3 hours ago, Theobetley said:

This is a request. My wife has gotten me hooked on Turkish tv mini series on Netflix. The latest one is Filinta. The music is so captivating lots of cymbals and other stuff like guitar and other instruments I don't recognize. Does anyone have any recommendations of middle eastern music?

Adding a little techno to Middle Eastern Traditions and you get two of my fave world music albums:

Mercan Dede - Nefes (aka Breath)

Hector Zazou and Swara - In The House Of Mirrors

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, rando said:

Following on from a post by @bmoura I downloaded the Just Listen 1 Compilation off Native DSD.  Some files a few times after accidentally erasing them attempting conversions.  Most fun I've had listening to a single album over the course of a week.  Sat down and listened all the way through tonight.

JL001.jpg

I'll tell Jared.  He will be pleased.  :)  Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, austinpop said:

Exploring MQA classical albums on Tidal, and found this gem:

61IT2gcP3rL._SS500.jpg

Really enjoyed the Sibelius, haven't heard the Walton yet.

Have you, by chance, compared it to the SACD (or DSD rip)?

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

Anton Bruckner

Symphony No. 9

Jaap van Zweden/Netherlands Radio Philharmonic Orchestra

Hybrid SACD

1067147770_Brucknera.thumb.jpg.c8aeda9402e401587f093d1c9ef5805c.jpg

1028182235_Brucknerb.thumb.jpg.bb26d01e735128fe7003c659e11afaaa.jpg

I did NOT know that comedian Bill Burr was such an accomplished guy!

image.thumb.png.68d276a11770b358cc8e39f0175fc1fe.png

• 5 months later...

+1  I cannot tolerate C&W...but I LOVE Gillian Welch.  I've referred to her Time (The Revelator) and Harrow & The Harvest releases as masterpieces in my reviews and such.  Anyway, saw her and Dave at Red Rocks last year and it was amazingly beautiful. 

This one has been in my rotation a LOT lately!  I think it's one of their best (and quite under-rated ) if for no other reason than to highlight Nels Cline's work.  A true Wilco rock album.

image.png.915d957884a965d535df42b22cc5f0a2.png

• 8 months later...
11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

A033A278-DD14-4AFF-AC86-BE7F66C2002C.png

@ted_b have you listened to this one?

Why no, Chris, but I am honored you are thinking about me when listening, so I will hop on it.  I am sadly behind in listening to the solo Radiohead stuff, even Thom's music sometimes.  I hate that I do not have my audiophile system re-setup yet, but I hate more that I use this excuse to get lazy about new music....I mean, I do have Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music etc etc and need to listen as a music lover more than an audiophile :)

• 1 month later...

This is one of my all time faves, and a great 2am listen. It’s a tonality/timbre champ.  A majority of the album was written one night after a hallucinatory nightmare Chan had while staying alone in a farmhouse  Go figure

9BA0F004-89BE-4D21-95DF-527487058DE7.jpeg

Rajiv, where do you put Jared’s recordings/Ivan Fischer’s performance of the Mahler cycle? I’m ignorant of Mahler basically so no dog in this fight (except my friendship and work relationship with Jared)  Btw they never did the 8th given the resources involved. 

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Absolutely agreed. Thanks for turning me on to this Doc! Excellent recording and performances.

JC

+10  The musicianship and the recording are great, but it wouldn't work without being just wonderful performances, as TubeLover says.  BTW, did you see her White Album?  Yes, two discs, all 30 songs...in order. WIld.

• 2 months later...

Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black - Amazon.com Music

This album is quite a journey, especially on my wonderful RAAL setup.  Yes, the album is quite produced, but it's a great listen.  I hadn't played it in awhile.  Roon (redbook)->HQplayer(352.8k)->Singzer SU-1->Holo Spring KTE->Schitt Jot-R->RAAL SP1a earspeakers->my brain+soul  :)

• 3 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, JoeWhip said:

image.jpeg.64805f623555f6c067441acd439dfc5b.jpeg

I have been listening to this recording over the past week or so. It is scheduled to be released on August 6th. For those who are fans of Ms. Barber and in particular her album Nightclub, you will love this album. It is available this weekend only at Nativedsd.com for purchasers in the US only. It was recorded by Jim Anderson at DXD resolution at 32/352.8 and is available at 24/352.8 and many flavors of DSD. The only PCM variant available is the DXD. I would not post about it because of the later release but it is being offered this weekend so......  I was offered the 32/352.8 file which Audirvana plays as 32/192 through my Schiit Yggy. The performances and song stylings are fantastic and the sound is another Jim Anderson masterpiece.

I am pleased to announce that, on Aug 6 (the actual release date of the album) NativeDSD will offer this album in full 32/352.8k that Jim Anderson sent us (label sent MTFFs of course).  Also we'll offer what I think is the first stereo DSD1024 album version, as well as a 32 bit DXD multichannel version, as well.  This goes along with the other DXD and DSD versions we often sell. 

Sorry for the promo.  😎

15 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Ted, the 32/352.8 file is huge. I can’t imagine how big a DSD 1024 file will be.

Well maybe we need to sell a Starbucks gift card with it and have some coffee while you wait.  😎  But seriously, yes we will look at upload speeds and try to determine some best practices for these larger and larger files.