IGNORED

We've got war in Europe..

5 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I wouldn't want to offend you but that's probably the biggest portion of bull's excrements in someone's 4min talk that I've ever heard.

That's fine buddy, I don't have personal emotional investment in what Martyanov says. I just felt there was need here for some balance.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, issued a reminder that he had the authority to investigate war crimes inside Ukraine

He'd make a good start if he investigated the goings on in Odessa May 2nd 2014. But of course he won't go there, too big a can of worms to open.

Just one more remark. I know people from Eastern Europe a little.

They are fighters to the point, in case of many of them, being ready to pay with their lives in fight for the independence.

Curious - if its about independence, didn't they see the need to fight the 2014 coup or were they fully on-board with the result of that?

5 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

No its typical and fitting of todays mindset.

Its typical of 'cancel culture' and in that way extreme censorship has been normalized. Its similar to what happens in China (where I reside), except their version is even more extreme, they don't do 'cancellation' by halves here they actively erase all traces of the cancelled person online.

Apropo of censorship, I read this morning that FB has just uncensored support for Azov Battalion (an openly neo-nazi group allied with the military in Ukraine since 2014).

1 minute ago, Dynobot said:

Thats because anything thats pro-Ukraine is good right now.

Sure, yet it was 'bad' only three years ago in 2019 when support of that group was banned on FB. Prior to then I can only suppose it was 'good' or perhaps they'd not given it any thought?

20 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

Well you're about to get banned for not being anti-Putin....probably me too.

If Chris is in agreement with banning then yes. Which would be a victory for Western agitprop over common sense.

This morning on her Substack, Celia Farber is saying that the only 'Western' journalist in Donbass is completely unknown to the legacy media. I must admit I'd not heard of him before, his name is Patrick Lancaster.  I commend his work if you're after relatively non-partisan journalism.

Here's his latest report on YT (you'll need to enable subtitles). I wonder how long it'll stay up :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDKUCMNL6oU

Do you think that the Chinese annexation of Tibet was justified and do you regret that the Chinese didn't kill more than 20% of Tibetans after invading Tibet.?

Do you also regret we didn't allow eventual Hitler and Eva Braun honeymoon trip beginning in Lisbon and ending with a great party in Beijing with his Japanese friends and a few blonde, Chinese with proven Aryan roots left alive.? 

First two - no, and no.

Last one - no.

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I don't believe you, sorry, taking into account all that you've said here.

Both invasions are very similar in their essence, comrade.

Its perfectly fine that you consider me to be lying, apology not required. I would posit that's down to your cognitive map lacking one (or more) dimension(s). 

Here are a couple more perspectives. The first is by a Russian who trained as a nuclear engineer, the second a former member of Reagan's economic inner circle. Here's an excerpt from the Russian piece :

People who are now speaking out against Russia’s military action in the Ukraine need to answer a simple question: Where have you been for the last eight years while the carnage in Donetsk and Lugansk was going on, while people were being burned alive in Odessa, while the Ukrainian government organized terrorist operations on Russian territory and while the entire Ukrainian population has been forced to kowtow to Americans and to speak Ukrainian, most often against its will? If your answer is “I didn’t know” then you have forfeited your right to an informed opinion on what’s happening there now.

https://thesaker.is/the-situation-in-the-ukraine-predictions-vs-reality/

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2022/02/27/the-european-commission-president-announces-in-effect-that-eu-is-joining-the-war-against-russia/

8 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

@opus101

You mentioned earlier events in which 50 people were killed.

After 4 days of this war hundreds, maybe thousands of people have lost their lives, estimates speak of possible 50 thousand or more if this conflict lasts longer, and Putin attempts to scare the world with nuclear weapons, there is simply no comparison.

Yes around 50 killed in Odessa. You're not up to speed yet with the number of casualties in Donbas region? Last figure I read was it was into 5 figures though my memory is rather hazy. Definitely several thousand civilians.

Just this morning read this from a commenter named Ralph on Craig Murray's blog. Definitely recommended even though he's far from being a 'Putin apologist' -

In the 2nd largest city of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Gorlovka (Horlivka), 2 teachers were KILLED in SCHOOL by the cowardly ukrainian military deliberately firing at a CIVILIAN area, as they so often have done. On February 25, as a result of an attack by the ukrainian military on School No. 50 located in the Kalininsky district of Gorlovka, 2 Gorlovka teachers were tragically killed by a direct shell hit: Kudrik Elena Pavlovna, born in 1969, a geography teacher, and Ivanova Elena Viktorovna, born in 1977, deputy Director for educational work.

48 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

Yeah I know, so anti-American of me to bring up the deaths of a couple of hundred thousand Iraqi when the issue now is Ukraine. 

I understood there were at least half a million Iraqi kids killed by sanctions which Madeleine Albright declared 'were worth it'.

4 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

I didn't know them but they mean something to me, so I bring them and others who were ruthlessly killed to the forefront as often as possible. People hate me for it but so what.

The saying goes that one death is a tragedy and a million deaths a statistic so yeah, I feel mentioning individuals with details helps bring the fact home. Which is why I shared some of 'Ralph''s post on http://www.craigmurray.org.uk above.

3 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

Of course all this is speculation......but I think he would have expected it. 

I am sure it was folded into his planning. As Andrei Martyanov says 'Russians don't take a dump without making a plan'. Mr Martyanov is Russian himself so he'd know.