IGNORED

Building NAA for HQplayer

kwatch

3 minutes ago, ra990 said:

Is it possible to use wifi with NAA OS? Any instructions someone can point me to?

Theoretically yes, as long as you are not using the x64ramfs image.

Needed things are included on the image, but it is unsupported and unofficial. You need to configure wpa_supplicant to handle the wireless connection and then configure systemd-networkd to handle the higher level network configuration.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 19/5/2023 at 14:52, stefano_mbp said:

Prova a lavorare come root

una volta effettuato l'accesso con il nuovo tipo di utente prima

su radice

quindi imposta Alsa come preferisci e prova ad usare alsactl store, dovrebbe funzionare

Greetings,
unfortunately it still doesn't work.....
Thank you all the same.
Best regards.

Vincent

52 minutes ago, FRANCY2007 said:

unfortunately it still doesn't work.....

A screenshot would be helpful.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have built and am using a NAA from a NUC5 with fanless case and the file downloaded from the website on a usb stick an it is working well. I have built a PC with a Intel 13700 processor and am feeding the files to the NAA and have been successful using DSD512 with syncM and the ASM7EC2 to a Denafrips ARES 12-1 DAC. I now have a T+A DAC 8 DSD and would like to use it instead. Of course with this setup all I can do is DSD128 over DoP. I have a number of PC's available to build a windows based NAA and use the ASIO windows driver to get the DSD512 thruput with the T+8. No I do not plan to update the firmware to the non factory one that allows this via Linux as I would prefer being able to use a Windows server later unless a firmware is created that allows both. So I see in this series of posts Miska stated to not use Windows for a NAA unless you have a reason to do so...and this would be the reason. Is there a ISO/file that allows for this or does anyone have a post/blog where they have been successful with this T+A DAC? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly computer literate and pretty much make most anything work with enough time spent...it would just be nice to see if others have done this and get some direction/software to make this less time consuming.. Thanks in advance Russ

16 hours ago, Rrroberts40 said:

Is there a ISO/file that allows for this or does anyone have a post/blog where they have been successful with this T+A DAC? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly computer literate and pretty much make most anything work with enough time spent...it would just be nice to see if others have done this and get some direction/software to make this less time consuming.. Thanks in advance Russ

Due to Microsoft licensing requirements, you need to source OS separately from Microsoft. For testing purposes I ordered Fitlet3 with Windows 10 IoT which is bare bones baseline Windows 10 without any of the unnecessary extras. This should work for the purpose, but I haven't got time to test anything on it yet.

Other than that, after installing Windows and T+A ASIO driver, just download the Windows networkaudiod. Then modify the NAA name as necessary in the startup .bat and start the networkaudiod through the .bat file. Nothing else to do, pretty straightforward.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, Miska said:

I would avoid using Windows for NAA unless you have a specific reason to do so.

Best is to just boot up NAA OS image.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, Miska said:

I have not used Windows for NAA since old T+A DAC8 DSD days. But I've used Windows for running HQPlayer Desktop and locally connected DAC.

I don't want to have NAA running any graphical stuff, because right after storage devices, graphics is one of the biggest sources of noise in computers.

I have Windows 10 IoT on the new fitlet3 though. I just have not run anything else yet than just the OS on it though. It is on the internal SSD, because I don't need the internal SSD for the intended Linux based NAA uses. Since NAA boots straight off a USB memory stick.

For lowest power NAA boot storage, use microSD card in a small microSD adapter.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Due to Microsoft licensing requirements, you need to source OS separately from Microsoft. For testing purposes I ordered Fitlet3 with Windows 10 IoT which is bare bones baseline Windows 10 without any of the unnecessary extras. This should work for the purpose, but I haven't got time to test anything on it yet.

Other than that, after installing Windows and T+A ASIO driver, just download the Windows networkaudiod. Then modify the NAA name as necessary in the startup .bat and start the networkaudiod through the .bat file. Nothing else to do, pretty straightforward.

Hello Miska, 

I am not totally familiar with this but will try to grasp and grab the ISO and other software I can and go from there. I have a older Intel NUC 3 (I don't think they had them  numbered on the earlier ones) but it will run windows 10 so I will try to get this working if I can follow your lead. Thanks for the help and I may be back to ask questions if you are incline to help with this endeavor. I am familiar with modifying .bat files but not sure on the "modify the NAA name" instruction and what I would need to do there...thanks for the help so far...Russ

Downloaded the CORE ISO file and it is not bootable. The core iso has three versions in it with .msi extensions ARM/X64/X86. My experience with .MSI packages is that they are programs to be installed on an already working version of windows. Not familiar on how to make a bootable package to install on this NUC... Maybe not as versed on non standard installs as I need to be to get this done...thx 

Thanks for that. Here is where I have gone so far today. I do have a Win 10 install on this I3 NUC 3? with 8 gigs ram and paired down and debloated. I found the networkaudiod download ver 4.23 and install the T+A Dac 8 DSD asio drivers on the NUC 3 and put the networkaudiod.exe file and the .bat file on there as well. tried running the .bat file and got an error VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing. So far that is where I am...pretty much a newbe on the HQPlayer / NAA front. Am currently listening to my other NAA on the  NUC 5 playing the T+A DAC 8 at DoP DSD128 with sincM and ASDM7ECv2 and it sounds quite good and could just stay with that but would like to try going to DSD256 or 512. I do think the HQPLAYER V5 PC has enough HP to go further up if I can get a Win 10 NAA functional. Russ

