IGNORED

The best audio system in the world regardless of price (according to A.I.)

News item:

A Paralyzed Man Can Walk Naturally Again With Brain and Spine Implants

Gert-Jan Oskam was living in China in 2011 when he was in a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the hips down. Now, with a combination of devices, scientists have given him control over his lower body again.

“For 12 years I’ve been trying to get back my feet,” Mr. Oskam said in a press briefing on Tuesday. “Now I have learned how to walk normal, natural.”

In the new study, the brain-spine interface, as the researchers called it, took advantage of an artificial intelligence thought decoder to read Mr. Oskam’s intentions — detectable as electrical signals in his brain — and match them to muscle movements. The etiology of natural movement, from thought to intention to action, was preserved. The only addition, as Dr. Courtine described it, was the digital bridge spanning the injured parts of the spine.

Grimm Audio MU2 > Mola Mola Makua > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables: Kubala-Sosna    Power management: Shunyata    Room: Vicoustics    Ethernet: Network Acoustics Muon Pro

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

18 hours ago, PYP said:

News item:

A Paralyzed Man Can Walk Naturally Again With Brain and Spine Implants

Gert-Jan Oskam was living in China in 2011 when he was in a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the hips down. Now, with a combination of devices, scientists have given him control over his lower body again.

“For 12 years I’ve been trying to get back my feet,” Mr. Oskam said in a press briefing on Tuesday. “Now I have learned how to walk normal, natural.”

In the new study, the brain-spine interface, as the researchers called it, took advantage of an artificial intelligence thought decoder to read Mr. Oskam’s intentions — detectable as electrical signals in his brain — and match them to muscle movements. The etiology of natural movement, from thought to intention to action, was preserved. The only addition, as Dr. Courtine described it, was the digital bridge spanning the injured parts of the spine.

Read about it yesterday, also highly impressed!

Big possibilities, huge danger.

Microsoft President Brad Smith called today for the people behind artificial intelligence to be held accountable for shortcomings and urged lawmakers to ensure that safety brakes be put on AI used to control the electric grid, water supply and other critical infrastructure.
For weeks, lawmakers in Washington have struggled with what laws to pass to control AI even as companies large and small have raced to bring increasingly versatile AI to market.
In a blog post on Thursday, Smith emphasized the need for accountability.
"This is the fundamental need to ensure that machines remain subject to effective oversight by people and the people who design and operate machines remain accountable to everyone else. In short, we must always ensure that AI remains under human control," he wrote.
As part of a five-point blueprint for public governance of AI, Smith urged that special attention be paid to the electric grid, water systems and other critical infrastructure. "New laws would require operators of these systems to build safety brakes into high-risk AI systems by design," he wrote in the blog.
He urged use of a "Know Your Customer"-style system for developers of powerful AI models to keep tabs on how their technology is used and to inform the public of what content AI is creating so they can identify faked videos.
Last week, Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, the startup behind ChatGPT, told a Senate panel in his first appearance before Congress that use of artificial intelligence to interfere with election integrity is a "significant area of concern", adding that it needs regulation.
Altman, whose OpenAI is backed by Microsoft, also called for global cooperation on AI and incentives for safety compliance.
Some proposals being considered on Capitol Hill would focus on AI that may put people's lives or livelihoods at risk, like in medicine and finance. Others are pushing for rules to ensure AI is not used to discriminate or violate civil rights.
The concern has led to a flurry of meetings, including a White House visit this month by the CEOs of OpenAI, Microsoft and Alphabet Inc (Google). President Joe Biden met with the CEOs.
I will only repeat once again - let's hope lawmakers and low enforcement will be quick and efficient enough to protect us to a sufficient degree, if we leave it all to the market which actually means corporate greed, our future may be even more uncertain..

Ps.

Elon Musk's brain-implant company Neuralink said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had given the green light to its first-in-human clinical trial, a critical milestone after earlier struggles to gain approval.

The FDA nod "represents an important first step that will one day allow our technology to help many people," Neuralink said in a tweet. It did not elaborate on the aims of the study, saying only that it was not recruiting yet and more details would be available soon.

Just add AI to the future brain chip and the race towards being brighter than other ones for the price of the chip will begin! 

😎

4 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Elon Musk's brain-implant company Neuralink said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had given the green light to its first-in-human clinical trial, a critical milestone after earlier struggles to gain approval.

The FDA nod "represents an important first step that will one day allow our technology to help many people," Neuralink said in a tweet. It did not elaborate on the aims of the study, saying only that it was not recruiting yet and more details would be available soon.

Just add AI to the future brain chip and the race towards being brighter than other ones for the price of the chip will begin! 

😎

"Musk envisions brain implants could cure a range of conditions including obesity, autism, depression and schizophrenia as well as enabling web browsing and telepathy. He made headlines late last year when he said he was so confident in the devices' safety that he would be willing to implant them in his children."

Probably will provide a hotline to Twitter too.  The FDA is usually conservative about allowing clinical trials where someone is opening a subject's head and/or wiring their brain.  But, hey, Elon is a genius.  Do you want telepathy or not?

