IGNORED

Listening chairs. What do you have?

By the way, miguelito, I really should say before letting this thread get further along that I agree with Blake - beautiful system setup and space, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

You be the Jud(ge)! Come over for a listen!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Rosie seems to prefer getting right down on the floor.

(Ever since the new cables arrived, she's moved from a side seat to dead center. And wags her tail for Gershwin. ;-})

Thinking of getting a dog... How do you keep them from chewing on your cables?

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Thinking of getting a dog... How do you keep them from chewing on your cables?

Hi miguelito,

Both my dog and my cat leave the gear alone. (Sometimes the cat likes to jump up on one of the subwoofers.)

Either they just like my music selections (when they don't, they leave the room) or I'm just lucky.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

The Soundkeeper | Audio, Music, Recording, Playback

Barry Diament Audio

What do you guys think of the recommendation that listening chairs shouldn't be higher than shoulder level, as a headreast causes audio reflections around the ears and changes the sound for the worse?

Agreed,

To me, sound is better with shoulder level chair or sofa.

Gallo Ref 3.5 < Velodyne DD15 < Parasound A21 < Gallo Ref SA < Metric Halo LIO-8 < Mac Mini < Decibel and Audirvana < Pro-ject 9.1 w/ Grado Statement Master

Hi miguelito,

Both my dog and my cat leave the gear alone. (Sometimes the cat likes to jump up on one of the subwoofers.)

Either they just like my music selections (when they don't, they leave the room) or I'm just lucky.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

If I were a dog I'd be all over those Nordost cables.

system pics

Roch

Perhaps you should change the text above your avatar to "youngest dirty old man"?

You know that Admin is likely to receive complaints from our very knowledgeable resident female "trouble maker" and others, and that they will be removed again, so why post them here ?

I gather from this that your recent yearly check up in Miami went well ?

Kind Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

You know that Admin is likely to receive complaints from our very knowledgeable resident female "trouble maker" and others, and that they will be removed again, so why post them here ?

Like racist "humour".

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

Snowmonkey

That wasn't racist humour . IIRC, I said "supposedly humorous" I meant it to shock, not be humorous.

I certainly didn't find it humorous , any more than the frequent nasty emails about the U.S. President.

It was in the same context as dirty politics.

To make myself very clear, as I explained in a message to Chris C, my son is married to a lady from Suriname , my grandson was born in Suriname, and it pisses me off that this kind of stuff appears to originate in the U.S. then gets sent worldwide, just like the nasty political stuff in a recent email forwarded to me, showing the release of a detainee in exchange for a US prisoner, where the person is shown in a photo with several severed heads. Snopes says the person in the photo is not the person quoted.

Unfortunately, far too many people take such stuff on face value.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

I've always preferred a soft, absorbent (i.e., non-reflective) seat.

Rosie seems to prefer getting right down on the floor.

(Ever since the new cables arrived, she's moved from a side seat to dead center. And wags her tail for Gershwin. ;-})

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

Barry, as far as you have been able to determine from her behaviour, has Rosie noticed a difference in sound quality with the new cables? :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Barry, as far as you have been able to determine from her behaviour, has Rosie noticed a difference in sound quality with the new cables? :)

I bet that his wife has though !

Hi Allan,

While I tend to think Rosie just likes coming into the studio when I'm there, in the past, she always tended to lie down next to one of the speakers. Ever since the new cables arrived--actually once they'd been playing music for about a week--she has taken to positioning herself in the center, facing the speakers.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

Here is mine, soft, absorbent (i.e., non-reflective) seat.

Seated on this lovely chair my former maid. Fired her because he ate a lot...

Roch

Do you not get spurious sounds from the arm rests?

system pics

Hi Allan,

While I tend to think Rosie just likes coming into the studio when I'm there, in the past, she always tended to lie down next to one of the speakers. Ever since the new cables arrived--actually once they'd been playing music for about a week--she has taken to positioning herself in the center, facing the speakers.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

Hi Barry:

Obviously, Rosie isn't bothered by any ultrasonic noise in your system. Given her adoption of a new, preferred listening position, I'm waiting for one of the 'youknowhos' to accuse her of having expectation bias. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Better than sniffing butt!

system pics

Better than sniffing butt!

To a dog, maybe not.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Roch

Perhaps you should change the text above your avatar to "youngest dirty old man"?

Please don't confuse humor with dirty mind. Are you really so serious in your personal life, like when you discus CD ripping, and / or AIFF versus WAV?...

C'mom this a hobby and some times life is hard, but at least me it worst a penny your (serious) comment on my joke!...

I gather from this that your recent yearly check up in Miami went well ?

Kind Regards

Alex

No, my medical checks doesn't went well, I need (another) urgent serious surgery on the next few days.

But, as you can see I'm like a "tumbler doll" the harder you push me, the faster I stand up!...

Kind regards,

Roch

Please don't confuse humor with dirty mind. Are you really so serious in your personal life, like when you discus CD ripping, and / or AIFF versus WAV?...

C'mom this a hobby and some times life is hard, but at least me it worst a penny your (serious) comment on my joke!...

No, my medical checks doesn't went well, I need (another) urgent serious surgery on the next few days.

But, as you can see I'm like a "tumbler doll" the harder you push me, the faster I stand up!...

Kind regards,

Roch

Hello Roch,

Keeping you in prayers and on my absent healing list. I wish you good fortune with your health issues and ask those skilled in delivering medical services to you keep you with us for as long as your time is.

Grace be to you. And make sure they play the right music during your surgery. Do they take requests?

Love and Light,

Richard

Hi Roch

Sorry to hear about the need for further urgent surgery.

You of all people should know when someone is winding you up! You do it to me quite often. (grin)

If this wasn't C.A. I may have even posted something like you did . What is acceptable in one forum isn't always acceptable in other forums though.I often post stuff in another forum, where we have a special section that allows this, as long as it isn't offensive or racist.("Please try to keep it clean") Even then, we usually place a warning in the Subject header such as "Adult Humour" or "Not Politically Correct" if there is any risk of offending others.

Kind Regards

Alex