IGNORED

Article: New Schiit Yggdrasil Blind Listening Comparison

On 4/4/2022 at 6:24 PM, john321 said:

So how would you say the Denafrips Terminator II compares with the Less Is More Yggdrasil ??  Ready to pull the trigger on a new dac and I am looking at both.  Thanks.

I’m still looking for comparison notes on this too… @The Computer Audiophile has had a Terminator, but settled on LIM…. would be interesting to know why.

I’m looking for large soundstage, but with imaging precision. Tried the Holo Audio May, and despite a very large soundstage the diffuse/nebulous imaging wasn’t something I liked, so it got sold on pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, Gavin1977 said:

I’m still looking for comparison notes on this too… @The Computer Audiophile has had a Terminator, but settled on LIM…. would be interesting to know why.

I’m looking for large soundstage, but with imaging precision. Tried the Holo Audio May, and despite a very large soundstage the diffuse/nebulous imaging wasn’t something I liked, so it got sold on pretty quickly.

The Terminator is very dependent on doing external upsampling to get the most out of it. Sending PCM at 20 bit / 1.536 MHz from HQP is really good. The filter options are endless though. 

The LiM is a DAC you just feed straight PCM from the source and let it use the Schiit proprietary filter. 

Very different use cases. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

24 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

I guess you use your EMM Labs DAC for upsampled sources (

my best experience with EMM was to feed it the data unaltered. It up samples to a high DSD rate internally, which may or may not have anything to do with what I heard, but it seemed a bit more relaxed if I didn't up sample in front of it.

Perhaps my up sample choices were not ideal since HQP has a pretty much unlimited number of combinations and I surely didn't try more than a small subset of them.

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768