IGNORED

HQplayer 5 and Holo Audio

Bushikai

https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/how-is-dsd512-transmitted/
Using DoP (DSD over PCM) DSD is sent as a 16-bit chunk per PCM sample. So DSD (64) requires 4 PCM samples to hold 64 DSD bits and thus it needs to be sent as 176.4kHz PCM and thus DSD128 via DoP requires 352.8kHz PCM and DSD256 via DoP requires 705.6kHz PCM.

It means DoP DSD512 can work only if device supports 1411.2kHz PCM.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, Bushikai said:

20231103_113456.thumb.jpg.50795247c714ad6b9849490824bb0a3c.jpg

You have not granted HQPlayer access to audio inputs. This is not relevant for this case, but it will keep reminding you about this case.

20231103_094739.thumb.jpg.0d8714dc214258627cc4cb8a7868f249.jpg

You have macOS default audio output device selected, what ever that is. In normal cases Default should be the Mac's built-in audio and certainly not the one you want to use with HQPlayer, but something else.

In addition, your default output mode is "[source]" meaning that all PCM is output as PCM and DSD is output as DSD. Something you usually wouldn't want to do.

20231103_094617.thumb.jpg.d7a3e64060ece01be34930dbe74790a0.jpg

If you don't need the input feature, set input backend to "[none]".

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

5 minutes ago, Bushikai said:

How do I grant HQPlayer access to audio inputs?

If you didn't at the initial prompt, you can do it in System Preferences -> Security. What macOS and Windows labels as "microphone" access actually means any audio input. On macOS, not having the permissions produces just silence - no failure. On Windows it produces failure.

This is unrelated to your main issue though, just semi-annoying nagging though. Main issue is that your macOS default output should be set to some semi-useless device where you want to get all the "*bling* you've got new email!" -sounds. And your actual music output device selected in HQPlayer. If macOS decides to attempt rate-converting and mixing your email notification sound and DoP encoded DSD audio from HQPlayer, output will be just noisy junk. Since macOS has absolutely no idea about what DSD is.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bushikai said:

I bougth the new license for the 5.2.0. My Mac mini still in the shop waiting to be fix and I don't know if I have to reinstall the HQPlayer. I installed the new version 5.3.0 meanwhile on my laptop but is asking me for the key license.

The HQPe license is for the specific fingerprint of a pc, if you requested it for the MM that is in the shop to be repaired and installed HQPe on another laptop the fingerprint is different, that’s why you’re asked for the license

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, cpasmoi said:

Hello

I would like to know if the parameters of HQPE to DAC holo Spring 3 level 2 by usb are ok

I cannot do DSD convolution beyond 512 , I am limited by the processor 

thank you for your feedback

cpasmoi

1 er écran paramètres HQPe 5.3.0 DAC Holo Sring 3.png

2 ème écran paramètres HQPe 5.3.0 DAC Holo Sring 3.png

Hi Jean-Luc,

It would probably be easier to produce DSD1024 if you untick the DoP box. DoP is limited to DSD512 on the Holo Spring...

On 11/18/2023 at 1:26 AM, Bushikai said:

My HD broke down i need to download the HQplayer 5.2.0  in my laptop but is asking me for the registration key????

You can find your key file attached to the original delivery email from mycommerce.com

I also recommend to store backup copy of you key file in a safe place, such as your Google Drive or iCloud Drive.

I connect my Mac Mini using it's NetworkAudioAdaptor IPv6, thence via HQP 5 and on to my NAA etc.

My problem is that the volume control on the amp is within only a few clicks from max. I have tried 2 different amps - with the same result. HQP 5 is set to -3dBfs.

Is it possible to vary the signal output level on the Mini ethernet connection ?

Obviously a preamp would do the trick - at some extra cost!

9 hours ago, Schafheide said:

I connect my Mac Mini using it's NetworkAudioAdaptor IPv6, thence via HQP 5 and on to my NAA etc.

My problem is that the volume control on the amp is within only a few clicks from max. I have tried 2 different amps - with the same result. HQP 5 is set to -3dBfs.

Is it possible to vary the signal output level on the Mini ethernet connection ?

Obviously a preamp would do the trick - at some extra cost!

What is your NAA? And is the DAC May or Spring with the new USB module? And you are doing output in PCM mode?

Because it would be highly unusual that you would be that much short of gain. Some regular integrated amplifier and loudspeakers?