IGNORED

M2TECH HiFace 2

You'll give us the verdict, once they start shipping, right? :-P

BTW, Chris -- have you seen the other products that M2Tech is shipping?

There's the Evo Clock for upgrading the Evo DAC / hiFace Evo.

evo_supply1.jpg

And there's the Evo Supply for delivering battery-powered goodness to those devices, too.

Any chance you've arranged a review sample???

I have both evo hiface & dac and I have auditioned the supply too... it really is a very big improvement to the performance of the m2's!

I will buy it as soon as possible...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hi.

Just thought I would add my experience to this thread.

I have just bought and received the HiFace Two today.

Previously I was using a V-Link with my Rega Dac.

Well first impressions are OMG!! A veil has been lifted! The haze has gone!

I put on David Bowie Outside, basically because I have found the mix on some of the tracks to be hazy and confused. Now I've always been unsure if it was the V-Link or the DAC that was the problem. Well straight away from the first track I knew it was the V-Link - the mix came alive!

The background voices that were previously muffled were perfectly clear! I could hear new things in the mix - it like I was peeling away all the haze and hash of the V-Link and getting a deeper insight into the mix of each song. The bass was more textured and powerful. Bowie's voice took on a life like quality that, during the track 'A Small Plot of Land', it was like he was in the room! I could hear all the nuances of the guitar solo on 'Strangers When We Meet' that put a big grin on my face. I could hear backing vocals that I had not heard before. The list could go on.

I've only managed to listen to four tracks tonight because I started late and I don't play stuff after 9pm because of the neighbours. But first impressions are extremely positive. Its like I've bought a new DAC.

I can't wait to have another listen tomorrow!

I never bought the original so I can't comment on the differences between the two.

On a negative note Pure Music crashed when I chose another song, which it never did with the V-Link. I hope its just a one off.

Thanks.

Mac Min : Audirvana : Audiophilleo 2 : Rega DAC : Brio-R : RS3 speakers.

Any word on M2tech coming up with a similar update of the EVO? (&when...)

If this is native class 2, does that mean it does integer mode on Mac with SL?

That would likely feed my upgrade bug....

Thx,

Hans

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

JFF, can I ask where you bought it? I still can't find it for sale in the U.S. Would love to upgrade from my original hiFace. Thanks.

Mac Mini, Pure Music, iTunes, Lynx Hilo, Merrill Taranis amp, Seta Piccola phono preamp, Phil Jones Platinum Reference One speakers, Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

Hi.

I bought it from Purite Audio over here in the UK.

www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Email and have a word with Keith. He usually answers within 10 minutes. Top bloke.

I think he is the main dealer for m2tech stuff over here in the UK.

Mac Min : Audirvana : Audiophilleo 2 : Rega DAC : Brio-R : RS3 speakers.

Extracts:

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA

!!-----------------------------

0 [M20 ]: USB-Audio - M2Tech USB Audio 2.0

M2Tech M2Tech USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:00:1a.7-3, high speed

!!Loaded sound module options

!!--------------------------

!!Module: snd_usb_audio

async_unlink : Y

device_setup : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

enable : Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y

id : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)

ignore_ctl_error : N

index : -2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

nrpacks : 8

pid : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

vid : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

!!USB Mixer information

!!---------------------------

--startcollapse--

USB Mixer: usb_id=0x249c930b, ctrlif=0, ctlerr=0

Card: M2Tech M2Tech USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:00:1a.7-3, high speed

Unit: 10

Control: name="M2Tech Clock Selector Playback Volume", index=1

Info: id=10, control=2, cmask=0x0, channels=1, type="S16"

Volume: min=-32512, max=0, dBmin=-12700, dBmax=0

Control: name="M2Tech Clock Selector Playback Volume", index=0

Info: id=10, control=2, cmask=0x3, channels=2, type="S16"

Volume: min=-32512, max=0, dBmin=-12700, dBmax=0

Control: name="M2Tech Clock Selector Playback Switch", index=1

Info: id=10, control=1, cmask=0x0, channels=1, type="INV_BOOLEAN"

Volume: min=0, max=1, dBmin=0, dBmax=0

Control: name="M2Tech Clock Selector Playback Switch", index=0

Info: id=10, control=1, cmask=0x3, channels=2, type="INV_BOOLEAN"

Volume: min=0, max=1, dBmin=0, dBmax=0

--endcollapse--

!!-------Mixer controls for card 0 [M20]

Card hw:0 'M20'/'M2Tech M2Tech USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:00:1a.7-3, high speed'

Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'

Components : 'USB249c:930b'