Tried running the networkaudiod.exe this time and got a MSVCP140.dll was not found then the same VCRUNTIME140_1.dll not found. Looks like I need some additional package to make this work then the .bat file needs some mods too...please advise if you have time. Thanks Russ

1 hour ago, Rrroberts40 said:

Tried running the networkaudiod.exe this time and got a MSVCP140.dll was not found then the same VCRUNTIME140_1.dll not found. Looks like I need some additional package to make this work then the .bat file needs some mods too...please advise if you have time. Thanks Russ

Please see the notice under download button on my web page. You need to have the necessary Microsoft runtime installed which you can find here.

Be careful when "debloating" things, it may break networkaudiod functionalities and make performance suffer.

OK Miska thanks for that...it solved the files not found issue. So after running the batch file I get this feedback so I think now I need to understand what needs to be done on the .bat file editing to get to the next level...let me know what you think when you have time...thanks again!

1Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, Rrroberts40 said:

OK Miska thanks for that...it solved the files not found issue. So after running the batch file I get this feedback so I think now I need to understand what needs to be done on the .bat file editing to get to the next level...let me know what you think when you have time...thanks again!

1Capture.JPG

Nothing more is needed, it is up and ready for use. Your HQPlayer instance should be able to see the DAC(s) behind it through the Network Audio backend.

Hello Miska,

This setup has worked so far. Ran the same settings initially I had before just removed the DoP . Sounded about the same as the other NAA. Clicked up to DSD256 and was getting a 1 sec or so pause about every 40 sec or so of playing. No other sound issues but occasional pause.  Temps on the PC were only about 40-45C so wasn't a heat problem. Sounded very good though other than pauses. Went from sincM / ASDM7ECv2 to poly-sinc-gauss-xla /ASDM7ECv2 , pauses stopped heat went up 48-54C. Stilled sounded good, maybe not quite but close. Tried poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp / ASDM7ECv2 heat went down 38-43C, still sounds quite good...letting it play for a while and then may try DSD512. Any suggestions you may have feel free...Windows 11 PC / Intel I7-13700-Artic 240 watercooled-32g DDR4 ram 3600mhz Corsair Vengence LPX no GPU at this point.. I am using Roon Rock with a NUC8I7 in a Akasa fanless case.

16 hours ago, Rrroberts40 said:

This setup has worked so far. Ran the same settings initially I had before just removed the DoP . Sounded about the same as the other NAA. Clicked up to DSD256 and was getting a 1 sec or so pause about every 40 sec or so of playing. No other sound issues but occasional pause.  Temps on the PC were only about 40-45C so wasn't a heat problem. Sounded very good though other than pauses.

Which were the settings in this case? Sounds like it runs very slightly too slow, or some other process activity flips it over periodically.

I had it set to sincM / Nx as sincM / ASDM7ECv2 DSD256 and I would get the 1 +/- sec pause every 30-40 sec. No pause on any other setting. No hiss or noise just the little pause otherwise sounded very good. Only ran it that way for maybe 5 min or so. Then switched to the poly-sinc-gauss-xla / Nx poly-sinc-gauss-xla / ASDM7ECv2 DSD256 heat went up a bit 5-7c but still fine and no pause. Thought it sounded slightly better on sincM but very short listening. Now using poly-sinc-short mp / nx poly-sinc short-lp / ASDM7ECv2 DSD256 as was getting slight sibilance on older rock cuts so new setup improves that somewhat. Plus cpu usage at 20% solidly and heat at 33-40c. Been listening for a few hours and no glitches and sounds very good. Probably going to try to do DSD512 shortly keeping everything else the same and watch cpu/heat and see what happens...what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to respond! Still trying to learn which settings work and what they sound like...newbe on the settings for sure.

58 minutes ago, Rrroberts40 said:

Miska, I have done a couple additional things since you helped me with the NUC 3 NAA Win 10. I decided to build another NAA Win 10 device using the same info from the NUC 3 one. The new one has a ITX older ASRock H87m board an I3-4360 chip and 16g Ram. It has a better power supply and a Silverstone fanless case and a Jcat USB card in it. Plus it has a purchased Fidelizer Pro that lowers latency. I used it some time back as my JRiver server before I switched to Roon then used it as a Roon endpoint. I just tried the DSD512. Is playing fine CPU at 35 to 39% and temps 42-56c. Sounds good. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated

Tried to use HQPlayer NAA Image but could not get it to boot. Using older Intel DH67GD board with i3 2100. UEFI boot is enabled.

Must be doing something wrong. My procedure:

Used Win10 to download image (naa-440-x64), extract with 7-zip, copy to USB with Balena Etcher. USB shows up in boot menu as PMAP, when set to boot I get blinking cursor at left. I've tried other USB ports and different USB drive as well as SD card. Tried x64ramfs version and also a couple embedded versions. Machine boots Linux Mint and Win10 fine. GentooPlayer also boots fine. I think its something to do with this old motherboard. Any Ideas?

Thanks so much.