IGNORED

Article: A Great Experience At Axpona 2023

SVS, Emotiva, and Focal each had one running.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

I have been to every AXPONA but one, since they came to Chicago, and this one was the best one so far.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

23 minutes ago, botrytis said:

SVS, Emotiva, and Focal each had one running.

Devialet had one with its Dione soundbar as well. One thing I learned when talking to the Devialet guys is that the Phantom II speaker can be customized with Dante / AES67 input, enabling audio over IP. I could then send 7.1.4 Atmos from a Mac directly to 12 Phantoms!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

After Munich last year and Axpona this year, the people setting up rooms at these shows are REALLY out of practice after the pandemic. There were so many poorly set up rooms, made 10x worse by choices in music that sounded like absolute crap with the room issues

when folks in the rooms really had good ears or cared about music, it was very clear. Alas many rooms did not. 

show conditions are challenging, but you have to be able to adapt and play to your strengths

pro tip to exhibitors: the best sales strategy is to be as passionate about music as all your potential customers. 

that being said, it was a marvelous weekend. So nice to be back IRL with real humans. The capper for me was being able to see Amber Rumbarth live Saturday night. Such an amazing talent. 

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

I have set up rooms, like this, so I know. I did 4 different rooms at 4 different audiokarma.org audio events where the me,bers showed rooms. I really enjoyed it.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 6 months later...

Two songs that left a major impression on me in this room were Dua Lipa's acoustic version of Golden Slumbers and Carmen Gomes Inc.'s version of Thousand Shades of Blue. On Shades of Blue, this system reproduced the bass and drums with absolute perfection. The air around the snare drum was reproduced beautifully! On Dua Lipa's Golden Slumbers, the system reproduced her glossy vocals exactly as they should've been reproduced. It isn't an audiophile track and has a pop gloss to it. I loved every minute of this guilty pleasure. 

That album is one of the first albums I put on as well when listening to new equipment. It's a classic.

carmen-gomes-inc-thousand-shades-of-blues