IGNORED

Audiophile Household Income

Household gross annual income (Anonymous)  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just as youth is wasted on the young, perhaps some of our more esoteric equipment is also wasted on the mature.

Age and maturity are quite different. . .

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

First, it's not about the money, it's how you use the money that makes a difference.

That is so true. I've heard stories of audiophiles in blue collar professions who have very expensive systems because they spend all of their savings on equipment for many years. On the other hand, I know of plenty of well-heeled audiophiles who love a bargain and don't care about audio jewelery, fads, etc.

In many continental European countries, the average retiree has higher income, and much higher net wealth, than the rest of the population.

In fact, there's OECD wide intergenerational shift of assets from the young to the old. It applies to the US as well.

I'd love to see a poll of some sort that asks readers about the items they don't spend money on in order to spend on HiFi. To me this is much more interesting than the income of people. It's all about priorities for me and many computer audiophiles I know.

Well, I spend my money on real estate, home improvements, supplementing my 401k portfolio and gold instead of a continued waste of money on new Hi-Fi equipment for something I just can't hear. I also can get a good return on my investment while having a nice nest egg as my retirement continues.

The Truth Is Out There

Well, I spend my money on real estate, home improvements, supplementing my 401k portfolio and gold instead of a continued waste of money on new Hi-Fi equipment for something I just can't hear. I also can get a good return on my investment while having a nice nest egg as my retirement continues.

I was thinking more about disposable income not investment income. Although HiFi is an investment in myself and my own happiness.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I was thinking more about disposable income not investment income. Although HiFi is an investment in myself and my own happiness.

see, Investing can be a lot of things that brings a nice return on your investment including investment in yourself and your own happiness.

The Truth Is Out There

I am uncomfortable with the categories, which imply that retired people have no income. In many continental European countries, the average retiree has higher income, and much higher net wealth, than the rest of the population.

I'm retired and I got income and no problems at all.

The Truth Is Out There

• 2 weeks later...

This poll is fantastic!

If your income is below $50K,

If you are an audiophile,

If your system sounds fantastic,

You are MY HERO!

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

• 3 weeks later...