IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

17 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

get me to DSD1024 to play well with the Terminator +.  Does any Lumin product stream at that data rate or will I need to look somewhere else?

Lumïn can play DSD256/512 maximum depending on the model.

As you already have the dac a U1 mini or U1 should be more indicate but that’s the limit.

Here you can find all Lumïn models and specs https://www.luminmusic.com

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, gbr said:

* touching multiple tracks quickly to add them to the playlist adds them in reverse order (in one touch mode). This happens with qobuz tracks as well as with tracks from my NAS served with minimserver.

Just when using Minimserver (I don’t use Qobuz):

one touch mode has to sub-modes play now or play later

if play now is selected they are added in reverse order as it should be, you tap the first to be played immediately, then you tap the third to be played immediately and this goes before the first and so on, ie they are added in reverse order.

if play later is selected the tracks are added in the very same sequence you tapped them.

2 hours ago, gbr said:

* sometimes some cover arts are not loaded in the library (qobuz playlists or NAS UPNP folders). You have to scroll the entries out of view and back again to make the cover art visible.

It happens to me too, only if the hdd is not spinning. (This is for Minimserver, don’t know about Qobuz)

2 hours ago, gbr said:

* sometimes (I guess when the app did loose the connection to the streamer and reconnects it) the navigation is resetted and jumps back to the start screen e.g. of qobuz.

It happens to me too, I think that when the connection is lost there is no alternative to start from the start screen

2 hours ago, gbr said:

* sometimes the app is crashing (I currently do not know when it happens)

It happens to me too, not very often, a couple of times in a day

Stefano

My audio system

@wklie hi Peter, I recently subscribed to Qobuz and using Lumïn app I’m quite surprised by the lack of most part  of credits (… almost all) for classical music albums.

One example for all  … Wagner/Parsifal/Solti … these are from Lumïn 

F0FBC69F-6507-4F2A-A574-E5EE4D75DD01.thumb.jpeg.804205ac898fa253f5633319bf993ba5.jpeg8E740D10-2F3E-45C0-B3D1-02FAD312C70F.thumb.jpeg.716c4a31e5362ab7e4500c94a6715da4.jpeg

and this is the screenshot from the Qobuz original app (sorry for Italian language)

2807239F-B001-49AE-BF62-C25CB1E4ACEE.jpeg.2d9a6cbe7a310832a227c0bf3edc7697.jpeg

… composer, conductor, orchestra … are missing in Lumïn  …. and in some tracks they are wrong …. Sir Georg Solti as a performer instead of tenor or soprano

can we expect this lack will be fulfilled in the future ?

thanks

Stefano

My audio system

On 1/3/2022 at 5:38 AM, wklie said:

In my testing I get 176.4kHz from both Lumin iOS app and Lumin Android app.

Please power cycle your Lumin hardware, and any hardware running Lumin app.

If that does not help, please logout from Qobuz via Lumin app, then relogin.

If that still does not help, there's probably regional licensing differences that I can do nothing about, or you are getting a 192kHz version that I do not get.  There are frequently multiple versions of the same album, which is very normal.

Thank you Peter,

I’m not using Lumïn hw, just the app and Bubbleupnpserver too.

FYI

it seems that, at least in my region (Italy), Qobuz is showing this album as 24/192 but the actual sample rate is 176.4 , then it happens that the shown 24/192 sample rate is not the real samplerate of the stream but the samplerate indicated 

in the out-of-band metadata sent by Qobuz for that track.
In other words, it just an esthetic issue.

Stefano

My audio system

8 hours ago, One and a half said:

Wireless to the iPad is from an Apple express 1st Generation N Band

Which is the network speed you can reach with your AE? You can check it using Utility Airport app on your iPad.

I have both 1st and 2nd gen. AE and just tried

this is the AE 1st gen (no 5GHz available) speed I can reach with my iPad FB29BCD6-E066-4E96-B19F-49B791CC43D4.jpeg.c8a5cea868ba6f6041b17ce3e89f9106.jpeg

and this is the 2nd gen. (5GHz available) speed with the same iPad 

31CBD4FB-A2C2-4C82-8F67-535631F85640.jpeg.1bb067b4f719c42779a42c3d99c40f4c.jpeg

this AE 1st gen lower speed could be the cause of your troubles …

Stefano

My audio system

8 hours ago, One and a half said:

ook a fraction under 5 minutes for the Lumin app to index the new data

As you have experienced, the more the LAN is simple minor are the problems you can meet.
LAN traffic is not normally a problem, unless we are talking about a complex data center.
Rather than using Bridged routers, if you really want, I would use some managed switches and define VLANs, but this makes more sense to manage security and not traffic, in a home LAN.

