IGNORED

Moving Audirvana Remote to MacBook Air/Pro - is it possible?

hi all,

I'm tired of swiping up, down, across on an iPad's for Audirvana Remote. I would prefer a mouse driven, keyboard input rather than sub optimal iPad quirky human interface. I like to browse while listening, and the swiping is really starting to annoy, such as half swipe up, or completely swipe up, quick access, swipe down right hand corner, enough!

Can any of the new m series Macbooks install Audirvana Remote?

If not, I can remote Desktop to the Windows machine to change the settings and select music, but would rather use the Audirvana Remote.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

OK, I spent a little time this morning testing it. I had some trouble getting Audirvana remote to find the computers running Audirvana Studio on my network, so I just launched both the remote and desktop app on the same machine. 

The remote experience on a Mac is a bit underwhelming. The app is made for iOS devices and that's about it. The window can't be resized larger and the views appear to be hard coded. Here's a sample of the new albums on Tidal. I wish I could view larger album covers in something other than a list format, but I don't think I can in the app on Mac. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 10.47.27 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks all, it depends then, I take it that @Jud and @The Computer Audiophile have Sonoma installed? On my mac mini, the System settings looks very much like iOS, with categories all over the place, I suppose that's sorted by relevance....

I'm keen to use the MacBook instead of the PC, since the 4k screen for a PC is a jump of several hundreds of $, whereas the Retina on the MacBook is good enough for what I need at 2k. Looks like Audirvana Remote can be installed, @Jud, the resizing of the album covers was not that much to begin with on iOS. Cover Art can take up the whole page just about, but you need to tap into the track played.

I see JPLAY can be installed as well on Mac with Sonoma, but I might try that sw in another year again, I found stability a bit so-so and the layout OK (ish), Audirvana remote is a easier on the eye and can't beat the SQ.

Will certainly look out for the official Audirvana Remote release once the latest beta is superseded.

6 hours ago, One and a half said:

Thanks all, it depends then, I take it that @Jud and @The Computer Audiophile have Sonoma installed? On my mac mini, the System settings looks very much like iOS, with categories all over the place, I suppose that's sorted by relevance....

I'm keen to use the MacBook instead of the PC, since the 4k screen for a PC is a jump of several hundreds of $, whereas the Retina on the MacBook is good enough for what I need at 2k. Looks like Audirvana Remote can be installed, @Jud, the resizing of the album covers was not that much to begin with on iOS. Cover Art can take up the whole page just about, but you need to tap into the track played.

I see JPLAY can be installed as well on Mac with Sonoma, but I might try that sw in another year again, I found stability a bit so-so and the layout OK (ish), Audirvana remote is a easier on the eye and can't beat the SQ.

Will certainly look out for the official Audirvana Remote release once the latest beta is superseded.

JPLAY app can be installed on M CPU equipped Macs. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 months later...

JPlay works, just like on the iPad.

The problems of updating are the same, Minimserver needs a rescan which is quick, but adding new audio takes a while. Updating is very much a manual affair, with Audirvana it's automatic and very fast. If there's a short cut, am willing to give it a shot. As far as operating on MacOS that's a side issue, main concept is that JPLAY works on MacOs.

3 hours ago, One and a half said:

Updating is very much a manual affair, with Audirvana it's automatic and very fast. If there's a short cut, am willing to give it a shot.

I agree: Is there possibility in JPLAY to automatically run sync at app start?

9 minutes ago, enregistree said:

to automatically run sync at app start

Are you aware that a sync takes few minutes (on my side around 15’) to complete and that most of the times it is totally unuseful if there are no changes to sync or if a mediaserver rescan was not issued?

Stefano

My audio system

33 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Are you aware that a sync takes few minutes (on my side around 15’) to complete and that most of the times it is totally unuseful if there are no changes to sync or if a mediaserver rescan was not issued?

I would love to have it as an option. 

Here it takes less than 30 seconds (sync new)