Jimi-Machine-Gun-LP-Full-Size-980x980.jpg

folder.png

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Philip Glass - Solo Piano.jpg

Actually, it is "album of the morning". But at all times of the day something very beautiful and somehow compelling.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Night Dreamer.jpg

great classic bluenote album. everything you want in that genre.

Night Dreamer.pdf

Two of my favorite albums from the 70's.

Karuna Supreme - The John Handy-Ali Kkbar Khan collaboration is the best fusion of Indian music and Jazz I know of.

folder.jpg

Cover - Dança das Cabeças (Remaster).jpg

• 1 month later...
The new Bob Dylan "The Real Royal Albert Hall 1966 Concert" in 96/24 on HDT.

Listening to it now. I am not even a huge Dylan fan but love this. I really enjoy live acoustic and this is definitely worth it. Great ambience. Or maybe I am just feeling nostalgic as I just lost my best friend of 50+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks. Got it. A good one. I do find it funny that they had to call it the "real" Royal Albert Hall concert, on account of the bootleg and official "bootleg series" albums, actually recorded in Manchester, but attributed in the title to the Royal Albert Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

folder.JPG

DR=18

Only $8.40 for 24/96 album at Hyperion Records

I think this percussion material would make good audiophile test music, even if it isn't something you like listening to regularly. I do sort of enjoy it, though. But I like other Reich pieces, also.

foobar2000 1.3.8 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.0

log date: 2016-12-16 16:50:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed: LSO Percussion Ensemble / Reich: Clapping music & other works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR29 -0.17 dB -32.85 dB 3:37 01-Reich: Clapping music

DR20 -3.29 dB -26.56 dB 11:42 02-Reich: Music for pieces of wood

DR12 -9.26 dB -25.11 dB 11:09 03-Reich: Sextet - 1: Crotchet = 192

DR18 -5.78 dB -29.60 dB 4:32 04-Reich: Sextet - 2: Crotchet = 96

DR13 -4.58 dB -20.48 dB 2:34 05-Reich: Sextet - 3: Crotchet = 64

DR19 -3.05 dB -27.57 dB 3:32 06-Reich: Sextet - 4: Crotchet = 96

DR13 -6.10 dB -21.39 dB 6:01 07-Reich: Sextet - 5: Crotchet = 192

Number of tracks: 7

Official DR value: DR18

Samplerate: 96000 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 24

Bitrate: 2713 kbps

Codec: FLAC

================================================================================

foo_dr.txt

I got that album through B&W Society of Sound (good value for two monthly surprise albums). It's strangely mesmerising to listen to.

If you like Reich, you might enjoy Linn Records - kuniko plays reich.

Yep, already have that one. The "Kuniko Plays Reich" is a great record.

• 1 month later...

Folder.jpg

A must have if you like Jarrett.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, austinpop said:

There's that, true.

I'm listening to it for the first time as I write. Sound is very good; performance seems to be, too. I'm not an expert on classical performance. 

Definitely worth the sale price at eClassical.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, too much classical/not enough variety here lately, have to change it up:

folder.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly my favorite version of this in the original solo piano. Fantastic performance, great recording. Transferred to DSD from tape. Wilson recording, Hyperion Knight, performance.

Digital Booklet.jpg

• 1 month later...

okay, ted_b, buying on your recommendation!

Okay, got it. And it sounds good. Yes you can clearly hear lots of detail.

Interestingly, with an album from 1997 that already seemed to have some volume compression, and an average DR of 7 on the original CD:

the new hi-res shows some additional compression - most songs are DR 6 as opposed to DR 7 in the previous version - but the average for the album is DR 7 also. Not sure how that works, when almost all the individual songs show some added compression.

I find it odd that it was thought to need a big more volume compression for re-release. I guess that's just the audio world we live in....

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jud said:

You can start thinking that gravel voice is only for gravel.  Then he unleashes “Old ‘55” or “Hold On,” and suddenly you are in tears....

He sounds a lot better than present day Dylan....

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Holy crap, this album is awesome! Can't believe I've never heard it before. Listening to the deluxe version via Tidal.

atfillmoreeast2.jpg

When you decide you really like it you can get the 6 CD version of the "The 1971 Fillmore East Concerts" like some of the rest of us...:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.chandos.net/products/catalogue/NX 3016

NX3016.jpg

New modern arrangement of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition.

Interesting. Good sound and playing.

Is being sold in every format, original was in 24/96. The Chandos link is the least expensive source for the 24.96.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, coot said:

Not new I know, but impressive none the less.

This is my favorite Mahler 2. It ever fails to thrill and move me deeply.

51cqY04aRGL._AC_US218_.jpg

cant tell from the cover what it is. Details, please.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition - Ginastera: Piano Sonata No. 1, Op. 22

Great performance. Great recording.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

Thank you for recommendation and for the link. It really seems to be a great album. What about their pricing? They want 10 USD "or more". Could you explain.

reg.,

Bernhard

You can get it for the stated price or give the artist more money. The stated price is a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 10:40 PM, Musicophile said:

Really good album/good recording. A good bass showcase for your system, too. 

• 3 weeks later...

An underappreciated Byrds album. 

cover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Mahler: Symphony No.6

Osmo Vanska/ Minnesota Orchestra

5019897-origpic-8f15bb.thumb.jpg.343a769cba31ce6c527dab66eb32f354.jpg

http://www.eclassical.com/conductors/vanska-osmo/mahler-symphony-no6.html

"Albert Camus once wrote ‘when I describe what the catastrophe of modern man looks like, music comes into my mind – the music of Gustav Mahler’. If asked to specify a particular work, it is quite possible that Camus would have proposed Symphony No. 6 in A minor – the symphony that Bruno Walter claimed portrayed ‘a terrifying, hopeless darkness, without a human sound’."

+1 My favorite till now is the Bernstein/VPO, but this one may be better. Sonics are great.