stated most use GUI? He thought 60% or better, and for various reasons. I guess we'll just let Phil answer your question.

I am baffled at your reading of what i asked. I know you didn't say that. That is why I asked Phil about what the basis for preferences is. I believe Phil but Phil hasn't said what the basis is as far as he knows. So I thank you that "we'll just let Phil answer" since that is what I asked in the first place.

Phil,

After install the v1.31 b9, the KS doesn't appear in JRiver or JPlay!

I already did a reset, and nothing...

What I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

hi

this is a connection issue, check cabling and connection (assuming you did not forget go install KS & Mediaplayer support in core mode).

best,

phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

Almost everyone who tried core like's it better. But, there can also be "too much" of optimization which will sound harsh and flat in the end. So for some GUI with AO sounds better than core. End the end it's always trial & error.

best,

phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

i don't have exact statistics about who is using what mode. But apperently many more are using AO in GUI than core than one would think, but rather for convenience reasons than because of SQ. The part i am reffereing to never tried core and is just happy with AO in GUI.

as said earlier, there can always be "too much". Using every bell and whistle AO offers doesn't need to sound best. The Art is the find the best combination of settings for each's system.

best,

Phil

The kernel streaming issues is not cabling atleast not for me. It's something not loading or taking a while to appear. It's fine now , but needed a reboot of CPU and dac. I turned the dac off and the entire CPU including batteries . Then I turned on the dac first and then the CPU and it's back. I also thought it was something on the settings. But it's not. Even in gui and no options selected meaning all services are running it did the same to me. What ever it is it happened after the install,of the beta. I also tried the HQ player and this is when I lost the KS . But even after I uninstalled it , its the same. I use the KS as it adds the last of what I need in using the ps audio with its new pike firmware. For me it's perfect best so far. The ks seems to round things a bit. Kind of like PCM is sharp and DSd is more smooth. That is what KS does. I am still,using the 1/A and pp ver2 card.

but at first listen I did not like the beta it seemed to make the tone change taking away the air on top. It did this on three dacs. But after about two hours of sitting running without me , now it's the best yet. Was it my mood before ??? Who knows but it's three days now and it's still great . Just the KS thing still,happens but all,else seems fine. And thanks for continuing the treck for us all. Over the weekend I'll,Try the j play 6.

Al

Al, there is no "issue" around KS. If no device is visible to the system, no KS device is appearing. AO can't be uninstalled as well, no idea what you uninstalled. But certainly not AO.

Don't use the disable Plug & Play feauture (if you did so).

best,

Phil

hi

this is a connection issue, check cabling and connection (assuming you did not forget go install KS & Mediaplayer support in core mode).

best,

phil

I forgot to mention that this was an issue with the cable connected to my DAC...

Thanks ;)