IGNORED

The HD music fft atlas reference thread

Probably a blood-laden, pregnant mosquito.

HA!

I wonder if those numbers on the vertical axis could be made any smaller? ;)

:P

The picture is quite big so if you open it via the attachment you can zoom into its full size and easily read the axes. But I think you know that already... :)

Listening Room: ALIX.2D2 (Voyage MPD) --> Arcam rDAC --> Marantz PM-15S2 --> Quadral Wotan Mk V

Drinking Room: ALIX.2D2 --> M2Tech hiFace 2 --> Cambridge Audio Azur 740C --> Rotel RC-06/RB-06 --> B&W XT4

Home head-fi: Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD 650

On the go head-fi: Sennheiser IE 8

My CD rip has a slightly higher dynamic range than my 24/96 flac download.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Interesting...thanks for the info! I really don't get what they're trying to achieve by compressing these recordings more and more.

Listening Room: ALIX.2D2 (Voyage MPD) --> Arcam rDAC --> Marantz PM-15S2 --> Quadral Wotan Mk V

Drinking Room: ALIX.2D2 --> M2Tech hiFace 2 --> Cambridge Audio Azur 740C --> Rotel RC-06/RB-06 --> B&W XT4

Home head-fi: Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD 650

On the go head-fi: Sennheiser IE 8

OK--Here's the first movement of the Kleiber Beethoven 5, that I ripped from the DVD-A. Compared to the one from HDtracks posted a few posts above, there's no ultrasonic DSD noise, for one thing. Not sure what's going on from about 7:10 to the end, though.

Beethoven5-Kleiber.png

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

• 2 weeks later...

This is about as perfect a hi-res spectrum as I've ever seen. It's the last movement of the Bartok Viola Concerto from a brand-new recording of Bartok's Violin & Viola Concertos with James Ehnes on Chandos that I just downloaded from The Classical Shop. Would that all hi-res recordings be as clean as this one!

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Also from Chandos (via The Classical Shop). This time it's the first movement of the Bartok Piano Concerto No. 2 with Blavouzet (from an album of all 3 Bartok Piano Concertos). Another really clean spectrum, with great HF extension.

Russell

Solo piano this time: Liszt's "Annees de Pelerinage" with Lortie. (This spectrum is of the "Orage" movement.) Think a solo piano has limited frequency range? Looks like there are definite harmonics approaching 40kHz in at least one spot. (And it does sound great as well!

Russell

Sounds great. The Redbook was good, this is noticeably better in every parameter. Attachment is the title song.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This looks pretty clean, something analog humming along at 29k, no clipping whatsoever. :-)

Not much reason to release as 192k, though, 96k would cover this 100% if I understand these correctly...

Shunyata Power -> 2011 Mac Mini -> OYAIDE NEO d+ FireWire -> Weiss DAC 202 -> Dual Mono McIntosh 2102 -> 2x Double Shotgun Clear Day Cables -> B&W 803D