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, chungjh said:

There used to be an option to add a track immediately after the playing track but I don't see this option anymore. All I can do is to add tracks to the end of the playlist. Am I missing something after the firmware upgrade?

Long press on the track, a window will show up, you’ll find four icons

F8D6E47C-60C5-4B69-B25F-996A3F6B5FA6.jpeg.8b28d5ccc6bab09ab207057cfd2f65b0.jpeg

from left to right

add to the beginning 

add after the playing track

add at the bottom

add and erase previous content 

This is an alternative to what explained by @Liam

Stefano

My audio system

@wklie

just realized that Lumïn app and Esoteric Sound Stream have different behavior in showing track details.

Few words about my setup

Minimserver, Bubbleupnpserver, Lumïn app, renderer

when I must restart Lumïn app, as sometimes it looses all the renderers, the playing now playlist is retrieved from Bubbleupnpserver (I suppose).

The artists details, on this occasion, are lost and they are showed as a single string, it seems the separators are missing or misunderstood.

here an example (Lumïn app)

A2010938-783F-42B5-9F23-6FF0C935CADF.thumb.png.e659e203b9376ac2834c55e0c7636489.png

using Esoteric Sound Stream this doesn’t happen

7E02072B-C926-4395-8739-7367670A8D1F.thumb.png.6bd9257da55c6be24ea6313006e515f9.png

is there something that can be done to have Lumïn app back with the same behavior of Esoteric Sound Stream?

I think in the past Lumïn app didn’t have this issue … but cannot say when this happened 

NB. This happens only when I must restart Lumïn app (swipe off and relaunch)

Stefano

My audio system

3 hours ago, wklie said:

I assume this track is placed in MinimServer.

Please tell me the MinimServer version and platform, the MinimServer multi-tag configuration settings, and upload this track to somewhere and send a link to [email protected]

Yes it is on Minimserver 2.1 update 213 running on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

The upnpCustom property is multiTag={artist}

Mail sent with subject: MinimServer multi-tag configuration settings

Stefano

My audio system

36 minutes ago, wklie said:

Please make sure your selected library in Lumin app is MinimServer instead of anything else.

It is … of course.

37 minutes ago, wklie said:

We tested your track with MinimServer 2 with a similar multiTag setting on Lumin hardware and it works correctly with both the latest Lumin iOS app and Lumin Android app, in that each artist is shown in a different row.

It works when you load the track in the play now queue, but if you need to relaunch Lumïn app (as as told before it sometimes looses all the renderers, this happens when you shutdown the iPad closing the cover ) then the artists are shown as in the example I attached in my previous post

Stefano

My audio system

On 1/20/2022 at 8:49 AM, wklie said:

We tested your track with MinimServer 2 with a similar multiTag setting on Lumin hardware and it works correctly with both the latest Lumin iOS app and Lumin Android app, in that each artist is shown in a different row.

… finally I could figure that restarting the renderer caused the issue (… I’m quite sure …)

thanks anyway for you support

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Rait9 the output max resolution of the D2 using spdif connection is 

PCM 24/192

DSD64 (DoP)

as specified here (bottom of the page)

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-d2.html

it is the Luxman that cannot do DSD through spdif input

http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=37

hence no way to play DSD128 through spdif.

The Lumïn U1 Mini could be the solution, using usb output it can do up to

PCM 32/384

DSD256

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-u1-mini.html

or

Lumïn U1 that using usb output can do up to

PCM 32/768

DSD512

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-u1-mini.html

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Lyoshaif Radio Paradise is not supported by your Esoteric network Player you have one chance using Minimserver and Minimstreamer (you need a paid Full License)

Create a folder (could be Radio_Stations), inside the folder create a folder named

radioparadisemainmix

inside this folder

• create a file named
    • Radio Paradise Main Mix.m3u
  • if you like you can put a folder.jpg of the radio logo

Radio Paradise Main Mix.m3u must contain (exactly)

#EXTM3U 
#EXTINF:-1,[*;flac] Radio Paradise Main Mix
http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac

The you'll have this structure

Radio_Stations

-- radioparadisemainmix

---- Radio Paradise Main Mix.m3u

---- folder.jpg

Put this structure in the path analyzed by MinimServer and issue a rescan of the library

At the end of the rescan you'll find in Esoteric Sound Stream App a new folder named

"n playlists"

where n is the number of playlists like Radio Paradise Main Mix.m3u

... and now you can play Radio Paradise Main Mix flac

IMG_1587.jpg

Stefano

My audio system