Well, this is very relevant to audio because it spells the end to all audio equipment that sits in a room.  Why do you need that?  I can connect Qobuz directly to my brain.  Sure, there will be fighting about resolution and MQA will make a comeback and reinvigorate the thread here on AS, but this will all be a huge improvement and a nice investment.

Cables: Kubala-Sosna    Power management: Shunyata    Room: Vicoustics    Ethernet: Network Acoustics Muon Pro

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

2 hours ago, PYP said:

"Musk envisions brain implants could cure a range of conditions including obesity, autism, depression and schizophrenia as well as enabling web browsing and telepathy. He made headlines late last year when he said he was so confident in the devices' safety that he would be willing to implant them in his children."

Probably will provide a hotline to Twitter too.  The FDA is usually conservative about allowing clinical trials where someone is opening a subject's head and/or wiring their brain.  But, hey, Elon is a genius.  Do you want telepathy or not?

Well, this is very relevant to audio because it spells the end to all audio equipment that sits in a room.  Why do you need that?  I can connect Qobuz directly to my brain.  Sure, there will be fighting about resolution and MQA will make a comeback and reinvigorate the thread here on AS, but this will all be a huge improvement and a nice investment.

He couldn't fix Twitter and he wants to put chips into humans? No thank you. He is under investigation for falsifying documents for this company.

U.S. regulators rejected Elon Musk’s bid to test brain chips in humans (reuters.com)

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

2 hours ago, PYP said:

Well, this is very relevant to audio because it spells the end to all audio equipment that sits in a room.  Why do you need that?  I can connect Qobuz directly to my brain.

I've been repeating that for decades. Really. Only according to my vision 'Qobuz' will be also under your skull (I hate the idea of streaming). I have almost 20 thousand albums now I guess before the first successful brain chips get connected to Musk's fans storing that (despite the fact that 75% of my music is hi-res) storing something like that inside a 1 square mm space will not be a problem. In addition:

1 minute ago, PYP said:

I have a very strong feeling that you will change your mind about Musk once you have one of his chips in your head!  

Resistance is futile.  Everyone to Mars!

How would stream Qobuz on Mars, that doesn't make sense!

2 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I've been repeating that for decades. Really. Only according to my vision 'Qobuz' will be also under your skull (I hate the idea of streaming). I have almost 20 thousand albums now I guess before the first successful brain chips get connected to Musk's fans storing that (despite the fact that 75% of my music is hi-res) storing something like that inside a 1 square mm space will not be a problem. In addition:

How would stream Qobuz on Mars, that doesn't make sense!

Roon ARC, of course.  Get with the program. 

57 minutes ago, PYP said:

I have a very strong feeling that you will change your mind about Musk once you have one of his chips in your head!  

Resistance is futile.  Everyone to Mars!

Sorry not this little human. I will keep all my flaws. TYVM!

Exclusive: Musk’s Neuralink faces federal probe, employee backlash over animal tests | Reuters

If this is possible anything is.

I am not this bad though...

21q4u3.webp

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

52 minutes ago, PYP said:

Roon ARC, of course.  Get with the program. 

@Elon  that's for my friend, I can do without, 2 channels please but don't try that with those guys:

They can prove immersi.. I mean merciless in such circumstances.

Also lots of lossy deblurring in case of Bob Stuart, his mind may be something blurry after recent MQA ltd successes, he may also have some trauma connected with these events that he might want to get rid of..

14 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I will keep all my flaws.

No, you won't. No-one will. You will also be perfect (at last)..

14 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Exclusive: Musk’s Neuralink faces federal probe, employee backlash over animal tests | Reuters

BBC 2 hours ago (we are already quicker on this thread, what will it be like after our chips add some extra speed.?):

Neuralink: Elon Musk's brain chip firm wins US approval for human study

50 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Sorry not this little human. I will keep all my flaws. TYVM!

I feel for you, I really do.  But you may soon find yourself marrying younger women (several over a relatively short time) and having lots of kids with names like Zaphod Beeblebrox.  

It won't be long before we will all say "We are all Elon" and actually mean it.  Linked by the invisible thread of his chips, we will sink into the OverElon consciousness and surrender all earthly belongings to ElonCorp.   There, basking in his ElonLight, we will have evolved to our true human potential.  Emperor Elon will be delighted.  

2 minutes ago, PYP said:

Linked by the invisible thread of his chips, we will sink into the OverElon consciousness and surrender all earthly belongings to ElonCorp.

And then turn into Soylent Green.?

Ok, soylent green time..

5aee1d010805e884bf69d5ba5b048a6a.jpg

il_570xN.2647194064_g6t1.jpg

soylentrecycling.jpg?ssl=1

3 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

And then turn into Soylent Green.?

As Lord Elon says:  To be recycled, it to be blessed.  What music would you like during your transition?  

What music did Sol Roth choose before he became soylent green?  10 points for a correct answer.  No cheating, please!

5 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Did he have a choice.? Classical.?

yes and yes.  