Controls : 4

Simple ctrls : 2

Simple mixer control 'M2Tech Clock Selector',0

Capabilities: pvolume pswitch penum

Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right

Limits: Playback 0 - 127

Mono:

Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]

Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]

Simple mixer control 'M2Tech Clock Selector',1

Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined penum

Playback channels: Mono

Limits: Playback 0 - 127

Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]

So for an MPD installation, the alsa section should be:

audio_output {

type "alsa"

name "M2tech Hiface Two"

auto_resample "no" # important

device "hw:0,0"

# format "44100:16:2" # important: line to be commented

mixer_type "hardware"

mixer_device "hw:0"

mixer_control "M2Tech Clock Selector"

mixer_index "1"

}

Chamber Music Festival near Geneva : www.celloarte.org

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered one today from Tweek Geek. Good people to talk with. Here's their link.

http://www.tweekgeek.com/

Digital: QNAP TVS-871 > Sonore ultraRendu > Modwright Oppo 205

Analog: VPI Prime w/Kiseki Purpleheart > Zesto Audio Andros 1.2

Amp & Speakers: Modified Line Magnetic 518ia > Daedalus Audio Argos v.2

Backbone: PS Audio P5, Wireworld Silver Electra 7 powercords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 interconnects, Steve Blinn Designs Audio Rack

Ordered from TweekGeek 10 days ago. It just arrived today -- drop shipped directly from TEAC America. Won't get a chance to listen until this weekend, but I'll post a follow up.

Mac Mini, Pure Music, iTunes, Lynx Hilo, Merrill Taranis amp, Seta Piccola phono preamp, Phil Jones Platinum Reference One speakers, Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

Hello,

I did a lot of tests and have written an article a few days ago about the hiface release 2.

if you would like, feel free to read it: http://musiq-audiophile.blogspot.com/2012/04/m2tech-hiface-two-english-version.html

This is a very interesting upgrade compared to the first version, I also compared it to EVO box and Stello. If you wish to have more information on my tests, just ask :)

Regards

Musiq

Musiq Audiophile Blog

Music system: optimzed W7x64 dual core PC for audio, misc transports/dacs/cables, Vecteur amp, ProAc D28

Hello,

I did a lot of tests and have written an article a few days ago about the hiface release 2.

if you would like, feel free to read it: http://musiq-audiophile.blogspot.com/2012/04/m2tech-hiface-two-english-version.html

This is a very interesting upgrade compared to the first version, I also compared it to EVO box and Stello. If you wish to have more information on my tests, just ask :)

Regards

Musiq

Hi

I would like to know how it compares to Stello U3

Thanks

Paul

Yesterday, during the Hi-End show in Munich, I have talked to Mario from M2Tech. Apparently, the EVO upgrade to still at least one year away, since that would require a complete unit redesign.

The HiFace 2 is based on XMOS chip.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

You'll give us the verdict, once they start shipping, right? :-P

BTW, Chris -- have you seen the other products that M2Tech is shipping?

There's the Evo Clock for upgrading the Evo DAC / hiFace Evo.

evo_supply1.jpg

And there's the Evo Supply for delivering battery-powered goodness to those devices, too.

I have both units at home right now (Evo PSU and Evo Clock). Combined, they bring tremendous difference to the standard EVO.

Adam

Hi

I would like to know how it compares to Stello U3

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The M2Tech hiface2 does not perform as well as Stello U3. Due to XMOS usage, music sounds very close with each of the transports.

Clarity, details and firm bass are all present. With Stello U3, the global stage is better defined, tones are also more natural such as it is with EVO (especially on battery). Even if hiface2 is a very well positionned for such a price, Stello U3 outperforms it on all registers in the overall.

Musiq Audiophile Blog

Music system: optimzed W7x64 dual core PC for audio, misc transports/dacs/cables, Vecteur amp, ProAc D28

The M2Tech hiface2 does not perform as well as Stello U3.

Stello U3 ($499) should be compared to the M2Tech HiFace Evo ($475), not the entry level HiFace 2 ($189).

Adam

Hi Paul,

The M2Tech hiface2 does not perform as well as Stello U3. Due to XMOS usage, music sounds very close with each of the transports.

Clarity, details and firm bass are all present. With Stello U3, the global stage is better defined, tones are also more natural such as it is with EVO (especially on battery). Even if hiface2 is a very well positionned for such a price, Stello U3 outperforms it on all registers in the overall.

Thank you very much for the information

I was trying to figure out the best possible interface powered by USB only(no more outlets in my wire clogged system).

I have Berkeley Alpha Series 2

There are few options like Stello u3,M2tech ,,V-link 192,Audiophileo and Soulution USB 590.