IGNORED

Paul McCartney - Kisses On The Bottom (Deluxe Edition) 24 bit / 96 kHz (Download)

pm.jpg

Kisses On The Bottom (24 bit - 96 kHz)

Release Date: February 7, 2012

Label: Hear Music

Paul McCartney Store (No affiliation, scroll to bottom right for high resolution) [Linkex.png]

Produced by Tommy LiPuma?Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York and Capitol Studios, Los Angeles?Additional recording performed at Abbey Road Studios, London; Hog Hill Mill, East Sussex; Westlake Studios, Hollywood

Recorded and mixed by Al Schmitt Additional engineering by Elliot Scheiner, Brian Montgomery and Steve Genewick

Pro Tools engineering and editing by Brian Montgomery and Steve Genewick

Assistant Engineers: Fernando Lodeiro at Avatar Studios, New York; Marcus Johnson at Westlake Studios, Los Angeles; Sam Okell, Kris Burton, Gordon Davidson, Paul Pritchard at Abbey Road, London; Eddie Klein, Keith Smith, Jamie Kirkham at Hog Hill Mill, East Sussex

Mastered by Doug Sax and Sangwook ‘Sunny’ Nam at The Mastering Lab, Ojai, California

?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed folder: Kisses On The Bottom Hi Res Deluxe Digital Album

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Filename

DR13 -3.77 dB -19.65 dB (null)

DR12 -5.45 dB -20.12 dB 02 Home (When Shadows Fall).wav

DR12 -3.72 dB -18.05 dB (null)

DR11 -7.12 dB -21.51 dB 04 More I Cannot Wish You.wav

DR14 -4.58 dB -20.46 dB 05 The Glory Of Love.wav

DR12 -5.13 dB -19.12 dB 06 We Three (My Echo_ My Shadow And Me).wav

DR14 -0.60 dB -17.33 dB 07 Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive.wav

DR12 -3.42 dB -17.61 dB 08 My Valentine.wav

DR12 -6.61 dB -21.26 dB 09 Always.wav

DR13 -4.59 dB -20.09 dB 10 My Very Good Friend The Milkman.wav

DR13 -4.42 dB -20.61 dB 11 Bye Bye Blackbird.wav

DR14 -3.72 dB -19.68 dB 12 Get Yourself Another Fool.wav

DR12 -5.49 dB -20.56 dB 13 The Inch Worm.wav

DR12 -3.69 dB -18.10 dB 14 Only Our Hearts.wav

DR13 -3.81 dB -20.30 dB (null)

DR11 -8.00 dB -21.79 dB 16 My One And Only Love.wav

Number of files: 16

Official DR value: DR13

======================================================

Click To Enlarge

1. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter

[/url]

Click To Enlarge

2. Home [When Shadows Fall]

Click To Enlarge

3. It's Only A Paper Moon

Click To Enlarge

4. More I Cannot Wish You

Click To Enlarge

5. The Glory Of Love

Click To Enlarge

6. We Three [My Echo, My Shadow And Me]

Click To Enlarge

7. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive

Click To Enlarge

8. My Valentine

Click To Enlarge

9. Always

Click To Enlarge

10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman

Click To Enlarge

11. Bye Bye Blackbird

Click To Enlarge

12. Get Yourself Another Fool

Click To Enlarge

13. The Inch Worm

Click To Enlarge

14. Only Our Hearts

Click To Enlarge

15. Baby's Request

Click To Enlarge

16. My One And Only Love

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I'm assuming you're looking at the tracks from HD Tracks? The 24/96 WAV files I downloaded from McCartney's website are clean as a whistle, with a gradual rolloff to around 25-30k - no anomalous hi-frequency content whatsoever.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I'm assuming you're looking at the tracks from HD Tracks? The 24/96 WAV files I downloaded from McCartney's website are clean as a whistle, with a gradual rolloff to around 25-30k - no anomalous hi-frequency content whatsoever.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Interesting.

Yes, I saw exactly what Julf was talking about, which was what prompted me to run the analysis on my tracks. I saw *only* a smooth sweep, rolling off gently between 25-30k and *no* additional hi-frequency "bump" :/

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong - I'll recheck my methods ;)

Thank you so much, goldsdad! I had already set the range at 144db in the Spectrograms preferences, so thought I was covered :/

"I was just able to confirm this album was never in DSD format at any time."

Thanks! Did your source tell what format it actually was recorded in, and did he/she have any explanation for the notch/bump in the HF?

I wonder if it would be possible to increase the sensitivity of your spectrum analysis window? In your pictures, the whole notch/bump is in the "black", so it is not possible to see if the notch/bump is constant over time, or volume-dependent. I would use Audacity to check, but I don't have that record myself.

As an aside: Paul McCartny was interviewed by Jamie Cullum as part of his jazz show on BBC Radio 2 last night.

Should be on BBC iPlayer (http://bbc.co.uk/iPlayer) until 14th Feb.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Was quite enjoyable.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

He'll be 70 in June . . .

It's sad with opera singers - just as they are reaching the height of their interpretive powers, the voice begins to succumb to age - mid- to late-40s is about as far as the voice retains its youthful bloom. Some singers manage to hang on into their 60s by careful repertoire choices, etc., but it is very rare to hear a professional singer in public past their 70th birthday. Pop singers have the same physical limitations, of course.

Classical dancers, of course, have it even worse - few make it past their 30th birthday without significant damage :/

Paul has lost some of the high end of his voice, but still sounds good and very recognizable to me. Age certainly has something to do with it, but the fact that he smoked for years certainly hasn't helped.

Liked the album. I look at it as a good "pop" interpretation of jazz standards, as Paul does not sing them as most jazz singers would.

I especially liked the original "My Valentine"; very good song, and so well done that if I didn't know, I'd think it was some forgotten song from the old American songbook. Says a lot for McCartney's skills as a songwriter.

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Topspin just sent me a link to hi-res bonus tracks - 4 tracks from the album McCartney performed live this week at Capitol. Sounds very good.

BTW, the original link they sent me was for mp3's. I wrote their support mentioning that I understood I was supposed to receive hi-res bonus tracks, and within an hour they sent me a link to the actual hi-res versions of the same live performances.

Final tally: 20 good sounding hi-res tracks (including bonus tracks) for $17. Not bad compared to $18 for 14 tracks at HDT.

I downloaded the wav files from McCartney's website and am having trouble with the metadata. I had to type in the track titles and such (which was a small chore). Is there some easier way I might have accomplished that?

Also, I cannot figure out how to embed the album art. How is album art associated with a wav file?

I am using foobar2000.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

There is limited support for tags in wave files. You also cannot embed album art in wave files. Convert to FLAC or another lossless format.

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.