IGNORED

SAWEEEET!! - List your cans & amps!

I mentioned in my list that I was not sure that I liked the IE8's because I could not get them to stay correctly positioned in my ears.

After a lot of research I bought the Comply T400 foam tips.

I can say now that the IE8's are more than worthy of their reputation for sound, are now comfortable and stay in my ears even while I am doing excercise.

So, highly recommended.

regards...

Post Script of Sadness - The Comply tips fitted so tightly that when I went to change them I actually broke the IE8. Proceed with care.

I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT 880 (250 ohm) cans. I've really been enjoying them. The headphone amp built into the audioengine N-22 amplifier drives them well. I've tried other headphones that I've liked (the Sennheiser HD 595 and the Audio Technica ATH AD7000) but the Beyers seriously rock.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

I will have to add a different perspective to this discussion and say that I genuinely prefer my HD650s for Rock/Metal over the SR80is. The SR80is rock hard, don't get me wrong, but the phenomenal soundstage of the HD650s makes the experience more epic, which is what I want in Rock. Toto's Kingdom Of Desire or Porcupine Tree's whole catalog have never sounded as head-bangingly-epic as with the HD650s. Additionally the slightly more relaxed presentation of the Senns make it easier to rock a little longer ;)

Listening Room: ALIX.2D2 (Voyage MPD) --> Arcam rDAC --> Marantz PM-15S2 --> Quadral Wotan Mk V

Drinking Room: ALIX.2D2 --> M2Tech hiFace 2 --> Cambridge Audio Azur 740C --> Rotel RC-06/RB-06 --> B&W XT4

Home head-fi: Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD 650

On the go head-fi: Sennheiser IE 8

The Sennheiser HD600 is just my taste for any kind of music. I have owned this one for almost 10 years, and thanks to my friend Paul I have been able to revive it a few weeks ago!

It has a perfect fit for my head, and I can listen to it for hours on end without fatigue...

I can hear no audible difference between the Naim and the E-MU, so I connect to whatever is more convenient.

regards,

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

If I were more into head-fi, I'd grab myself a pair of Audez’e LCD-2 (best cans I've heard to date).

Currently, my little collection consists of Sennheisers, all of which share duty at home and at work: HD 580 (original release), HD 600, HD 650, HD 800

And for amps: Meier Concerto (home office) & Swing (work), Bryston B-60, Wavelength Proton

I've bought a Cavalli Liquid Fire Amp and sold my Woo WA22. The Liquid Fire is and incredible amp: detailed, musical, powerful. The T-1's never sounded better. I will add The LCD2's too. With the Wyred4Sound DAC2 front end it is a beautiful system.

Liquid Fire Baby!!!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Ant,

Those Shuyata's are nice. BTW-I'm getting LCD2 in a few days to go with the Liquid Fire.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...

These are absolutely astounding headphones. They have impact when you listen and I mean literally. Sold the T-1's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using a Woo Audio WES massed w NOS Mullards all around. Very impressive sound. Put a deposit down on a Headamp BHSE amp about 14 months ago and hoping it will be ready soon (the headphone market is a whole different world...). It could certainly take the SQ up a notch and happy to post impressions when it arrives.

EDIT: Woo Audio WES "maxxed".... go iphone... always making me looking like a spelling bee champ w/ its amazingly intuitive spelling correction (not!)

With all the buzz on the BHSE it must be killer. The WES always looks beyond impressive and the sound must be too w/the STAX.

I've had a dedicated headphone system for over 10 years. This year I decided to take it up and started with a Woo WA22 and then moved on to the Cavalli Liquid Fire Amp. Huge jump in sound quality. I also went from AKG K701's to the Tesla T-1 and now the LCD@ rev2. At one point I really want to listen to a STAX system to make that decision!

I have to objectively reserve judgment on the BHSE until I've actually heard it in my system, but from its design and comments by other owners I expect it will be fantastic. I also have a GS-X coming too so I'll be able to listen to dynamic headphones from time to time or at least be able to test them with a good benchmark quality amp as I have high confidence in Justin's build quality.

I owned LC2's (version1) for

Running a 4ch Beta22 balanced into a pair of Audez'e LCD-2 rev 2's.

My other amp is a heavily modded Woo WA6 w/Sophia Princess 274B rectifier.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass