IGNORED

please...I need a good usb cable.

I need a good usb cable to connect my pc by usb 2.0 to the mytek dsd dac.

Budget not more than 100$ and even 50 cm is good.

bye

thanks

Try audioquest carbon you can buy it knew on amazon for about $139 or you can buy a used one for just under a $100. I bought a 1.5cm used for $83.

I forecast that this thread will soon escalate into a ten-page discussion between subjectivists ("you should try this silver cable which comes cheap at just $600 and gives a feeling of air between instruments - I can't listen to any recording with a standard cable anymore") and objectivists ("your Lindy cable is enough and may even be better because of tighter compliance with USB specs").

Nevermind, I am myself using QED and Wireworld Ultraviolet cables and have been pleased with them, but I never tested anything else, so I can't say if they are any better than a standard cable. I bought them because I have no time for experimenting USB cables and wanted to be on the safe side.

FWIW, I compared a handful of UBS cables some time ago and ended up with my Audioquest Forest, which seems like a good starting point to me.

I agree the Forest is a very nice cable that doesn't cost a lot.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I have choosen wireworld starlight usb...any comment?

I bought one (serie 7) two months ago. Probably now about 125-150 hours on it.

At first, I found it bright, thin and lacking bass but with tons of details and resolution. Now, it sounds much better with substantialy more weight to the sound. I really like what I hear BUT in my quest to perfect sound signature for me, I would like to compare the Starlight with two other cable in the same price range. The Chord Silver Plus and the Mapleshade Clearlink Plus. The Chord more specifically, should bring more bass but at the cost of some resolution. Will see in upcoming months.

But meanwhile, I will let the WW Starlight accumulate more hours (not sure if it sound signature will change even if people are saying it needs about 200 hours to stabilize).

Lots of choices here. I was using a WireWorld Ultraviolet, but upgraded to Kimber Kable Silver. The KK seems to deliver a flatter, more balanced response with more detail. Of course, it was nearly 4x the price, so either you get what you pay for, albeit sometimes with diminishing returns, or it's all wishful thinking...

I also use a Wireworld Startlight (red cable)

It is around for some time and is regarded a good cable for it's price. I am sure you can find better (for a higher price) but I never looked back. I run 2 meter length without any problems.

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

• 2 weeks later...
ok...but only usb and coax in my music server...and I need dsd (the reason why I've bought Mytek) for my collection of 1100 sacd ripped...(250 to add in the future...not a lot of time in summer...)

I have been using the Cardas, which is an honest cable, recently acquired a Supra which I like significantly more, and costs significantly less.

HiFi Critic in the UK, as well as HiFi News, have done articles on USB cables. I bought the Supra based on HiFi Critic. The Furutech is another one rated very highly.

I bought one (serie 7) two months ago. Probably now about 125-150 hours on it.

At first, I found it bright, thin and lacking bass but with tons of details and resolution. Now, it sounds much better with substantialy more weight to the sound. I really like what I hear BUT in my quest to perfect sound signature for me, I would like to compare the Starlight with two other cable in the same price range. The Chord Silver Plus and the Mapleshade Clearlink Plus. The Chord more specifically, should bring more bass but at the cost of some resolution. Will see in upcoming months.

But meanwhile, I will let the WW Starlight accumulate more hours (not sure if it sound signature will change even if people are saying it needs about 200 hours to stabilize).

Both HiFi Critic and HiFi News reviewed the Chord. HiFi News raved on the Chord, HiFi Critic liked it but less in comparison to the Furutech, and though the Chord at a longer length, uncoiled, sounded much superior to a shorter length or a coiled length.

Anyone compared the ifi Gemini cable to any of these? Yep, dearer.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Magazine #?

Hi-Fi Critic is a limited availability advert free magazine.

Hi-Fi News & Record Review is a mainstream magazine available (as they say) in all good newsagents (and several not so good ones).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.