IGNORED

Fitlet2 as HQplayer NAA

7 hours ago, ericuco said:

@Miska I use my fitlet2 for NAA using your Embedded OS (x64amd). With your new naming convention (avx2 & sse42) which one is appropriate?

x64sse42 is the correct one. fitlet2 has Atom-class CPU that doesn't support AVX2.

7 hours ago, ericuco said:

Obviously, disable hqplayerd and hqpwv so only NAA is running

I dropped hqpwv out on 4.32 release.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

9 hours ago, Miska said:

x64sse42 is the correct one. fitlet2 has Atom-class CPU that doesn't support AVX2.

I dropped hqpwv out on 4.32 release.

Hi Miska, I just ordered the fitlet 3 with the atom x6425e (production time up to 22 weeks tho), does it also not have support for avx2?

5 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

Hi Miska, I just ordered the fitlet 3 with the atom x6425e (production time up to 22 weeks tho), does it also not have support for avx2?

Last time I checked ark.intel.com didn't have such details for the CPU. But we'll know at least once mine arrives...

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Could I use a fitlet-i https://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/fitlet-i/ instead of the fitlet-b ?  

looks like it is an older model ...

With these specs

Windows 7/8/10, 32-bit and 64-bit, Linux 32-bit and 64-bit
Kühlung: passiv (Aluminium Gehäuse)
 4.5W - 10.5W
RAM 8GB
 1TB SSD
Display 1: HDMI 1.4a up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
Display 2: HDMI 1.4a up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
LAN 1: Intel I211 GbE controller
LAN 2: Intel I211 GbE controller
Wireless WLAN: 802.11ac + Bluetooth
2x USB 3.0
4x USB 2.0
1x Serial communication port
COM1: RS232 via mini serial connector
Micro-SD
1x Full-size mSATA socket (low profile)
1x Half/Full-size mini-PCIe socket (high profile)

On 2/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, fmzip said:
For $425 I think I will give it a go and compare it to the OpticalRendu

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, dekipeki said:

Could I use a fitlet-i https://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/fitlet-i/ instead of the fitlet-b ?  

looks like it is an older model ...

If anyone is looking for a Fitlet2, I have a brand new one. Never got around to installing it as my Sonore has been rock solid for me. Feel free to message me if interested, specs on the purchase are listed above

• 7 months later...

So two years later, I've decided to boot the Fitlet 2 up. To boot from the USB drive, am I supposed to select #4 in the BIOS "USB Key"?

Also, is this necessary to do since I have the Optical input? @ericuco didn't mention needing to do this but @camott did.....

fyi, I was able to get the NAA image to work on a Fitlet2 with optical connection by disabling the two ethernet ports in the BIOS.

Go to BIOS -> Chipsets -> South xxx -> PCI Express and disable the correct PCIe Root ports in the list. My Root ports are listed as #3 through #6. Using a different linux boot, I was able to check with lspci that the two ethernet ports were on the 2nd and 3rd PCI buses and correctly assumed that these map to the 2nd and 3rd ports in the BIOS (#4 and #5 in my case). (No doubt there is some other linux utility that more definitively maps the logical to physical ports).

Similarly, if you don't have optical add-on, and only 2 ethernet ports, then I would assume that you would just want to disable the last PCIe root port (#5) and the NAA image should work with the 1 remaining ethernet port. Worse case, it doesn't work and you just try different ports in the BIOS. 

image_50373377.JPG

Can anyone provide me a step by step for a novice on getting a Fitlet2 setup as an NAA for Hqplayer please? This is all i need the fitlet2 to do.

My Fitlet2 came preinstalled with Mint if that matters. @Miska is x64sse42 still the correct file to use? Is it as simple as burning this to a USB drive? Is this something I can do on windows PC as I do not know command line stuff nor Mint? Is there some sort of step by step tutorial somewhere for the not so savvy?

My current setup is using an Optical Rendu NAA mode and HQ player sees it fine. Ideally, I'd like to get this Fitlet2 up and running to replace it.

As my Filtet2 has an SFP port (which i will be using) and two ethernet ports , do I need to do this as well?

If the pc has two or more Ethernet ports that can be the issue.

Using the NAA image you must have only one Ethernet port on the pc.

The “workaround” is to use the HQPlayer embedded OS image, boot, then login as root (no password) and disable HQPlayer with these commands

systemctl stop hqplayerd

systemctl disable hqplayerd

… on HQPlayer embedded OS there are both Player and NAA

3 hours ago, fmzip said:

@Miska if i try to get on this  site, I am blocked my my Norton antivirus

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/

I am not blocked by Windows Defender. Other did not report such an issue. I think Miska has nothing to do with your issue. Look at Norton antivirus configuration.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Toss out Norton - it is one of the biggest hog of resources for an AV program.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

30 minutes ago, fmzip said:

Norton blocks this site not only on my home PC but also on my work pc located in another facility

Capture.JPG

I am also using Norton (360) , but maybe another version, or another configuration.

image.thumb.png.cf1c3e3f576379f623bd017778f4cd1f.png

Anyway, it is safe to click on the 'Continue to this site' link.

You will arrive here:

image.thumb.png.269c93b79fc9c262a291f403b915bf0c.png 

Is NAA side receiving discovery messages from HQPlayer? Your DAC is connected, powered up and correct input selected?

So first login as "root". Check that you've got IP address from DHCP with "ifconfig". Then stop the networkaudiod service with "systemctl stop networkaudiod". And then start it from console with "networkaudiod". Now you can see all the log output on console.

Then try to search for the NAA in HQPlayer, I recommend using IPv6 mode. If you are using HQPlayer Desktop, switching backend selection triggers search. On HQPlayer Embedded you can use the new button to look for devices. Observe networkaudiod output on NAA. Does it report receiving discovery messages?