IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s the official page: https://store.ui.com/us/en/pro/collections/accessories-pro-long-distance-modules/products/1-gbps-bidirectional-single-mode-optical-module

Also note: BiDi transceivers (bidirectional transceivers) enable full-duplex data transmission via a single optical fiber. The data transmission from A to B (sending) takes place on a different wavelength than on the return path from B to A (receiving). 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @wklie I’m testing the multi-room functionality and having some issues. 

The system is L2 server, A1, and D3. The D3 is set as the sender for the A1. The D3 and A1 are connected via copper Ethernet to the L2. The L2 is connected via fiber to my network. 

I’m playing 16/44.1 content from the L2 library to the D3 and the A1. 

The audio on the D3 is perfect. The audio on the A1 is often garbled. 

Is this supposed to work?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, wklie said:

It seems that the feature has an issue with our older models.  While we investigate this issue:

As a workaround, please turn on D3 re-sampling, and upsample 44.1kHz to 88.2kHz (or 176.4kHz) to see if it plays normally for the A1 as a multi-room receiver.  If that still does not work, turn off Lumin Streaming (AirPlay) and Spotify Connect on the A1.

Will try today and let you know. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, wklie said:

It seems that the feature has an issue with our older models.  While we investigate this issue:

As a workaround, please turn on D3 re-sampling, and upsample 44.1kHz to 88.2kHz (or 176.4kHz) to see if it plays normally for the A1 as a multi-room receiver.  If that still does not work, turn off Lumin Streaming (AirPlay) and Spotify Connect on the A1.

I set it to upsample 44.1 to 176.4 as a test, and it has been playing perfectly for the last 15 minutes. Looks like this is a solution. I would've heard the garbled audio by now if the problem was still there. 

• 1 month later...