IGNORED

Article: Easily My Album Of The Year

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

While I'll admit she has an amazing voice... how she uses it and how the music is performed are not to my liking.

Saw her live.  Great fun, enjoyed it.  So I'm among her fans (but of course don't mind if anyone else isn't). 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, jimx1169 said:

I'm enjoying it, but it's likely the most bass-heavy recording in my collection.  I had to turn the subwoofer completely off to listen to it at any kind of volume.  This is from the Qobuz version I downloaded this afternoon. 

I love the bass - I think the playing is very tasteful.  Heh, oh well....

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

27 minutes ago, PeterG said:

I agree with what you've written, but you've kind of straw-manned me twice.

First, if The Beatles had stopped at "She Loves You", I would not have used them as models of innovation.  I'm pretty sure that's obvious.

Second, I did not propose that we could measure art or emotional reactions.  But as others have noted above, I believe we can rank art, at least in broad strokes, from better to worse.

I also notice that you use the phrase "good art".  If some art is "good", I hope you'll agree that some other art is better, and some is best.

I wrote after looking at something @The Computer Audiophile said, so it wasn’t intended as a response to any of your postings. It’s just what I think.

I did use the phrase “good art,” but that was in a sentence saying we can’t objectively determine what either art or good art is. That’s just what I think, and if others think differently, well that’s the stuff of which conversations are made. 🙂