IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of… John Martyn's Solid Air

It's going to take others a little while to comment because this masterpiece is lengthy. In these days of short attention spans and abbreviated everything, I applaud @JoshM for writing in-depth like this and creating a true reference piece of work. This is amazing. 

I'm a big fan of John Martyn's work, including Solid Air and other albums such as Grace & Danger, and Live At Leeds (DR 14). 

Now, to track down the Island Years box!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's going to take others a little while to comment because this masterpiece is lengthy. In these days of short attention spans and abbreviated everything, I applaud @JoshM for writing in-depth like this and creating a true reference piece of work. This is amazing. 

I'm a big fan of John Martyn's work, including Solid Air and other albums such as Grace & Danger, and Live At Leeds (DR 14). 

Now, to track down the Island Years box!

Thanks, Chris. If you want a new, physical copy of the box, this is the best place I’ve found to get it.

1 hour ago, FabMan said:

To be honest, I just signed up only to be able to comment on this stunning article. Being a moderate fan of John Martyn‘s music, I find it particularly special every time I got time and chance to listen to it. Your expertise and passion to deliver a profound contribution of this artistsˋ single album really leads me to invest some time to deepen my experiences with his music.

Kudos for the time and efforts you put into this, it is really appreciated. I miss more of this masterclass-worthy works to really getting into a particular topic like an absolutely in-depth analysis of an old but rather still relevant artists’ work. For me the article is well balanced between explaining personal circumstances, Zeitgeist and valuation of technical as well as quality implications of different published versions. What a bliss over ‚reviewing’ with a 30-lines compressed print of ‚just another remastering of just another dude‘ - just to have it covered, too, compared to the competition.

And by the way, Nothing beats the original pressings - normally.

Thank you so much for the kind words!