IGNORED

Axpona 2022

Correction - the Theoretica system is on 14th floor.  I was able to get 40 minutes by myself this morning and will have more detail later.  This is a not to be missed exhibit!  Try to nab time with him end of day with fewer people around. Ask for his 1950s symphonic stereo recordings in addition to his binaural recordings; the effect is basically the same.  

One final observation - while we are all aware of the necessity of burning in new speakers, I have not seen much discussion about the need to burn in used speakers that have been moved.  Recently I acquired used Magico A3s which on first

listen sounded like absolute bassy trash, making me think I would most likely sell them.  Well, after several days of burn-in they began to sound much more balanced and coherent.  Doubters will say my ears were simply getting used to the sound; I can only plead my impression of the magnitude of change.  I wonder which speakers may be particularly susceptible to the need for a lengthy burn-in after transportation, based on what I felt were fairly poor showings by a few highly lauded models.