Take two (or more) and call me in the morning,

Richard

Healing therapy of whatever kind the Apothecary provides is always welcome. I am happy your treatments are found successful. Oh yes, the drug that is our precious music. Such a seemingly simple remedy, yet so powerful & effective. Please sir, may I have some more? Two may not suffice!

In fact, two came in one with these unearthed hidden treasures. Found yesterday during a hunt, this double album jacket was so worn & water damaged as to be quite overlooked. Yet I felt I saw a glimmer of radiance trying desperately to break through. Oh so lucky, a quick spin on the vacuum record cleaner with proper soaps and voila! Riches discovered to be kept in the digitized vault as soon as possible. For the moment, analog play will be fine.

DSCF8268_zpsc1cb83df.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Jacksonville City Nights

51W3I31XBnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Superb Cardinals album, with two sublime tracks featuring Ryan and Norah Jones - Dear John (which she co-wrote with Ryan) and a cover of Always on my Mind.

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

Another of yesterday's finds........

Some lite fair for a change.....not too 'smooth' though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4273[/ATTACH]

Wow, what a find! Milt and Stanley!

Heard Turrentine with his Quartet in Washington, D.C. at a Jazz Club in Georgetown. Our table was about twenty feet away. He (they) played for about 90 minutes. Our host kept the champagne poured. It was just glorious.

Midnight Blue Hybrid SACD XLD conversion to AIFF. Kenny Burrell, Stanley Turrentine, Major Holley, Jr., Ray Barretto, Bill English. Excellent.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue.jpg

purcell.jpg

The Purcell Quartet: Purcell - Sonatas Vol. 1

SOURCES| Lindemann 825, Lindemann 820S ● MacBook Pro 2010 ◊ Audirvana Plus ● Acoustic Signature Storm ◊ SME IV ◊ Sumiko Blackbird

AMPS| Lindemann 830, Lindemann 858 ● Graham Slee Revelation

SPEAKERS| KEF Reference 205

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER| Nordost Thor

CABLING| Nordost: Valhalla XLR, Valhalla Speaker Cable + Valhalla Jumpers, Vishnu & Shiva ● Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB Cable Split Configuration ● Furutech: Lineflux XLR, Silver Arrows ● Oyaide Tunami GPX-R, Tunami GPX ● Klotz XLR to RCA

Augustus Pablo - East of the River Nile

...dubbed out brilliance

AugustusPablo-EastoftheRiverNile_zpsdbe301de.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Gustav Holst & Zubin Mehta: The Planets with Selections from John Williams' Star Wars Film Score. SHM-SACD Stereo. Revisited these works from over three decades ago now as an SHM-SACD edition. Enjoyed them both over 30 years ago, greatness abides.

Enjoying the heavens,

Richard

Holst The Planets.jpg

I heard this evening that Joshua Bell has taken on the role of cunductor & has released his effort with The Academy of St. Martin in the Fields.

Well wish to him. From Bow To Baton: Violinist Joshua Bell Conducts Beethoven : Deceptive Cadence : NPR

For my effort of lesser demand, I pass the mouse over the icon of Maestro Karajan & am treated to a classic, composed by a classic, performed by a classic of some V nice classical.

No. 4

Front.jpg

Bill

I

For my effort of lesser demand, I pass the mouse over the icon of Maestro Karajan & am treated to a classic, composed by a classic, performed by a classic of some V nice classical.

No. 4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4298[/ATTACH]

Hi Bill, which Karajan cycle is that (He did 3 on DG), from which period? And where do you find the 24/96 download?

Hi Bill, which Karajan cycle is that (He did 3 on DG), from which period? And where do you find the 24/96 download?

My apologies.

It is a 24/96 vinyl rip of the 1960's cycle.

The misleading image is the result of my relaxed vetting of the meta data automatically imported during the Foobar upload.

Bill

My apologies.

It is a 24/96 vinyl rip of the 1960's cycle.

The misleading image is the result of my relaxed vetting of the meta data automatically imported during the Foobar upload.

Thanks Bill. I was already wondering if I had misses something. The 60's cycle is great by the way.

elviscostello.jpg

Elvis Costello: This Years Model

SOURCES| Lindemann 825, Lindemann 820S ● MacBook Pro 2010 ◊ Audirvana Plus ● Acoustic Signature Storm ◊ SME IV ◊ Sumiko Blackbird

AMPS| Lindemann 830, Lindemann 858 ● Graham Slee Revelation

SPEAKERS| KEF Reference 205

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER| Nordost Thor

CABLING| Nordost: Valhalla XLR, Valhalla Speaker Cable + Valhalla Jumpers, Vishnu & Shiva ● Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB Cable Split Configuration ● Furutech: Lineflux XLR, Silver Arrows ● Oyaide Tunami GPX-R, Tunami GPX ● Klotz XLR to RCA

The 60's cycle is great by the way.

Agreed, the '60's cycle is basically the universally accepted benchmark.

Which one is 'best' is purely a personnel decision.

However, the erroneous image in my previous post has peaked my curiosity.

Possibly a SACD issue?

Bill

Agreed, the '60's cycle is basically the universally accepted benchmark.

Which one is 'best' is purely a personnel decision.

However, the erroneous image in my previous post has peaked my curiosity.

Possibly a SACD issue?

The 60's cycle is indeed available on SACD but I had never seen a high res PCM version yet.

The 60's cycle is indeed available on SACD but I had never seen a high res PCM version yet.

Well, while we wait.......how about some classical Latin in a classical venue......

Front.jpg

an exceptional 24/96 rip from vinyl, wonderful dynamics, quiet as a thief in the Louvre......just a joy to enjoy.

Bill

Well, while we wait.......how about some classical Latin in a classical venue......

an exceptional 24/96 rip from vinyl, wonderful dynamics, quiet as a thief in the Louvre......just a joy to enjoy.

Hey I'm playing this too!

I believe since you both are playing this at the same time, neither one of you can speak now..... lol!!!

Lambchop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4306[/ATTACH]

Excellent choice HiFi!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC