I should also note that JPLAY for iOS has a partner program for manufacturers. If people want to see manufacturers of their hardware support JPLAY for iOS, they may want to reach out to the manufacturers. I know they listen to customers about this stuff. They are often too busy to follow the developments themselves. 

https://jplay.app/partner-program

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Spacecase said:

There's nothing exotic about how my setup is configured. I'm happy to provide any logs or debugging info you may need, but JPlay is the only app that has issue discovering my servers and renderer. So I do not believe the problem is on my end.  Additionally, my solution with MPD is the exact same thing used in sonore products

Sonore products have the option to function like UPnP or openHome renderers. There's a check box for apps like JRiver to work with them etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

If there is no VPN connection, my HQPe->NAA cannot be found by Jplay,

But as soon as you connect to the VPN, everything goes well!

Please see my connection diagram:

ericcatz

IMG-0111a.jpg

That's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. VPN, if it routes traffic through the VPN, would make it so nothing on your network can be seen by your device. 

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

It’s not a Minimserver “issue” but a choice in JPlay, Minimserver can read Artist and AlbumArtist (note the tag name whiteout blanks) but unfortunately JPlay does fill Artists with Artist tag metadata.

This is true in My Library and Local Network Artists view

image.thumb.jpeg.890a6cd4e4deb5de0bcd79fccda81abf.jpeg

AlbumArtist tag is shown only in album details view

image.thumb.jpeg.cbac817278f460182fe8752607c049eb.jpeg

A workaround could be to use the Artist.merge property in Minimserver tagValue option that should be as follow:

Artist.merge={AlbumArtist}

in this way Artist and AlbumArtist will be merged in the Artist tag.

To use this property the paid Minimserver is needed.

Gapless is not a Minimserver “thing” in the sense that it works without exception, I use SOtM sMS200/MPD&DLNA, RoPieeeXL/UPNP/DLNA (on Raspberry Pi4) and HQPlayer embedded as UPNP renderers without any gapless issue.

Gapless mostly depends on the renderer and not on the UPNP server (Minimserver) at all.

What renderer are you using and which is its configuration in JPlay?

This seems to be a issue due to some damaged tracks and the conversion to dsf that works is a proof.

It happened to me too and I solved it opening the tracks in Audacity and exporting them as flac again.

…. it seems that the root causes of your issues are not related to Minimserver then switching to another mediaserver will not solve them.

I’m a long time (10 years more or less) Minimserver user and I know it quite well, if you need some support please ask, I’ll be glad to help you.

I knew you'd come through with such great information. 

P.S. I'm working on my JPLAY iOS review and keep asking myself, I wonder if @stefano_mbp will be correcting half of what I write because he eats, sleeps, and breathes this stuff :~)

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, JazzDoc2 said:

I have just stopped using JPLAY iOS in my dual PC JPLAY Femto setup, six months into my subscription. I found that there were issues with the display of cover art which, while annoying, were not a deal breaker. I stopped using it due to the fact that selecting an album would, on a daily basis, result in the playback of a completely different album, although the JPLAY iOS screen displayed the selected album. All customer support provided by PLAY failed to fix the problem. It's not for me. I've gone back to BubbleUPnP. It doesn't sound quite as good as JPLAY iOS but it works 100% reliably.

Very strange. I use it all the time and have never seen that. I wonder why that happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bbosler said:

No, I haven't read this whole thread but I have a question,

I have Qobuz on my Windows PC playing via HDMI into my processor.  I would like to use an app on a tablet to control it so I thought JPlay would do that since I can load it on my iPAD and it sees my Qobuz library, but all it will do is AirPlay to my processor. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and trying to get it to do something it isn't capable of?

If I'm confused about JPlay's capabilities. is there an app that can control Qobuz on my PC so I can get the high resolution files instead of AirPlay?

thanks

Does your processor support UPnP or DLNA? That’s the preferred way to use JPLAY.