4 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

The tempus does fugit.

:) it definitely does.

A good old friend of mine looks exactly like Arvo Pärt (and BTW is into spiritual stuff).

I'm really curious guys - what's your favorite Pärt's album.? Thinking about getting some more of his music. 

I will appreciate every recommendation.

The most important contemporary Polish jazz musician IMO (I respect Krzysztof Komeda with whom Stanko recorded years ago too) has just released his new album on ECM. I've just managed to check out some tracks - sounds very interesting. Definitely my album of the evening.

52325305?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

https://www.highresaudio.com/de/album/view/nc57y6/tomasz-stanko-new-york-quartet-december-avenue

On 5.04.2017 at 8:38 PM, sphinxsix said:

52325305?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

A very fine album IMO. Has a chance to become one of my favorite late Stańko recordings. Time will tell..

Some words from the master of melancholic trumpet himself and the European Tour dates if someone's interested.

@christopher3393

Yet one more to check..

@Snowmonkey

This version of 'Spiegel im Spiegel ' (youtube clip) is simply magical..

4 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

More Part to come. 9_9

I definitely have nothing against it :) I hope you will share your impressions here.

My album of the early evening is going to be my home work out music. Played on my main system. It's usually heavy metal - Metallica, Rammstein, stuff like that.  Two days ago I listened to Black Sabbath - I used to be their fan when I was 15-16 xD I haven't listened to them for at least 2 or 3 years (can't treat them that serious nowadays) and that training was real fun :D  But I also happened to listen to Miles from fusion and even free period - I remember a very intense work out done while listening to this legendary high octane live album for example - the bootleg quality recording of the gig after which Miles was shot. The band knew his life might be in danger after or even during the concert and they played under real high pressure. You can hear it! It's explosive music - in particular DeJohnette on drums is just unbelieveable!

MI0003055194.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Later I'm probably going to be tempted to go back to the latest Tomasz Stańko album or maybe play some pieces from this one (highly recommended if someone doesn't know it)

litania.jpg

9 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

An excellent album! Entire ECM output from Stanko is very good, but this recording stands out.

A good album IMO too. David Virelles is a very different pianist from Marcin Wasilewski (for whom I have a deep respect too) - you never know what he's going to play the very next second and I like it. As for Stanko - it's almost unimagineable that such music full of nostalgy and inner peace comes from a man who in his drug period used to come back home at  3 am and play simultaneously Bach mass from one speaker and James Brown from the other 'cause they went together well in his opinion. And he played both really loud. Or leave home with an axe hidden under his coat and with a headscarf claiming he was a Peruvian woman.. People do change..

BTW there are some photos of him with his Polish band that I took a couple of years ago in one of the photoalbums on my profile, they are nothing special but you can check them out if you want.

Rock album cover AD 1968

img_3862.jpg?w=525

Jazz (let's say) album cover AD 2012

14263648?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Inlay

acb7b14ded53268bab44f6e8da04abc8.jpg

A typical classical female pianist album cover AD 2021.? (with her on the piano.?)

7911802a4094283e7d5d29a1afd068a4.jpg

How about older generation male musicians,will some be brave enough to follow Terry Jones' example.? ;)

mpfc31.JPG

But seriously..  I don't like Nathan Milstein's album cover 'cause: 1. It's so shamelessly commercial

2. The photography is simply a bad, not interesting one IMO 3. My first thought when I saw the photo for the first time was - 'Nathan looks quite good from the back, a bit feminine though'..

But I'm afraid this is the direction in which the classical covers may change in the near future.

So maybe ..it's better to get ready, guys.. :)

16 minutes ago, elcorso said:

No way. You have a healthy mind :)

Roch

Thanks for the response! And thanks God! Was googling psychiatrists!

This video however seems quite sexy to me...

Ok...what thread is that.. Ah, Album of the Evening!

Some light vocal jjazz, quite charming (24-96) :

3 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

Finally one question about Diana K.: I do not like her music, but about the covers. Is it her "new" style or could someone explain the covers to me? On her older albums, she showed herself quite reputable. Now she changed her covers. Did this change happen only on her covers or in real - how are her live concerts?

I'm not DK fan either. I prefer for example Cassandra Wilson, not mentioning great female vocalists from the past. As for the cover - this 2012 album was her 'pop' attempt. Quite an interesting one IMO. But I think she wasn't herself on this recording. I've always thought that its title 'Glad Rag Doll' was an allusion to her being one ('GRD') in the hands of the producer. She sings as if she was told what to do. Anyway she went back to her normal, jazz style after this one. And no, I don't think she wears dresses like that during her concerts. She didn't even during the 'GRD' tour, just checked it out  ;)

BTW as for female back photo CD covers, this one is probably my favorite one. A good photo IMO.

cocx.jpeg

The original vinyl (issued years before the CD) cover looks like that :) (quite good photo too)

STANKOCOCX%201.jpg

Won't comment on this but I think a nude jazz album cover is not so disturbing in general. Classical music is a different world.

11 hours ago, Klavier said:

My favorite Scarlatti on guitar disc. Superb playing, use of colors and dynamics--words fail. All that plus fantastic sound. A pity it's out of print.

81-Eou5SWRL._SL440_.jpg

This SACD is the only Scarlatti sonatas arr. for guitar album I know but I love it too.

96c82e95327c47c48011d85fc41f2650.jpg

17 hours ago, accwai said:

Chant byzantin - Passion et resurrection

Sister Marie Keyrouz

MI0001084219.jpg

Thanks for this! I just asked about music like that on 'My Essential Classical Albums' thread. Maybe you can recommend something.?