IGNORED

Stereophile's "Dolby Atmos: a Bleak Shadow?" - LOL

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

I'm not sure what the fuss is about ... reading the article, the thrust is

So, something equivalent to using MP3 to archive recording masters, is what this is about. Since most audiophiles have to wash out their mouths with soap after uttering the word "MP3", :), I can understand why Stereophile would raise concerns. Personally, I have no issues with competent compression - but I would be strongly against any storage or distribution method which effectively "threw away information" as being the only, normal, choice.

Not correct at all. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

13 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Going back to that Stereophile article,

My goodness, YouTube standard MP3 sounds like a good deal in comparison to this, :).

And,

Well, that would fill anyone with confidence that Apple will do the "right thing" by the customer, wouldn't it? ^_^

I encourage you to continue in your ongoing thread(s), rather than in this one. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, garrardguy60 said:

It's interesting that Apple (the IP owner) and Universal (the distributor) decided that sales of the (more appealing to a broader) mass market Beatles Blue and Red would NOT be worth the expense of creating a Super Deluxe with the Atmos fixes on a blu ray. (And so, as discussed, Red and Blue are only streamed in lossy Atmos by Apple Music.)

ON THE OTHER HAND, Apple and Universal also seem to have decided that Lennon's Mind Games NEEDS TO HAVE an Atmos blu ray included. As a John first Beatles fan, I concur. There'd be little reason for me to buy Mind Games without the attraction of a fully lossless Atmos disc.

COROLLARY:  Lossless Atmos on blu ray is now even more attractive to me as a consumer. Because I now know that if I don't snap up the lossless Atmos blu ray, I will have to live with lossy stream on Apple Music otherwise. At least until the next major BW leap, which'll not be for a while. Also, if you have Spotify -- I don't move to Apple Music because it's a PITA to use in HT/MC, not cause of the cost -- the blu rays are your only option.

One possible way to look at this is - The Beatles albums without a Blu-ray Atmos release all stem form the AI software that pulled the audio apart. Perhaps this software isn't read for the close up that Blu-ray would give it. 

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Sorry but can you rephrase in other English please. I don’t get any of it.

Sure. 

The oldest albums were remixed for Atmos using Peter Jackson’s AI that pulled apart the instruments because multitracks aren’t available. Nothing that has used this process has been released in TrueHD. 

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-beatles-revolver-stereo-remix-ai-tech