AI to the rescue in the litigious society:

The lawsuit began like so many others: A man named Roberto Mata sued the airline Avianca, saying he was injured when a metal serving cart struck his knee during a flight to Kennedy International Airport in New York.

When Avianca asked a Manhattan federal judge to toss out the case, Mr. Mata’s lawyers vehemently objected, submitting a 10-page brief that cited more than half a dozen relevant court decisions. There was Martinez v. Delta Air Lines, Zicherman v. Korean Air Lines and, of course, Varghese v. China Southern Airlines, with its learned discussion of federal law and “the tolling effect of the automatic stay on a statute of limitations.”

There was just one hitch: No one — not the airline’s lawyers, not even the judge himself — could find the decisions or the quotations cited and summarized in the brief.

That was because ChatGPT had invented everything.

The lawyer who created the brief, Steven A. Schwartz of the firm Levidow, Levidow & Oberman, threw himself on the mercy of the court on Thursday, saying in an affidavit that he had used the artificial intelligence program to do his legal research — “a source that has revealed itself to be unreliable.”

1 hour ago, PYP said:

That was because ChatGPT had invented everything.

I can cofirm that 95% of my research on GPT3 cites sources that don't exist - with an high probaility that these could exist

An example about Minting in Butte Montana ...

Does Butte Montana has also a rich minting history ?

ChatGPT

Yes, Butte, Montana has a rich minting history as well. Butte was founded in the late 19th century as a mining town, and it quickly became one of the most important centers of copper production in the United States.

In the early 20th century, the city was home to several large copper mines, including the Anaconda Copper Mine, which was one of the largest copper mines in the world at the time. The production of copper in Butte was so significant that the city became known as "the richest hill on earth."

As a result of the city's mining industry, Butte also became an important center for minting. The Anaconda Copper Mining Company, which owned the copper mines in Butte, established a mint in the city in 1884. The mint produced gold and silver coins, as well as commemorative medallions and other items.

The Anaconda Mint was known for its high-quality coins, which were popular among collectors and investors. In addition to producing coins for the Anaconda Copper Mining Company, the mint also produced coins for other companies and organizations.

The Anaconda Mint closed in 1935, but its legacy lives on. Today, the city of Butte is home to several museums and historical sites that celebrate the city's mining and minting history, including the World Museum of Mining and the Copper King Mansion.
User
please lend me a source to ensure you didnT make that up ?

ChatGPT

Certainly! Here are a few sources to confirm the information I provided: "Butte, Montana: A History of the Mining and Smelting City" by Michael P. Malone
"Butte: An Unfinished Story" by George Everett
"Anaconda Copper Mining Company Records, 1876-1976" at the Montana Historical Society Research Center
"The Anaconda Copper Mint: Its History and Coinage" by David E. Schenkman, published in The Numismatist (Vol. 115, No. 6, June 2002)    "The Anaconda Copper Mint: Its History and Coinage" by David E. Schenkman, published in The Nummatist (Vol. 115, No. 6, June 2002)

I hope this helps!
User
The Anaconda Copper Mint: Its History and Coinage" by David E. Schenkman, published in The Numismatist (Vol. 115, No. 6, June 2002)
This one doesnt exist but nice try to fake me into believeing

ChatGPT

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. You are correct that the citation I provided is incorrect. I strive to provide accurate information, and I apologize for any confusion my mistake may have caused.

Here is a corrected source for information on the Anaconda Copper Mint in Butte, Montana:

"The Story of Montana's Pioneer Mint and How Its Coins Were Made" by Harold E. Pucket, published in the Montana Magazine (Vol. 9, No. 1, 1959).

Again, I apologize for the error in my previous response and any inconvenience it may have caused. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Cheat GPT

For the butt, if you would ask me ;-)

Here is something from linkedin. ChatGTP was used to write this legal document. The problem? None of the legal references cited exists. As I said, AI is only as good as the programmer and what it is fed. 

gov.uscourts.nysd.575368.32.1.pdf

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

16 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Hey, one never knows.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

When did it all start to go wrong?

My theory:  MTV destroyed human ability to concentrate.  Music Video directors produced videos with quicker and quicker cuts.  Viewers could barely grasp one image before the next one appeared.  Overexposure to this technique must have done some damage to the still developing brains of young viewers.

How many people can "deep read" today.   Congress people don't read the bills they vote on.  How many people finished "Infinite Jest".   

How do we explain the division and hate that grips America today?  What happened to respectful political discourse?

When they killed the radio star, they may have killed something much more precious.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

1 hour ago, NOMBEDES said:

When did it all start to go wrong?

My theory:  MTV destroyed human ability to concentrate.  Music Video directors produced videos with quicker and quicker cuts.  Viewers could barely grasp one image before the next one appeared.  Overexposure to this technique must have done some damage to the still developing brains of young viewers.

How many people can "deep read" today.   Congress people don't read the bills they vote on.  How many people finished "Infinite Jest".   

How do we explain the division and hate that grips America today?  What happened to respectful political discourse?

When they killed the radio star, they may have killed something much more precious.

It is self-involvement, self-entitled attitudes that is sinking everything, nothing more.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590